Gen II SRP build...316HP

JRivera2002

Registered
Here's a few pics of my 08 busa turbo install, after having it tuned the first time the rising rate regulator must have vibrated loose....lean condition...and well, new pistons and a new head gasket were in order. Well worth the money for the head gasket...Bike was making around 270 before we installed the low compression headgasket and now makes 316 to the wheel@12psi:thumbsup:, but we did have an issue with turbo creep due to the port on the wastgate side not being big enough (spiked to 22psi!!) ouch...but our friends down the road at Kings Performance gave us some insight at what causes the creep. A quick port match to the exhaust and the problem went away. It was a summer of asspain trying to get this thing dialed in but thanks to my friends over at Full Throttle Customs and Kings Performance down here in Orlando, we got her running like a beast! Oh and I cant forget to thank MPS for always having those last minute parts in stock,made a few trips back and forth to MPS for various parts, luckily they're not too far from my house. :beerchug:

busa.jpg

P7170161.jpg

P7190171.jpg

P7170159.jpg

P7160153.jpg

P7160148iii.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

No Johnny turbo didnt tune my bike, I actually had it tuned at a local shop that my friend owns called Full Throttle customs. They have an in house dyno, and we just reflashed the stock ecu. Although I'm sure Johnny turbo does a great job tuning I've seen his bikes at a few events, sick....

Oh sorry...You mentioned King's Cycle so i figured that John had a hand in it...He is a wild tuner, he tuned my busa to run scary numbers on a street

Are you saying that you changed the head gasket and it gave you more horsepower? Or are you saying after you lowered the compression with pistons and gasket, you were able to up the boost?

Yes exactly, after we changed the head gasket and made lower compression we moved the boost from 7psi to 12psi . Oh and that was Kings Performance by the way, they work primarily on big turbo cars, so we asked them if they had an idea about what was causing the turbo creep and they knew right away what was causing it, big help.

Yeah actually it is, the guy actually contacted me to race again, aparently the car is making more power which is kinda scary because I didnt beat him by a whole lot...the car is sick fast...I didnt think he was that close to me when we raced, so thats why I let off, and then he blasted by me, I was like "damn really?" If I had realized he was so close I would have stayed into it for a few more seconds, take it to like 170 or so...but whatever...its so hard to get a good race with him because a car with that much power is going to have "issues"...but he definitely brings the car out when its time to race. I just had to leave to Afghanistan so I never got to run him again. Might do it again this summer if his car is still in one piece, I'd hate to lose but I'm not a sore loser, if you have a car that can beat a turbo busa, you got a serious ride lol...he waxed the hell out my friend on another 08 busa, and ran away from a 1000 like they were standing still.

Yeah actually it is, the guy actually contacted me to race again, aparently the car is making more power which is kinda scary because I didnt beat him by a whole lot...the car is sick fast...I didnt think he was that close to me when we raced, so thats why I let off, and then he blasted by me, I was like "damn really?" If I had realized he was so close I would have stayed into it for a few more seconds, take it to like 170 or so...but whatever...its so hard to get a good race with him because a car with that much power is going to have "issues"...but he definitely brings the car out when its time to race. I just had to leave to Afghanistan so I never got to run him again. Might do it again this summer if his car is still in one piece, I'd hate to lose but I'm not a sore loser, if you have a car that can beat a turbo busa, you got a serious ride lol...he waxed the hell out my friend on another 08 busa, and ran away from a 1000 like they were standing still.

No kidding..... Yeah, I was really wondering how it would have ended up if you didn't shut it down. That supra was sickening fast, but you you did have a honest steady pull on him until you let off. Are you running stock sprockets? I am going to do a full engine/turbo build on my 08 in the next week or so (stock wheel base). The budget isn't letting me stretch it out so I will have to counter with longer gearing for a bit.
How much horsepower is that beast pushing now? That was probably an humbling experience for him, lol. 1130rwhp cars aren't usually used to admiring tail lights.
Good luck in Afghanistan!

Damn dude, I thought I was gonna be the first guy over 300hp with an SRP kit. Oh well, Ill be the first over 400. :laugh: Anyways, why you still running the FMU, with the boost fuel option with with ecu editor?

Yup, I think I'm gonna port mine, since everyone else has had creep issues. Mine hasn't at low boost, but chances are it will at high boost.

Low boost is where the creep issue occurs, if you do not have it occuring at low boost you will have no issues at high boost. I think the problem with the SRP kits occured on the gen 2 busas with the 3.5 psi spring, the turbos Jay sends out are fine at 7.5 psi, but when trying to gate more to make less boost is where to problem occured.

Richard

That's good to know, but I did just put a 3.5 spring in because I'm running and ams1000...would this be an issue now?

That's good to know, but I did just put a 3.5 spring in because I'm running and ams1000...would this be an issue now?

It might creep, but you know it will not creep past 7 psi, so it still will not be an issue. The Gen 2 with its high compression is the issue if boost goes past 4 psi

Richard

Back