MYTHOS went down hard

My goodness man, those goddamn deer. You might wanna get checked out, sorry about the bike. That can be fixed, as long as you're still with us.

Jacket did it's job. Relatively minor on elbows but knees are bad and RH nuckles which I didn't get a pic of because I couldn't tell how bad. You get the idea though.
P1220194.jpg

P1220191.jpg

P1220192.jpg

Right hand still oozing juice. You shoulda saw it drip when I pushed the bike in the garage today. Knuckles feel not to sore but a bit. Some swelling on the back of the right hand but I think it's mostly plasma juice. I'm sure my knees are a little swollen too.
P1220193.jpg

My goodness man, those goddamn deer. You might wanna get checked out, sorry about the bike. That can be fixed, as long as you're still with us.
Ya, deer. Deer, deer, deer. I think I'm going to be fine, Spud but thanks. The wounds are mostly dried up now but those knees. Geeze, my knees!

Jacket did it's job. Relatively minor on elbows but knees are bad and RH nuckles which I didn't get a pic of because I couldn't tell how bad. You get the idea though.View attachment 1636920

View attachment 1636921

View attachment 1636922

Right hand still oozing juice. You shoulda saw it drip when I pushed the bike in the garage today. Knuckles feel not to sore but a bit. Some swelling on the back of the right hand but I think it's mostly plasma juice. I'm sure my knees are a little swollen too.
View attachment 1636923
Please go get checked out and have the wounds cleaned and looked at.

Try a cooler shower and use shampoo instead of soap to cleanse the rash.
Serendipitously, my landlady, a beautician gave me some mint tea tree shampoo recently. I don't know what she was thinking because I shave my head but I'll try it. Sure smells nice. I'm going to endure a shower right now.

Please go get checked out and have the wounds cleaned and looked at.
Thanks for the concern DougE. Those pics were taken just a couple hours after the wreck. Even the knees are mostly dry now except for a few spots. I think it's ok. The knees scabs even look fairly even with the surrounding skin. I lost skin, yes but not nothin like that poor doe.

Man, what a shame, three ways. Evolution has passed by the deer population by not making them haul azz as soon as they feel pavement underneath. We suffer as they do. Your bike took a real hit and you, so sorry you’ll have to endure the results of that rash. Since you did lose consciousness, even now you should be checked out to see if you had a concussion. Hydro therapy may be in order to help with the scabbing.

Heal up quick.

I hate deer...

Maybe it's time for a zx14 street fighter? LOL

cheers
ken

Oh man! Entanglements with deer are never good. Glad you are able to share the story. Heal up quick and don't make any quick decisions about what to do with the 14, Busa or replacement.

Man, what a shame, three ways. Evolution has passed by the deer population by not making them haul azz as soon as they feel pavement underneath. We suffer as they do. Your bike took a real hit and you, so sorry you’ll have to endure the results of that rash. Since you did lose consciousness, even now you should be checked out to see if you had a concussion. Hydro therapy may be in order to help with the scabbing.
I know you're right about the loss of consciousness. I feel I'm ok mentally but it's possible some kind of treatment could be in order. I didn't sleep until about 4am this morn so I'm thinking no serious concussion. I'm still not tired. but I did sleep until about 9.

Word to the wise, DO NOT EVER EVER EVER wash open wounds with Tea tree mint shampoo! That was about 40 minutes of agony and I'm still feeling it. Good natural antiseptic though. But OUCH!

Ya, deer. Deer, deer, deer. I think I'm going to be fine, Spud but thanks. The wounds are mostly dried up now but those knees. Geeze, my knees!
When I got a run down by that truck on the freeway. My gear did most of its job, but I went all the way through the dermal layer on my left shoulder and left knee. Actually was great because I couldn't feel any pain. Silvedine was my saving grace. It really helped things heal quickly. That and aquaphor.:confused:

A couple years back, I was running across the 395 towards Reno in the middle of the night, and I ran into deer migration warning through Mammoth Lakes, down through Lee Vining, and up to Carson City.

Had to slow down, took me a lot longer to get to Reno that year for the Hayabusa stampede.

