Big Guy on a Busa

No sweat Kev. Ill just have to go to counseling tomorrow...lol

See, the problem is....Im only 24. So there is still a lot out there for me to learn. I love the way the busa feels and looks. The power for me would just be an added bonus which I will rarely use to anywhere near its full potential. I know everyone here has said that when they talk about getting one and being safe but as I said to MeltDownZ, Ive never even had a speeding ticket....lol

Thanks for the advice guys. I can always use as much as I can get.
If you get a busa, you will speed. There is no way to keep from it.
biggrin.gif

Well, I'll throw one out there. The V-strom. It's a tall bike with a great engine. Not the norm, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs and that thing was just plain nice to my knees!

In my opinion if you can control the throttle on a 650, then you can also control the throttle on the Busa. If you're gonna' spend the money, might as well get the best. Shucks check out this guy that I saw today ...
Im not nearly as bad as that guy. (sorry if youre a member) Ive got more of the football player build. But thanks for the encouraging words about me being bigger than your whole family..
down.gif

down.gif

Just kidding. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
ROFLMAO!!!
evil.gif

down.gif

Just because you've never ever had a speeding ticket doesn't mean that you don't speed...You just haven't been caught...Or you daddy is a big wig...

Anyway I think or at least you write as is your a responsible person...If that is the case go ahead and get your Busa...The Busa will only do what you ask it to and if you stay within your ability it will not body slam you...For us heavy hitters (6'2 250) there is not a more comfortable bike out that offers this sort of performance...

If your dead set on getting something to start out on you could consider a ZX-11...Great bike with power and comfort but neither match that of the Busa...

However I would not spend the money on a starter bike then buy a Busa you'll end up being upside down...Buy the Busa and ride like you write...
evil.gif

Well, I'll throw one out there.  The V-strom.  It's a tall bike with a great engine.  Not the norm, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.  I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs and that thing was just plain nice to my knees!
Agreed. I know a some big guys that own Stroms- they love'em.

PS: If you want a smaller engine, the 650 Strom is virtually the same size as the 1000.

<!--EDIT|Fooligan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093880021 -->

A katana is a pretty good bike to learn on.  And if you plan on getting a busa it would be right up your ally.  the Kat weighs in at 458lbs 20 lbs lighter than the busa so the only real difference is the power.  The thing with learning to ride is reactions.  you want a slower bike so that things dont happen as fast giving you time to think about what youre gonna do that way when you get a faster bike and things start happening faster then it will become habit.  I had a 600 kat and put 6000 miles on it now i have a busa.  But im only 170lbs so you might want to try the 750. The kat is a pretty big bike so the whole monkey skrewing a skate in the park thing shouldnt be an issue
what he said!

I dont know about 180. Right now, I couldnt even fathom the thought of goin anywhere close to that. Im not saying I dont speed. We all speed. I just have not been going fast enough to warrant a ticket I guess. I try and stay within 10-15 of the limit. Ill get mine one day though. The odds are against me....lol.

Right now, if I do get a starter bike, Im considering the GSXR 750. I dont want to buy a bike I dont like just to get experience and sell it at a $3,000 loss. I figure with the Gixxer, I can gain my experience and keep it around for a while after I get the Busa to mess around on. Granted, its not as comfortable as the Busa, its still an all around great bike. They are also a dime a dozen in the local papers and on ebay, so if I do sell it, I wont lose out on all that much.

So.....as always......what do yall think?

I dont know about 180. Right now, I couldnt even fathom the thought of goin anywhere close to that. Im not saying I dont speed. We all speed. I just have not been going fast enough to warrant a ticket I guess. I try and stay within 10-15 of the limit. Ill get mine one day though. The odds are against me....lol.

Right now, if I do get a starter bike, Im considering the GSXR 750. I dont want to buy a bike I dont like just to get experience and sell it at a $3,000 loss. I figure with the Gixxer, I can gain my experience and keep it around for a while after I get the Busa to mess around on. Granted, its not as comfortable as the Busa, its still an all around great bike. They are also a dime a dozen in the local papers and on ebay, so if I do sell it, I wont lose out on all that much.

So.....as always......what do yall think?
pick-up a busa and ride it for three months... Post telling me (truthfully) that you still only go 10 over and I will fly down there to bring you a 100 dollar bill and buy you a steak dinner!

( ;

-Rip

I will fly down there to bring you a 100 dollar bill and buy you a steak dinner!

