Gen2 Hayabusa Motor Build for Stage 1 (rcc)Turbo Kit

sbarna992

Registered
Family,

I'm about to purchase a stage 1 RCC (kit with BOV and water/meth injection and HD clutch springs). Before that I am going to be having my motor out for a transmission (shift fork) issue so I figured now would be a good time to beef up the motor for turbo applications. This is what I'm planning:

1. Cylinder Studs
2. Heavy Duty Valve Springs
3. Stainless Steel valves
4. Turbo Pistons
5. Turbo rods

I am planning to run maximum 8 psi of boost.

My question(s) are:

1. With the above setup will I need to install a base spacer as well?
2. With the above setup what would be the potential maximum boost I could run?
3. Do turbo pistons lower compression making a base spacer unnecessary?
4. Are there any additional changes I should be doing?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Family,

I'm about to purchase a stage 1 RCC (kit with BOV and water/meth injection and HD clutch springs). Before that I am going to be having my motor out for a transmission (shift fork) issue so I figured now would be a good time to beef up the motor for turbo applications. This is what I'm planning:

1. Cylinder Studs
4. Turbo Pistons
5. Turbo rods

My question(s) are:

Cheers!
No you don't need the base spacer. And as far as boost it should take all that the turbo has to offer. 550+ HP, well that's with the right fueling upgrads too.

Family,

1. Cylinder Studs
4. Turbo Pistons
5. Turbo rods

My question(s) are:

Cheers!
Gen2 turbo pistons lower compression won’t need a spacer.

Like @01smokes said you do those upgrades motor should do everything that turbo can.

Just bought a RCC Stage 1 kit off Richard today (amongst a long list of other parts) and also Wossner 9:1 pistons and rods; he said no base spacer is needed for my '18 model with turbo pistons - however the rest of the engine is getting Cometic gaskets as it goes back together. I've been asking him lots of questions and I sure will be asking some here, but don't want to be that annoying kid who constantly asks "why"!
I'm going to throw a EGT Pyrometer up its kazoot during dyno tuning out of interest to see what the EGT's are under boost. Wossner safe temp range 1300-1500 F (700-815 C)- that's aircraft grade!!!

Just bought a RCC Stage 1 kit off Richard today (amongst a long list of other parts) and also Wossner 9:1 pistons and rods; he said no base spacer is needed for my '18 model with turbo pistons - however the rest of the engine is getting Cometic gaskets as it goes back together. I've been asking him lots of questions and I sure will be asking some here, but don't want to be that annoying kid who constantly asks "why"!
I'm going to throw a EGT Pyrometer up its kazoot during dyno tuning out of interest to see what the EGT's are under boost. Wossner safe temp range 1300-1500 F (700-815 C)- that's aircraft grade!!!
Don't need a spacer if you go with turbo pistons on any build turbo build.

Ask away that's what people here for, I was calling companies and messaging peoples ears off. Don't be shy it's your money down the drain if it goes bad. I'd probably start a thread though keep it all in one place.

Sounds like you got a good setup planned. Don't forget the cylinder head is still aluminum. It can melt possibly quicker than the pistons.

Back