My SRP build

Nope, I had water injection but I decided to take it off...the bike seems to run fine without it, we installed a spacer and head gasket to lower the compression but I'm still rolling with the stock valves. I've run the bike pretty hard back to back runs from 2nd all the way to about 160-170mph racing other bikes on the highway and the bike feels awesome. On the dyno I think we were running about 11.5-12 A/F ratio... if I remember right.

Imo thats way too much boost for pump gas, and way too much boost on stock valve train.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes of course, we're running 12psi on the bike right now on pump gas and she runs great. I dont plan on going over 12 at the moment though, I like being able to beat on the bike on the street without issues. But this sounds awesome, I guess I'll be getting with my friend to re-tune the bike and slap a 1:1 regulator on the BUS. I'm thinking I'll order everything this month but I wont be home til june to install it. Then I'll throw that map on the bike and see what kind of power she makes. Thanks again for the great info.

Wow...way too much boost on stock valves, and pump gas with out innercooling, then you took the water injection off? And then do extended pulls on pump gas? You in essence put a gun to your engines head, after slitting it's throat. It's already probably hurt bad, judging by the smoke, and it's on the verge of blowing it's brains out in the form of burning a valve, your rings, or worst case melting a piston...or any combination of the 3. It's time for a compression test to see what damage has been done.

Can some one tell me where this valve needs to go. Can't find a reference to it in the instructions

60790f7c.jpg

Ebay..

Good thing I have lots of free time when I get home, guess I'll run through it and replace a few things...The bike made a little over 300hp, is that really too much for the stock valves?

Good thing I have lots of free time when I get home, guess I'll run through it and replace a few things...The bike made a little over 300hp, is that really too much for the stock valves?

Definitely. Even more so for you because of the long pulls you've done on pump gas, they won't be happy.

no I have done quite a few at over 400 with oem valves even some with over 500 and they are still running

Imo thats way too much boost for pump gas, and way too much boost on stock valve train.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay so I'm thinking I'm going to pull the motor back out and replace the valves and springs...I dont ever really see myself pushing the bike over 350hp on the street, so is there anything you would reccomend me doing while I have the motor apart? I know I could easily drop a few thousand in all types of parts but as far as my set up is concerned for every day riding and the occasional track days, what would be the best parts to buy? Its starting to look like a never ending project lol. BTW is there any special procedure for seating the new valves? I usually just drop my stuff off at the machine shop (my cars that is, was)...

Okay so I'm thinking I'm going to pull the motor back out and replace the valves and springs...I dont ever really see myself pushing the bike over 350hp on the street, so is there anything you would reccomend me doing while I have the motor apart? I know I could easily drop a few thousand in all types of parts but as far as my set up is concerned for every day riding and the occasional track days, what would be the best parts to buy? Its starting to look like a never ending project lol. BTW is there any special procedure for seating the new valves? I usually just drop my stuff off at the machine shop (my cars that is, was)...

Wossner or Carrillo H-beam rods, studs, Wossner turbo pistons, SS valves, valve springs, high output oil pump gear, good clutch springs and a clutch slave support plate . . .:rulez::lol:

Make sure you hook up the water injection again, or buy an ultra plenum if you wanna keep running that much boost on pump gas.

Richard,I thought we were talking Gen 1's?

Pay attention, keep up with the conversation, LOL

The member JRivera2002 has a Gen 2 and that is who we were talking about in relation to the valves, but you are corect about the gen 1s, we have pushed over 600hp with stock valves in Gen 1s, that is the cheap alternative to stainless valves for the Gen 2s, find yourself a good used set of gen 1 valves,

Richard

Thanks for the input guys, but yeah if I'm taking the time to pull everything apart then I'm putting the best parts that I can get my hands on. Like I said, this turbo thing is new to me and I never intended to go this far with the bike, but I guess its just one of those things... I guess I have a new summer project. I really need another bike again...the busa barely stays in 1 piece for very long. Definitely adding a stock 1000 to my toys and leaving it alone lol

Pay attention, keep up with the conversation, LOL

The member JRivera2002 has a Gen 2 and that is who we were talking about in relation to the valves, but you are corect about the gen 1s, we have pushed over 600hp with stock valves in Gen 1s, that is the cheap alternative to stainless valves for the Gen 2s, find yourself a good used set of gen 1 valves,

Richard

damm I guess way too much Crown Royal last night:banghead:

I am sobering up now will not post again till that point in time:welcome:

Back