300 - The Movie

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
This movie has been hyped for about 4 months now... and even longer for the fanboys out there. I admit that I was pumped to see it after watching the trailer over and over again.

Well... did the movie live up to the hype? Uh... sorta. It was certainly a great looking movie and had some good action, but it was also disappointing. You'll notice that King Leonidas gives probably five or six too many motivational speeches... and that gets old real quick. The dialogue keeps repeating itself and you feel like you want to have earplugs in. The movie also lacks a plot and lacks the 'heart' of Braveheart and other films that are similar... but few viewers will care about that. I did, though. I was also disappointed because I wanted more gore!!! Yep, it has decapitations and spurting blood... but it all looks cartoonish. Great movies grab you and never let go until the end... 300 grabs you but loses its grip along the way (in my opinion).

I give it 3 out of 5 stars... enough to recommend it to action fans to see this one in the theater just for the experience of it.

So what are you saying save my money?
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD at blockbuster!

I guess I'm saying it just wasn't as great as it looks in the trailer... because the trailer kicks ass!

Whether people love, like, or just hate this movie depends on them... because people have different tastes.

If you don't care about plots, characters, and dialoge and just want action... you might love it.

If you care about story, dialogue, and characters... you'll hate it.

If you care about story, characters, etc and realize going in it's just an action flick... you'll probably like it. I liked it enough to recommend it but I'm by no means raving about it. I'll give it a 2nd viewing when a good version comes online so I can get drunk to see it again.

I'm going to see it this weekend with my boy (17). I hope its not too bad .

(frisbee @ Mar. 09 2007,17:05) I'm going to see it this weekend with my boy (17).  I hope its not too bad .
It's not a bad movie at all... just don't expect Braveheart. I'd describe it as a good B movie.

Teenagers will eat it up simply because they haven't been around long enough to see the classics and other sword movies...

just got back from it. it is really good.
i have enough plot & drama @ work.... i want action & special effects. this movie has it.
its definitely no Braveheart, but who cares
it will be in my collection when out on dvd

I heard it was an ok movie. It's based on a true story, but it is taken from a graphic novel so some things aren't realistic. The graphic novel was done by the same guy that did "Sin City." They gave the movie the same kind of graphic novel look as 'Sin City" as well.

lurk.gif
Alrighty then

(BigDiesel @ Mar. 09 2007,21:03) fug that-I got Conan The Barbarian on cable tonight...Im straight.
That's one of my favorite movies! I swear I've probably seen it over 200 times all the way through... and I know every line of dialogue in it!

I saw 300 tonight too... One thing I can say, is that its one of those that will be MUCH better on the big screen. I do agree that it lets you go a bit in the middle/end, but overall I liked it.

I think the cinematics are exellent!!! I thought all around it was a very good movie.....Although..I do have to say that the spartan women have some pretty big erect nipples

(KanjiBusa @ Mar. 10 2007,04:55) I think the cinematics are exellent!!! I thought all around it was a very good movie.....Although..I do have to say that the spartan women have some pretty big erect nipples
Yeah that's true! That's something you can't miss if you tried during the oracle scene!

Now that I've seen 300... I can't wait to see Grindhouse!!!

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 10 2007,03:13)
(KanjiBusa @ Mar. 10 2007,04:55) I think the cinematics are exellent!!! I thought all around it was a very good movie.....Although..I do have to say that the spartan women have some pretty big erect nipples
Yeah that's true! That's something you can't miss if  you tried during the oracle scene!

Now that I've seen 300... I can't wait to see Grindhouse!!!
+1 to that. That trailer looked awesome to me but my friends didn't seem as interested.

Just got back from it... I LOVED it. Good Action Flick. I HIGHLY reccomend seeing it in theaters, if not for the experience of it. VERY bloody, and some nippleage... All around a good movie.
beerchug.gif

Yeah I liked it . I do not agree with small portions of the script like when the local supposedly told the Persians about the pass through the mountains . A Persian scout found that as i recall .

More nit picking .

When the two forces met before the initial battle ever began is when the Greeks were warned that the Persian arrows would be so thick they would pluck the eye out of the sun and then the Greek reply was ....... Then we will fight in the shade  
biggrin.gif

Again , as i recall  
smile.gif

The Greeks were cool though in away . When they spoke in their usual Laconic style , there was just no BS about it . They would not be pushed around .

Good action though . I'll watch it again when available on DVD rental .

Back