Big Guy on a Busa

I am 6 feet 260lbs, started out last year on a 750 Katana did the rider training at local college, and stepped up this year to the busa. Before I did I read alot of posts and I do not regret the move, the busa needs to be respected thats it, any one who does not respect it will regret it....

I have a few tickets and I am not going to tell you what I would have to pay if I get full coverage. I am 23 now ( i think ) but my bike will be paid for in full so I am going to get comprehensive and liability which is about $1300. I just hope everything will run smoothly. I also got the extended wrantee. Which also helps me sleep a little better.

P.s. I also think the katana is fugly too! Get a naked bike they're nice though!

I'm kind of up your alley..24, 6'3" 290 lbs....first bike was an R6 (was alot skinnier then), then got a Busa..much more comfortable for tall people, bigger seat for my bigger :moon:
The busa is being shipped right now from CT to HI so I'm borrowing my friends Ninja 250. If you're looking for a bike to learn on, engine size really won't make a huge difference, I'm on the smallest thing you can get other than a moped and it's still fun to ride around on (I just look like a fool) If you're just buying a starter bike to learn on, why not buy used? Especially since you're already planning on moving up soon? Can find something cheap online or in the classified!

Seeing how this is 5 years old I have to wonder how the Lunchbox made out and if he did end up buying a Busa? Hopefully if he did buy one he didn't end up paying the price that many newbies pay when they buy bikes that are beyond their skill level.:please:

The bike I bought just before the Busa , was a V-Strom 1000. At the time I was 6'1 370 this was a the perfect bike for me. Lots of Room and upright seating position and the ability to go down the Highway at 80 mph take and exit, look at a dirt road , and answer the question "I wonder where that goes" for me it was a great bike to get back into sport riding.

Its all in the wrist dude. If you survived on a sv 650 then you should be all good with a busa. A 500R in the hands of an idiot can be deadly. I can't see how liter bike is any less dangerous. If ya want a busa get one. It's your life and your responsibility to stay alive. If you have enough sense to question yourself than you are in the right mind frame. Get one there awesome.

Its all in the wrist dude. If you survived on a sv 650 then you should be all good with a busa. A 500R in the hands of an idiot can be deadly. I can't see how liter bike is any less dangerous. If ya want a busa get one. It's your life and your responsibility to stay alive. If you have enough sense to question yourself than you are in the right mind frame. Get one there awesome.

Is no one reading this thread?

IT IS FROM 5 YEARS AGO!

I'm quite sure Lunchbox has made a decision by now!:rofl:

Is no one reading this thread?

IT IS FROM 5 YEARS AGO!

I'm quite sure Lunchbox has made a decision by now!:rofl:

No, folks are just reading the last reply or two and trying to help.

5 years isn't so bad if your using the Mercurian year. :laugh:

Don't be so sure the decision has been made. Some folks like to research THROUGHLY before the make a major purchase. Perhaps these new posts will help fill in the gaps that may exist in the research to date and lunchbox will post up tomorrow from the dealer with his new Hayabusa! :whistle:

Ahhhhh....I just love time capsules. :lol:

:beerchug:

No, folks are just reading the last reply or two and trying to help.

5 years isn't so bad if your using the Mercurian year. :laugh:

Don't be so sure the decision has been made. Some folks like to research THROUGHLY before the make a major purchase. Perhaps these new posts will help fill in the gaps that may exist in the research to date and lunchbox will post up tomorrow from the dealer with his new Hayabusa! :whistle:

Ahhhhh....I just love time capsules. :lol:

:beerchug:

:rofl:

I'm thinkin the Lunchbox has maybe lost 170 lbs and is now ridin a CBR125R?

i am 6 foot 1 inch and hanging around 400lbs my first bike was a cbr 1100 backbird and my second is my 08 busa. I feel very comfortable on both bikes. I BELIEVE IT HAS TO DO WITH RESPECT, ANY BIKE WILL MESS YOU UP QUICK. Respect is key thats all i can say.

You need a Triumph Rocket 3. My friend is around the same height as you, he loves it.
Everywhere we go, crowds gather round his bike, it has such presence. Spend the money, you won't rgeret iT

This is the Rocket 3, with my friend sitting on it. We were starting a ride to Hunstanton inNorfolk, England, by the sea. fanastic ride, fantastic place, fantastic weather. They even have special parking for bikes only, in the town centre, £1.00 for a whole day, complete with parking attendants watching the bikes.

Ride to Hunstanton 08.08.09 002.jpg

Ride to Hunstanton 08.08.09 007.jpg

Back