Last edited:
I know you're right about the loss of consciousness. I feel I'm ok mentally but it's possible some kind of treatment could be in order. I didn't sleep until about 4am this morn so I'm thinking no serious concussion. I'm still not tired. but I did sleep until about 9.

Word to the wise, DO NOT EVER EVER EVER wash open wounds with Tea tree mint shampoo! That was about 40 minutes of agony and I'm still feeling it. Good natural antiseptic though. But OUCH!
I always slathered neosporin on roadrash wounds in moving locations (IE: joints). Keeps them nasty and wet, but it will let you move without tearing open a scab every time you bend your knees.

Showers are gonna SUCK regardless, but I have no doubt that mint oil was excruciating :crazy:

If you do rebuild it then it'll be the Kawasaki version of @amirpc thread LOL

Silvedine was my saving grace. It really helped things heal quickly. That and aquaphor.:confused:
Is that over the counter stuff?

I always slathered neosporin on roadrash wounds in moving locations (IE: joints). Keeps them nasty and wet, but it will let you move without tearing open a scab every time you bend your knees.
I might try that after they all close off. I'd rather them be covered to keep bacteria out but I'll try some neosporin. Yeah, the knees are very painful getting in and out of the truck or bed or out of a chair.

hate to hear you went down but glad to hear from you!!! Had similar 10 years back but I hit a car head on at 90mph slid, rash ect. I used hot water and soap on the rash twice a day and let air dry. Then applied aquaphor. Was excruciating but healed weeks faster than not treated.

I'm sorry I didn't catch up again til now. It took me to last read post when I log in and I read the Mint Tree Shampoo and I was gonna type in NO DON'T......then I see you learned the hard way!!!! Youch!

So I will concur with keeping the wounds wet for a day or so. Neosporin or even Vaseline. I'd rec NS first. You will be tearing the scabs with every bend, every contact with the sheets, every bandage and band aid etc. Part of that Plasmas job is to form scabs to protect from infection and it allows blood cells to start rebuilding. And yes it starts within hours. So every time you tear it open, it actually reinjures a little. Hence more scarring.

Try baths in cooler water temps rather than showers. Showers are like little hammers working on ya.

Cooler temp will help bring the swelling down. And take antiinflammatories like Ibuprofen. Aspirin would thin out your plasma a bit and allow it to ooze more. You sort of want that Plasma to be as thick as you can. It will build the bridge for the blood cells to use to rebuild.

It's gonna suck until about Friday.

Have you mentioned comprehensive insurance coverage? That’s what it is out here for deer strikes, not collision.
Yeah, I think it's abou time I add that. Might as well try. It's almost inevitable that I'll hit a deer again. I'm noy going to take that lightly if I do ride bikes around here again. I had a deer hit my truck already.

I used hot water and soap on the rash twice a day and let air dry. Then applied aquaphor. Was excruciating but healed weeks faster than not treated.
I'll try that. Thanks, SSGT.

Try baths in cooler water temps rather than showers. Showers are like little hammers working on ya.
Unfortunately no tub here. I can handle the shower though. Just not the tea tree/mint shampoo!

Thanks all for all the encouragement. I've had a few from our small community offer help too. Had a guy offer to look for my phone. I wasn't carrying it but nice offer. My landlady's daughter is an RN and she said to just call her instead of going to a hospital if I want. My neighbor who's awesome grandson graduated this year called and told me to ask if I need any help. Another mom of an awesome kid who graduate this year told me to call her tomorrow just to check in. Bunch of cool folks around here. a few shitheads but lots of great people for sure. You guys are all awesome as well. It makes going through this almost a pleasure being that I get to talk to all of you about it!!! I'm thankful it wasn't a lot worse. I read some threads on here where people didn't survive the crash. Glad I was lucky.

@Mythos Question, what time of day did the crash happen at?
It was right about 3 pm. I don't think sun was a factor. I saw the deer before I tried to avoid it. It was a pretty open area, no alternating shadow and light. I had a friend crash under those circumstances and I can see why.

Back