My review of the movie 300

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,19:10)
(yamahor @ Mar. 12 2007,16:09)
(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,19:07)
(yamahor @ Mar. 12 2007,16:02)
lurk.gif
YOU!!! YOU WITH THE POPCORN!!!

Want to see what negative 5000 post count feels like!!!!

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smileyexhibit.gif
What? I was merely demonstrating what I was doing while watching the best movie I've seen in ages...

What did you think the popcorn was for?  
poke.gif

lurk.gif
LOL...

Check your PM's

Then bite me!!!
Well, this teenager for one doesn't like to bite...

I prefer to nibble.
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Took my son to see it as well. Thought is was a very good movie. Would like to see it a the IMAX.

(ABP @ Mar. 12 2007,19:21) Took my son to see it as well. Thought is was a very good movie. Would like to see it a the IMAX.
OH YEAH!!! I'd LOVE to see it at an I-max!!

I wish there was one close to me.

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,17:58) Well Gee Pan.. I start a thread stating how much I really enjoyed the movie, how I thought it was really good from a historical point of view and i rated it a 9 or 10 out of 10

And then you respond with:

"As I said, teenagers will eat up 300... because it's very light on intelligence and heavy with the motivational speeches and action"

Gee.. wonder why I took it as an insult?
I don't understand why you would be insulted or took what I said as an insult. I was talking about the movie.

When I said "as I said", I said that as an intro because several people probably saw what I said about the movie before.

If you felt insulted just because I'm not raving about this movie or for any other reason... then I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to insult you. I was simply participating in your thread (like everyone else) and giving my thoughts about the movie.

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,16:27)
(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,17:58) Well Gee Pan.. I start a thread stating how much I really enjoyed the movie, how I thought it was really good from a historical point of view and i rated it a 9 or 10 out of 10

"As I said, teenagers will eat up 300... because it's very light on intelligence and heavy with the motivational speeches and action"

I don't understand why you would be insulted or took what I said as an insult. I was talking about the movie.

When I said "as I said", I said that as an intro because several people probably saw what I said about the movie before.

If you felt insulted just because I'm not raving about this movie or for any other reason... then I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to insult you. I was simply participating in your thread (like everyone else) and giving my thoughts about the movie.
eek2.gif

I can't hold my tongue... sorry.

If anybody should feel insulted, then it's me.

Was my original 300 thread not good enough for you?

It's kind of lame to create a new thread about a movie that someone else already started 3 days ago. You didn't offer anything different. You could have easily posted what you did in the original thread...

This is childish... and it's beneath even me. I don't care if people agree with me about a movie or not and I also could care less if people created 20 different threads about 300. Your snooty attitude towards my post was pretty much a snub (the way I read into it).

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,16:flamethrowing:) I can't hold my tongue... sorry.

If anybody should feel insulted, then it's me.

Was my original 300 thread not good enough for you?

It's kind of lame to create a new thread about a movie that someone else already started 3 days ago. You didn't offer anything different. You could have easily posted what you did in the original thread...

This is childish... and it's beneath even me. I don't care if people agree with me about a movie or not and I also could care less if people created 20 different threads about 300. Your snooty attitude towards my post was pretty much a snub (the way I read into it).
eek2.gif

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,18:30)
(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,16:27)

eek2.gif
Nice reply. I guess that's what I get for saying "sorry". I won't do it again.... ok.

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,19:27)

So, Pan... YOu don't see what you said as an insult?

Dude, When I first read it, I took it as "Anyone who likes this movie has the mind of a teenager or is a moron"...

Maybe you should just watch how you word your posts...
wink.gif

Thanks Ben.. yep that was pretty much how I took it... in Pan's mind if you like the movie you were either a teenager or a Moron.. that was pretty simple to interpret.

I guess all teenagers should be insulted also since he grouped morons and teenagers in the same category..

Or maybe you should read more closely...

I was simply (or not so simply) saying that 300 is a good movie, but just not as deep as a Braveheart or a Gladiator. I'd give it 7 out of 10 because it's loaded with eye candy and some pretty good action.

I think we all agree 300 is a fun movie... how about we leave it at that?

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,18:43) Thanks Ben.. yep that was pretty much how I took it... in Pan's mind if you like the movie you were either a teenager or a Moron.. that was pretty simple to interpret.

I guess all teenagers should be insulted also since he grouped morons and teenagers in the same category..
300 is mindless. That's a fact... not an opinion.

Does that make it bad? NO! I said I liked it! I said that right from the start. Why would I insult myself by saying only morons liked it? So read everything I said about the movie again... or just take my word for it.

I liked the movie... I just didn't love it.

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,16:49)
(thrasherfox @ Mar. 12 2007,18:43) Thanks Ben.. yep that was pretty much how I took it... in Pan's mind if you like the movie you were either a teenager or a Moron.. that was pretty simple to interpret.

Does that make it bad? NO! I said I liked it! I said that right from the start. Why would I insult myself by saying only morons liked it? So read everything I said about the movie again... or just take my word for it.

eek2.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,19:49)

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

Seriously though, it's not a mindless movie. It was pretty well based on facts in history. They followed history as closely as possible from what I understand. It was pretty educational coming at it from the viewpoint of that actually happened (for the most part)

eek2.gif

300 Rocked.  I think the characters were well picked. The Spartan leader had that look and sound that made you want the guy to kickass. Jeez, when he started yelling Spartans this or that i wanted to yell out hoo rah.

And the bad guy had that cool evil look to him. Damn, just thinking about the battle scenes makes me want to go out and start kicking stupid people's asses.
firedevil.gif

(GMbusa @ Mar. 12 2007,20:06) 300 Rocked.  I think the characters were well picked. The Spartan leader had that look and sound that made you want the guy to kickass. Jeez, when he started yelling Spartans this or that i wanted to yell out hoo rah.

And the bad guy had that cool evil look to him.  Damn, just thinking about the battle scenes makes me want to go out and start kicking stupid people's asses.  
firedevil.gif
Crap! Don't think about those scenes around me!

Braveheart and Gladiator were great movies. 300 kicked their asses, to be sure!

Much more drama, better story, better ending, you name it. Better directing, better production, too.

Thanks for the post up, T-Fox.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Mar. 12 2007,18:51) Braveheart and Gladiator were great movies. 300 kicked their asses, to be sure!

Much more drama, better story, better ending, you name it. Better directing, better production, too.

--Wag--
Thanks Wag.

I cant wait until it comes out on DVD.. I want to watch it again
biggrin.gif

(Wag @ Mar. 12 2007,20:51) Braveheart and Gladiator were great movies.  300 kicked their asses, to be sure!

Much more drama, better story, better ending, you name it.  Better directing, better production, too.

--Wag--
LOL! Ok... if you think 300 was better than Gladiator or Braveheart then we're just in different 'movie worlds'. Both Gladiator and Braveheart won Best Picture Oscars (something 300 won't even get a nomination for) and actually have a story. 300 has no story... just a scenario.

Here's a good review of 300 that pretty much sums up things I've said about it. Maybe after reading it you'll see what I mean. 300 has scenes that just take up space and don't push it along. http://www.canmag.com/nw/6996-300-movie-review

Again, I liked 300... but it's nothing compared Braveheart when it comes to comparing 'great films'. Comparing 300 to Braveheart is like comparing The Last Starfighter to Star Wars.... or Firewalker to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Back