My SRP build

PIC stole from google search

DSC_0033.jpg

For the record we (RCC) do supply Stedman the header and exh pipes for his kits, howevere if you are having boost creep issues it will be due to a poorly, improper, or non-ported turbine housing, which is the exh side of the turbo, we do not supply Stedman turbos, only the fabricated parts. If the wastegate has a 3 psi spring in it, it should make 3 psi regardless of the exhaust option, dump or full pipe. If it does creep it will be due to the turbine housing.

Richard

Very good info, I have an SRP kit myself and had serious boost creep issues, took the turbo apart and ported the housing and bang...mindblowing speed, no hesitation no nothing just pulls, pulls, pulls...until I hit the rev limiter in 6th :thumbsup: I love my turbo Busa... now I need an evac pump for the tubo. I tried to hot lap the bus and forgot to idle down after my run...made more smoke than my burnout lol...lesson learned :banghead:

Very good info, I have an SRP kit myself and had serious boost creep issues, took the turbo apart and ported the housing and bang...mindblowing speed, no hesitation no nothing just pulls, pulls, pulls...until I hit the rev limiter in 6th :thumbsup: I love my turbo Busa... now I need an evac pump for the tubo. I tried to hot lap the bus and forgot to idle down after my run...made more smoke than my burnout lol...lesson learned :banghead:

Why do you need an evac pump?

Richard

I guess I dont "need it" but I'd figure it would help with the little puffs of smoke that I get here and there...its annoying, I pull up to a light sometimes and theres a thin puff of smoke that will pass by from my exhaust, and its definitely burning oil...but it doest do it all the time. Plus guys will stop me and say "hey your pipe was smoking?" I'm like yeah I know...I'm thinking an electrich pump will help get that oil back to the pan since my line is virtually level from the turbo to the pan.

I guess I dont "need it" but I'd figure it would help with the little puffs of smoke that I get here and there...its annoying, I pull up to a light sometimes and theres a thin puff of smoke that will pass by from my exhaust, and its definitely burning oil...but it doesnt do it all the time. Plus guys will stop me and say "hey your pipe was smoking?" I'm like yeah I know...I'm thinking an electric pump will help get that oil back to the pan since my line is virtually level from the turbo to the pan.

Sorry didnt mean to double post, I'm in Afghanistan and my connection blows....

Last edited:
I love the gen 2 busa for turbo, stock injectors with 43 psi static pressure and a 1:1 regulator I made 356 hp, boost referenced with a 3 bar map sensor in place of the stock 1 bar, 6 stages of boost control, all through the ECU :) Double the fuel capacity of a gen 1 bike :)

Gotcha,

Thanks...I have several turbo bikes and always thought a stage two was more than that from srp..like secondaries (aftermarket fuel injectors), and another fuel rail. (I know the 08-11 models have OEM secondaries stock) :thumbsup:

The reason I believe in Bob's work so strongly is our racing results..he has taken a stage one kit that was making 230 and in a few hours went through it and made 340 rear wheel HP..I then let him ride the bike at the Mojave mile and he went over 200 several runs in a row with the bike wheeling over 160-180mph (stock wheel base) and the bike starts right up and purrs like a kitten..

FYI, the bike does have forged pistons and connecting rods..

Richard..his spring is a small Yellow (3.85psi)

I guess I dont "need it" but I'd figure it would help with the little puffs of smoke that I get here and there...its annoying, I pull up to a light sometimes and theres a thin puff of smoke that will pass by from my exhaust, and its definitely burning oil...but it doesnt do it all the time. Plus guys will stop me and say "hey your pipe was smoking?" I'm like yeah I know...I'm thinking an electric pump will help get that oil back to the pan since my line is virtually level from the turbo to the pan.

Sorry didnt mean to double post, I'm in Afghanistan and my connection blows....

If it smokes from time to time the turbo may be in need of repair or its possible you have burnt the ring landings on the intake side of the pistons,

Richard

Wait wait wait...You can control the boost through your stock ECU??? Did I read that wrong? I Have to have it if this is true!

