SRP Turbo System

X100...I think some people are intimidated and don't know where to begin when getting into turbos. After installing mine and seeing what is actually involved it would be rather easy to locate a plenum, header, turbo, and piece it together
:beerchug::beerchug:

there is nothing wrong with plain bearing turbos
semis put 100's of thousands of miles on plain bearing turbos

its the Chinese knock offs that don't last
I personally use Master Power and not had any problems

I know Cycleogic used a IHI "Chinese" turbo on their kits and they work very good. Its odd that nobody wants chinese stuff on their Japanese bikes these days....funny stuff. We use Garrett or Turbonetics....

I know Cycleogic used a IHI "Chinese" turbo on their kits and they work very good. Its odd that nobody wants chinese stuff on their Japanese bikes these days....funny stuff. We use Garrett or Turbonetics....
chinese and japanese are different
trust me i am in the manufacturing industry and ive seen many failures of chinese manufactured equipment
and not alot of failures of japanese equipment

ive seen chinese knock off turbos fail and ive seen it first hand on more then one occasion

master power are manufactured in brazil and are quality parts and are alot cheeper then garret and turbonetics

i sell master power and turbonetics turbos and i personally use the master power due to cost

chinese and japanese are different
trust me i am in the manufacturing industry and ive seen many failures of chinese manufactured equipment
and not alot of failures of japanese equipment

ive seen chinese knock off turbos fail and ive seen it first hand on more then one occasion

master power are manufactured in brazil and are quality parts and are alot cheeper then garret and turbonetics

i sell master power and turbonetics turbos and i personally use the master power due to cost

I will look into the Master Power units, never heard of them though. I know Brazil makes some fine young ladies.......... As far as I know the IHI's were made by IHI and come as OEM equipment in several cars. On the Chinese stuff...there are several US based companies, distributors using chinese parts and calling them their own. I almost spent a whole lot of my hard earned money thinking the parts were produced here. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Get the kit and put any turbo that will match up to the header flange on it and have the kit you want. On the less expensive kits the weak links are always cheaper non-dual ball bearing turbo, internally gated vs. externally gated, crappy FMU or a crappy fuel pump and there is always the tune. As long as the header (does not crack) charge and discharge tubes work and the plenum does not leak you can turn a cheap kit into some really nice pretty easy with an upgraded turbo and other parts........ just find some who sells Garrett, Precision or Turbonetic turbo's at a great price. :bowdown:

what's a discharge tube? :whistle:

what's a discharge tube? :whistle:
Its amazing what you can make with tubing........

100_1020.jpg

I'm going to pick the SRP kit up in the morning. Ill let everyone know how it turns out.:laugh:

Good for you. Keep us posted and upgrading it is simple. Building a kit from scratch is fun but upgrading an existing kit is just as fun. :beerchug:

here is a few pics of a master power turbo (this is my t61 for my prostreet bike)
index.php

index.php

Last edited:
any updates yet??? Are you having Stedman put the kit on for you as well? Even if you put it on yourself, Id at least have stedman tune it for you

I just finished installing it this past weekend and took it out Sunday for a little street racing boy does that thing make some power.:laugh:

Which lines, I have intercooler lines, ICE chest lines, Oil cooler lines, Fuel lines... :laugh:

DSCF1054.jpg

Which lines, I have intercooler lines, ICE chest lines, Oil cooler lines, Fuel lines... :laugh:

DSCF1054.jpg

Nice setup. I'm having a reoccuring problem with the following. My bike runs AWESOME till i ride it about an hour or 70+miles....then it doesn't want to boost it will stutter and pop when you get into boost. I don't stay in it because i know its going lean. WTF this happens everytime I ride and I always try and get one boosted pull in before i head home and this in when it occurs. I will drop down in 3rd roll up to about 7500 and WOT then no boost and this past time a backfire sound.....I chopped the throttle Immediately.

My fuel digital fuel gauge shows 44psi when i first crank the bike up and after riding it for awhile it slowly drops down 44-43-42-41-40.....at 41psi is when it doesn't seem to want to boost. I can go home wash my bike and let it sit for an hour, get back on it and go down the road and it boost fine. WTF!!!

At first I thought it was a vapor lock issue but RCC richard said thats almost impossible with a fuel pump this big and the bike running. I added a second fan to the bike couple weeks back and it stays in the middle temp range all the time now.

I'm stumped:banghead:

Back