SRP (Steadman Motorsports) Stage one install HELP!!

BUSA GHOSTRIDER

Registered
First off let me say I do not in any way intend to flame Steadman Motorsports and am sorry if they misunderstand any of this post!!

I recently purchased a stage one SRP system from steadman motorsports. I decided to install the thing myself. I am a helicopter sheetmetal mechanic by trade, so I'm not going to pretend to know everything about turbo systems. I have done quite a bit of research into the different systems before purchasing and decided to use Steadman. I've seen some really good things about him on this site and his kit seems to mirror RCC's for a little less $$.

I have started by mocking all my parts on the bike so I can remove the turbo, the plenum and charge pipes for jet coat and powder coat. I have already done the second fan mod for the radiator and have a temp relocator. the heavy duty clutch springs are in along with the slave support. I am now onto routing the fuel lines to the fmu and tank along with moving any required components while doing this. I also am not as sure about where the boost guage and fuel pressure gauge get t'ed in. If anyone out there is running a SRP stage one and has pics of the install could you PLEASE, PLEASE contact me. I have got the instructions off of steadmans website but they are for the old Ghetto system and not this new SRP system. The install is quite a bit different than in this install guide.

I have contacted Steadman several times about getting pictures for the install and I am sure that he will come through. They are extremly nice on the phone and say they are working to draw up some new install instructions but untill then I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Any pics of the fuel rail or fuel system, the vacuum system, or the routing of any or all of these lines would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer up!! :beerchug:

I have a SRP turbo kit and I installed it myself but don't have any pics. I will be glad to take some though and post up some. It's not too hard at all.:thumbsup:

Thanks for that Rick. Any pics that you can take would be appreciated. Did you run into any snags that I can avoid or do you have any suggestions after installing the kit on your own. I had Steadman install their map on a power commander for me but I am still going to go up to Richmond, VA to have the bike tuned.

Thanks again for your help, can't wait to see the pics.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You can call with any questions I have done srp rcc and a few others I will pm you my number.

Last edited:
oh boy! I just ordered my kit today! :-/ I got the stage 1 with the upgrade to the map sensor instead of the fmu. What were you going to manage with? PCM or ECM?

This is really the best turbo Hayabusa link anywhere!
icon2.gif
SH.Org's TURBOTALK

Tons of guys there have Jay Stedman's kits. Love that Jay! One cool cat! :thumbsup:

that does look a lot like rcc's kit.

and 'a little less $$$' is modest considering its $1400 cheaper.

that does look a lot like rcc's kit.

and 'a little less $$$' is modest considering its $1400 cheaper.

We (RCCTurbos) make most of the components for Stedmans kits, price difference is reflected in overall finish of some parts, and brand name components vs no-name components, and in completeness of kit and instructions. But still good value in either kit.

Richard

We (RCCTurbos) make most of the components for Stedmans kits, price difference is reflected in overall finish of some parts, and brand name components vs no-name components, and in completeness of kit and instructions. But still good value in either kit.

Richard

Richard if you are reading this I think I would gladly pay you the extra for your kit WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS rather than do steadmans kit. I just CAN NOT get ahold of him. It takes days to get a simple answer by e-mail and if I call, half the time no one is available to talk to me. I wish I could return the kit and buy the Stage one RCC.

I am sure the thing is sound and will make alot of power when I get it all together.

In the end I guess I figure that I've spent far to much money to get ZERO support by the people who sold it to me. If they don't want to help then they simply shouldn't sell the kit to people who want to install it themselves.

Luckily I have found a couple of .org members to help me through this. Kevin has givin me his # and I talked to him today.....on the first try I might add.

One quick question - do you think that the install guide from RCC would work for me? I will check the link that was posted here in the thread but it sure would be helpful to have a little something to go from.

anyone with some advice please feel free to contact me

Tony :beerchug:

OK the sh.org has the same instructions on how to install the SRP turbo kit (the old Ghetto instructions).

This thing is much different than that kit.

The problem I ran into last night. Charge pipe will not run from the turbo to the plenum without contacting my left hand plastics. I have loosened up the 6 bolts on the turbo and tuged as much as possible but it looks to me like I am going to have to cut a little bit of the left hand plastic at the top of the large factory cut out.

Second Problem.... and this is a bigger one. My buddy and I are both looking at this FMU and can not figure for the life of us how to get it to mount to the fwd air box mount (just behind the tank screws) and clear the charge pipe. No matter how I put the thing in there it contacts the charge pipe.

Anyone with pics of the FMU mounted, please post them up!!!!

oh boy! I just ordered my kit today! :-/ I got the stage 1 with the upgrade to the map sensor instead of the fmu. What were you going to manage with? PCM or ECM?

Power commander. I purchased the PCIII from him with the map already on it. No way am I going to use it. I plan on modifying some things and am going with a new tune.

The air filter is some crappy $20 auto zone special that I was told to crush....YEP thats right, CRUSH, to get to fit under my plastics.

F*@% that, I'm going to get the right filter and cut the hole in my left hand plastic. I really wanted the stealth look inside the plastic but I know it will get more air and it will be cooler. If I'm spending the $$ i'm gonna do it right!

I especially like the last one. I've got a 4 yo little girl, and yes they are priceless. Nothin, and I mean NOTHIN better than being a dad.

Thank you very much for the pics Kevin. I am sure that I will still be giving you a call about some nickle and dime stuff. I'm gonna look at geting a filter from Powerhouse, they have some that are already black.

Thanks again for everything, I'll send some pics of how it works out.

No problem call anytime I will help the best I can the fuel and vacume lines are no problem!!

Yes I am a single dad. I was in a head on with a deer in 08 totaled the bike over 100 when I hit! I got up walked away with a hole in my knee leathers are only so good lol and 3 days later I got sole custody of her and it's been me n her!!!!!! My word love it I taught her to walk when I could not....

I opted to not go with the FMU for my kit. They called it the stage 2 upgrade? Uses a map sensor for Raising rate 1to1 FP. I should get my kit in 2 weeks he said. I looked forward to the kit seeing that it was 1400 cheaper. But then I decided the dump was to loud and went with the full exhaust. Thinking it was 550 like everyone else charges.. Was kinda bummed when he told me it was going to be over 800 for it :poke:. But i guess everything cant be cheap. I hope I don't have to bother you guys much when I am installing mine at the end of the month.

I am going to put my bike up next week (never prepare to soon) Ship Jay my ECU so he can flash it( SH forums said good things about his tunes) and hopefully it will be pretty spot on when I get it dyno'd.

No bashing implied anywhere thru out this post.

Ghostrider, you will need to trim the laft hand fairing somewhat for the charge tubes. Not sure what is up with the FMU though. The airfilter and turbo is not what we use so I also can not comment on the fitment, other then the airfilter on our kit does fit inside the bodywork. The hoses and fitings are different in our kit as well as the routing, so our instructions will differ a fair bit. I hope the info I have given you helps you out a little.

I am off to get married so I will not be back online till Monday.

Richard

Back