Rcc turbo build in Dallas

WOOSAB

Registered
So i ended up getting my build done by sabin performance in Dallas TX. He did my r1 and my busa turbo bike and i was always happy with him so i decided to have him do my turbo. We did stage 1 and added, wosser pistons, rods, spacers, studs, stainless steel valves and springs, bearings and base gaskets.
My goal was to do 300hp on pump fuel. Well last night we got 284hp before i left at about 6pm. I went a little over kill on parts after talking to Richard. Last thing i wanted to do was put all this money in a turbo and them something internal go out. I am heading back today to see the final results.
b2-3.jpg

b1-2.jpg

b3-1.jpg

Thats pretty close to how I wanna set mine up...Do you mind me asking how much you have tied up in the build? Including the price of the turbo.

6300-6500 for turbo wosser piston and rods ordered straight from rcc... Then 2300-2500 for rest of parts and build and tune. I honestly can't tell you exact prices have to go find my receipts. We ended up getting 300hp on 16-17 pounds of boost on pump fuel.. Anyone else running 300hp how much boost are you running?

6300-6500 for turbo wosser piston and rods ordered straight from rcc... Then 2300-2500 for rest of parts and build and tune. I honestly can't tell you exact prices have to go find my receipts. We ended up getting 300hp on 16-17 pounds of boost on pump fuel.. Anyone else running 300hp how much boost are you running?

It looks like a Stage One Ecu Editor kit . . . if so, 17 pounds of boost on pump fuel will not last very long on the street. Taking 93 octane fuel over 8 pounds of boost is taking HUGE chances on your motor. Please share your secret . . .:laugh:

Honestly no secret maybe I better ask my builder that question... Sabin performance is who did it..

I don't wanna knock any builder. But what ive found and researched as well as talked to 100's of people that Frank at POWERHOUSE is the god father of turbo bikes :bowdown: hes been doing it from what I understand over 30 years. Woosab I hope your bike holds and wont blow up :please:

me too.. let me give a few of the other local builders a call. I believe there are 2 rcc dealers local to me. Cycle Werks in Ft. Worth and Johnny Cheese in Austin TX

me too.. let me give a few of the other local builders a call. I believe there are 2 rcc dealers local to me. Cycle Werks in Ft. Worth and Johnny Cheese in Austin TX

What you really want to do is call your builder and ask how much boost was needed to make the numbers you made. You can always call two techs and get three opinions . . .:laugh:

i'm take it to another one of those places and have them put it on dyno and i'll post boost and dyno charts and what they say.. Now i'm scared to ride the thing... :banghead:

I agree with Frank, something isn't right and you are asking for trouble. The numbers don't jive honestly.

Johnny Cheese will take care of you and get it sorted... :beerchug:

on my gen 2 busa with rcc kit i got about 356 hp at 17-18 psi of boost. But I agree with others, you are way over capacity for pump fuel and something seems up. You don't have water injection on it or anything correct?

Boost guage is off. Based off the springs we are running 7-8 on boost. The HP numbers are correct and that was on Pump gas... Anyone have block offs or screens or something to put down at the bottom of the bike where the headers normal are so the turbo can't be seen at all. IT's very well hidden in the fairings but up close you can see a few things.

Back