( ;

-Rip
only one dinner. Hey guy have you been on a gixxer? Not to comfy and defently not for a fa... i mean big guy. The busa is not as aggressive down low as the gixxer so grab the busa and dont waste money on the wheelie machine.

man when i first joined the board i used to sit in teh chat room but after a while it gets old. I think someone should step up and arrange a time to meet in the chat room to talk about whatever. im down if anyone else is.

yeah no shid my first rush came trying to pass on the interstate. No im a junkie. My name is HIM and im additcted to Busa Speed... (Crowd Says HI HIM.)

A young guy in my neighborhood went riding with me last week. He has a mid 90's cbr 900. We were riding along at about 60 when he pulled up next to me and downshifted. I figured he was about to take off so I dropped down into second. I heard him throttle down as he began to slowly pull away. I grabbed and twisted and withing a few seconds, I was doing 130 in second and he was a dot in the mirror. This bike is amazing.

smile.gif

I dont consider my brother to be the wisest person I have ever met in my life... In fact I sometime consider him to be foolish!!! BUT... a few months ago I was going to buy a 40th anniversary busa but after reading this site and listening to the store owner I opted for a gixxer600.

I currently weigh 235 and I am 6'4" tall. I loved the busa but because of what everyone else said I decided to get the gixxer and not listen to my brother who says "it only goes as fast as you spin the throttle" and of course i didnt listen and after learning how to ride in about ten minutes ( having never rode a bike or atv or snowmobile of anykind) I thought so far so good and never got off the damn thing.

But then I broke the "cardinal rule" of motorcycle owners and was trying to teach my friend who has never rode a bike or anything thinking he could learn as quick as me. and he dumped it!!!!!!
mad.gif
(the jackass)

You would think a dude with a GPA of 3.9 would be ok but noooooooooooooo.

So now by red LE is on its way and should be here this week (knock on wood).

If I would have listen to my brother who has known me all my life I would have gotten that o3 copper and never let jake near it!!!!!

So what I am trying to say. If you want the busa go and get it but dont be scared or over confident (jake started riding around one hand like he was the man and thats when I should have yanked his ignit ass of my bike because he dumped it 3 minutes after he thought he was the man also I should have taught him to drive a stick shift first and as soon as i realized he would take hours to learn to take off correctly like he did I should have told him to get his own bike) if you want a bike to match the weight and slight positioning of the busa get a used katana 750. if you absolutely must have power get a used gixxer750 or cbr600 (which tend to be a little heavier and less powerful of the 600s.

Otherwise let us know what you do and when you do and post some pics.

Good luck

ok I checked out the Kat750, Interceptor, and GSXR600,750 today. My thoughts on the Kat were that I just couldnt get over the big bugeyed front end. I dont know what it is about it. Its just not for me and too expensive to lay down as well. The interceptor also wasnt really for me and the Gixxers were just too small....

So.....I think Im gonna have to try my luck with the Busa. However, the insurance was a little more than i planned so Ill have to delay the purchase for a little while since they want it all in full (bad sign of a dangerous bike???) So for now, Ill just sit in the background and continue learning and occasionally make a few jokes and launch a few spitwads until I can run with the big dogs. Thanks for all of yalls help and any new comments are certainly welcome.

ok I checked out the Kat750, Interceptor, and GSXR600,750 today. My thoughts on the Kat were that I just couldnt get over the big bugeyed front end. I dont know what it is about it. Its just not for me and too expensive to lay down as well. The interceptor also wasnt really for me and the Gixxers were just too small....

So.....I think Im gonna have to try my luck with the Busa. However, the insurance was a little more than i planned so Ill have to delay the purchase for a little while since they want it all in full (bad sign of a dangerous bike???) So for now, Ill just sit in the background and continue learning and occasionally make a few jokes and launch a few spitwads until I can run with the big dogs. Thanks for all of yalls help and any new comments are certainly welcome.
Be smart and ride safe ALWAYS, and you can ride any damn bike you want...

Is the insurance co insisting you pay the policy in full? Odd...do some checking around...State Farm's had a good reputation with several members here...

...and WELCOME!!
biggrin.gif

Just out of curiosity, what is the average insurance payment for a young driver like myself (24) with a clean license (no violations in 3 years). Just a rough estimate to get a bearing on how much to expect. Ive done of the few rate quotes online and they have been all over the spectrum.

Oh yeah....I really appreciate the warm welcome everyone here has given me. This has to be one of the best boards I have ever seen. Yall are some of the most informative, helpfull and mature people Ive seen online. Thanks again for helpin out a FUTURE Busa owner (whether it be in a month or 6 months....lol)

Phil

Back