My SRP build

Can some one tell me where this valve needs to go. Can't find a reference to it in the instructions

60790f7c.jpg

trashcan/ebay/craigslist/your friend who might need one for his stock bike/junkyard/

here is the problem with telling him that
its needed if still using the stock map sensor so as not to let the stock sensor see boost
i prefer that style of check valve over a tee and the other style
and havent had any issues with the ones ive used

its needed if still using the stock map sensor so as not to let the stock sensor see boost

Mornin' Pinky :thumbsup:

Here's what happens when you do a long run ( about 1/2 mile ) maybe a little longer
with no water spray ( Nozzle clogged up ) and 91 gas
only 6 lbs boost
80 degrees outside temp

004.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:

Not true on Gen 2 bikes, they do not require a check valve with the factory sensor. I believe we were the first to use that check valve in our turbo kits, now it appears to be in use by many others,

Richard

Well maybe I'm just lucky...I've definitely done more than a 1/2 mile pull on my bike, and then did it again, and again, and again, and at 12 lbs... yeah, lol... :whistle: But I think I'll be taking some precautionary measures anyway.

Not true on Gen 2 bikes, they do not require a check valve with the factory sensor. I believe we were the first to use that check valve in our turbo kits, now it appears to be in use by many others,

Richard
so the gen 2 stock map sensor isnt failing or getting damaged by boost?
thats good to know
again i am referring to the stock map sensor not a 3 bar replacement

so the gen 2 stock map sensor isnt failing or getting damaged by boost?
thats good to know
again i am referring to the stock map sensor not a 3 bar replacement

Thats correct, stock map sensor, haven't used a check valve in the kits since the Gen 2 came out, same as 05 and newer 1000s.

Richard

Thats correct, stock map sensor, haven't used a check valve in the kits since the Gen 2 came out, same as 05 and newer 1000s.

Richard
thank you
that info is good to know
didnt realize they changed the map sensor
seems srp just makes a universal setup for the small pieces

thank you
that info is good to know
didnt realize they changed the map sensor
seems srp just makes a universal setup for the small pieces

It would be nice if srp would include some type of instructions with their kit so good people wouldn't have to keep posting to try to figure out what the heck is going on . . . although the end result is a lot of good information!

It would be nice if srp would include some type of instructions with their kit so good people wouldn't have to keep posting to try to figure out what the heck is going on . . . although the end result is a lot of good information!

Yes him being lazy about instructions to let others pick up cause he knows they will is a strong statement for every one to see...

I am kinda holding my breath to get some awesome news this week. Supposed to be sunny all this week and next week. I have to put my truck in the shop for a new torque converter on monday...Soooooo, I was hoping to get some wheels.... :please:

Well, I drove it like I had the back end full of china on the way home. It was making a slight rhaspy noise. Turns out that when they put the turbo back on they didn't heat cycle and retorque the header flange bolts. So exhaust leaky... So, gotta fix that tomorrow and there is the most miniscule leak of oil coming around the oil feed by the filter to the turbo. Gotta fix that. Other than that it felt good. Very linear power wise. I can barely tell the turbo is there(minus the lag) I am sure I will get used to it. Can't wait to get the plastics all back on and looking pretty again.

Side note.. I haven't ridden my bike since before thanksgiving and does it feel weird. Almost like I am on a new bike and I haven't put 27k miles on it already. Strange how a little time away can shock my bodys comfort like that. But I am happy to have her back and putting some more miles on with with the local guys both new and old!

Back