Wait wait wait...You can control the boost through your stock ECU??? Did I read that wrong? I Have to have it if this is true!

gen 2 busas yes you can. Richard at RCC has the boost control kits in stock. I am running 5-6 psi in 1st gear up to 14 psi in the last couple of gears using the ECU to control it :beerchug:

If it smokes from time to time the turbo may be in need of repair or its possible you have burnt the ring landings on the intake side of the pistons,

Richard

Well we just put new pistons in the bike and the turbo only has maybe 1000 miles on it and that probably an exaggeration, you dont think it would be due to the oil not being to escape the turbo efficiently? I've also been told that it may be due to the air pressure pushing the turbine against the bearing? I'm pretty new to this turbo stuff so its all a learning process for me.

gen 2 busas yes you can. Richard at RCC has the boost control kits in stock. I am running 5-6 psi in 1st gear up to 14 psi in the last couple of gears using the ECU to control it :beerchug:

Oh man this is the best news I've heard all day! Thanks for the info, this sounds like an awesome idea, I'm going to have to look into this. What is this kit called?

Oh man this is the best news I've heard all day! Thanks for the info, this sounds like an awesome idea, I'm going to have to look into this. What is this kit called?

just tell richard you are looking for the ecu boost control kit, you will have to have the gm 3 bar map sensor setup in order to use it. Richard also has all of that stuff in stock as well normally.

Greg

I actually did some searching around on the forum and found your posts about it, I saw that you have a website that sells all this stuff, can I just place an order there? I'm planning on getting the entire ecu flash, shifter cables, bench cables and the the most important thing...boost control :thumbsup: I do have a question though...we tuned my bike utilizing the yosh box, if I want to leave my existing map and just adjust boost levels will that erase the map that is in the ecu right now? I'm assuming that changing boost levels will not affect a/f ratio since I have a rising rate regulator, but I would hate to flashthe ecu and then lose my existing map. eventually I'd put the bike back on the dyno and adjust with the ecu flash program. I'm also interested in this auto tune thing since I already have a wideband on my bike. Thanks for the info, this site is always helpful.

Sweet linear power curve..when it's set up with the correct amount of boost due to creep issues it will make a nice little turbo street bike. :thumbsup:

That sucks with the creep issues. Before I installed my SRP kit I noticed a few rough edges in the wastegate port, and smoothed them out before I installed it on the bike. The bike holds rock solid boost all the way to red line. Good luck man.

I actually did some searching around on the forum and found your posts about it, I saw that you have a website that sells all this stuff, can I just place an order there? I'm planning on getting the entire ecu flash, shifter cables, bench cables and the the most important thing...boost control :thumbsup: I do have a question though...we tuned my bike utilizing the yosh box, if I want to leave my existing map and just adjust boost levels will that erase the map that is in the ecu right now? I'm assuming that changing boost levels will not affect a/f ratio since I have a rising rate regulator, but I would hate to flashthe ecu and then lose my existing map. eventually I'd put the bike back on the dyno and adjust with the ecu flash program. I'm also interested in this auto tune thing since I already have a wideband on my bike. Thanks for the info, this site is always helpful.

The easiest answer is no you are going to need to re-map, the boostfuel module in ecu editor actually uses yosh settings dynamically for boosted fueling. I would highly recommend you zero the ecu's yosh settings, install the following:

ECU Flasher for gen 2 busa
gm 3 bar map sensor adapter harness
gm 3 bar map sensor
ecu boost control kit
1:1 fuel regulator (remove your FMU)

Then you will have the ability to start off with my base map, which i have mapped on my bike from 3-17 psi of boost. And be able to set a boost level in each gear.

This would obviously assume you have engine mods to handle more then 5-6 psi of boost etc, otherwise boost control wouldn't even really make sense.

Greg

The easiest answer is no you are going to need to re-map, the boostfuel module in ecu editor actually uses yosh settings dynamically for boosted fueling. I would highly recommend you zero the ecu's yosh settings, install the following:

ECU Flasher for gen 2 busa
gm 3 bar map sensor adapter harness
gm 3 bar map sensor
ecu boost control kit
1:1 fuel regulator (remove your FMU)

Then you will have the ability to start off with my base map, which i have mapped on my bike from 3-17 psi of boost. And be able to set a boost level in each gear.

This would obviously assume you have engine mods to handle more then 5-6 psi of boost etc, otherwise boost control wouldn't even really make sense.

Greg

Yes of course, we're running 12psi on the bike right now on pump gas and she runs great. I dont plan on going over 12 at the moment though, I like being able to beat on the bike on the street without issues. But this sounds awesome, I guess I'll be getting with my friend to re-tune the bike and slap a 1:1 regulator on the BUS. I'm thinking I'll order everything this month but I wont be home til june to install it. Then I'll throw that map on the bike and see what kind of power she makes. Thanks again for the great info.

Back