My review of the movie 300

(moondog @ Mar. 13 2007,15:45) well, now I'm even going to see the movie. Not because of this thread, though...... I'm going to see the movie because it pissed the Iranians off. Must be good AND factual.....
wink.gif
I pissed the Iranians off also!!!!!!!!!! SCHWEEEEEEEET!!!

Oh wait.. not because of this thread...

Did you really hear it pissed off the Iranian's?

<span style='color:orange'>Im new here, Busas on the way to the house
biggrin.gif

Newho, great movie i want to see it again!</span>

(HAYA!Busa @ Mar. 13 2007,17:13) <span style='color:orange'>Im new here, Busas on the way to the house  
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board..

Yeah.. I want to see it again.. cant wait for it to come out on video.

In the meantime I ordered the 1962 version of the film that someone posted. and I also orderd two DVD's from the history channel

I have NEVER gave a rats you know what about history.. but this battle for some reason or another intrigues me..

I also never knew how tough Spartans were, and how they were raised.. the history channel described how from birth only the strong are allowed to live.. WOW... they were some tought people...

Now I am hooked.. lol

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 12 2007,23:43)
(Wag @ Mar. 12 2007,20:51) Braveheart and Gladiator were great movies. 300 kicked their asses, to be sure!

Much more drama, better story, better ending, you name it. Better directing, better production, too.

Thanks for the post up, T-Fox.

--Wag--
LOL! Ok... if you think 300 was better than Gladiator or Braveheart then we're just in different 'movie worlds'. Both Gladiator and Braveheart won Best Picture Oscars (something 300 won't even get a nomination for) and actually have a story. 300 has no story... just a scenario.

Here's a good review of 300 that pretty much sums up things I've said about it. Maybe after reading it you'll see what I mean. 300 has scenes that just take up space and don't push it along. http://www.canmag.com/nw/6996-300-movie-review

Again, I liked 300... but it's nothing compared Braveheart when it comes to comparing 'great films'. Comparing 300 to Braveheart is like comparing The Last Starfighter to Star Wars.... or Firewalker to Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Sooooo, your opinion differs from mine.

Cool!

Have a great time at the next movie you don't like as much as I liked it!

--Wag--

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 13 2007,22:25)
(HAYA!Busa @ Mar. 13 2007,17:13) <span style='color:orange'>Im new here, Busas on the way to the house  
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board..

Yeah.. I want to see it again.. cant wait for it to come out on video.

In the meantime I ordered the 1962 version of the film that someone posted. and I also orderd two DVD's from the history channel

I have NEVER gave a rats you know what about history.. but this battle for some reason or another intrigues me..

I also never knew how tough Spartans were, and how they were raised.. the history channel described how from birth only the strong are allowed to live.. WOW... they were some tought people...

Now I am hooked.. lol
Yea I was just trying to remember what little bit I remembered from school and that alone made it every bit more interesting for me... so i guess that puts me in the lacking intelligence catagory for liking the movie  
biggrin.gif
oh well i suppose  
iamwithstupid.gif
with everyone else who posted on this!

biggrin.gif

I just had to give this thread a bump because DOT gave his thread a bump because of a comment made by Shanling in a totally irrelevant thread lol

smileyexhibit.gif

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 17 2007,12:41) I just had to give this thread a bump because DOT gave his thread a bump because of a comment made by Shanling in a totally irrelevant thread lol

smileyexhibit.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 17 2007,07:48)
(thrasherfox @ Mar. 17 2007,12:41) I just had to give this thread a bump because DOT gave his thread a bump because of a comment made by Shanling in a totally irrelevant thread  lol

smileyexhibit.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif
WOULD YOU GUYS LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS?
rock.gif

GEEEE!!!
ices_rofl.gif
rolleyes_extreme.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Didn't want to read this thread till after I saw the movie because I read Panda's thread and it made me wanna pass up the movie. Went and saw it last night, and glad I did. I loved Braveheart but this movie was by far a better movie. Didn't do any reading up before I went to see it, but I have had previous education concerning the Spartans, etc.(History buff) I thought it was as accurate as Hollywood could make it. Sure some things weren't exact but same goes for Braveheart others. If there was a movie that was exactly accurate, it wouldn't make any money, no one would want to see it. Anyways, great movie. Loved it, will buy it on DVD.

Great write up Ron.
super.gif
And a fee bump for yer thread
beerchug.gif

(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 17 2007,11:49) Didn't want to read this thread till after I saw the movie because I read Panda's thread and it made me wanna pass up the movie. Went and saw it last night, and glad I did. I loved Braveheart but this movie was by far a better movie. Didn't do any reading up before I went to see it, but I have had previous education concerning the Spartans, etc.(History buff) I thought it was as accurate as Hollywood could make it. Sure some things weren't exact but same goes for Braveheart others. If there was a movie that was exactly accurate, it wouldn't make any money, no one would want to see it. Anyways, great movie. Loved it, will buy it on DVD.

Great write up Ron.
super.gif
And a fee bump for yer thread
beerchug.gif
You wanting to pass up the movie because of Panda's thread was pretty much the primary reason I started a seperate thread.

I did not feel his review of the movie was going to be how most people felt after actually seeing it.

And I knew his comments were probably going to turn some people off and wait for it to come out on DVD

I had done that a few times in the past. Didn't watch a movie on the big screen because of someones bad reviews. then I saw it on DVD and wished I HAD seen it when it was in the theaters.

Of course there were things in the movie that were far reaching.. (I wont mention specifics because I don't want to ruin it for anyone). But it was a movie, there had to be some kind of sensationalism.

But I felt the meat of the movie was based on facts. even though the movie is named "300" it still showed in the movie how they were joined by others from Greece . which is historical fact.

Anyway.. I honestly felt it was one of those movies that was well worth the money to watch it at the show. yeah, not everyone is going to like it.. but so far most of the people that I have talked to or heard from that have seen the movie has liked it.. I think Panda and maybe one or two others were luke warm about it while over 30 or more people I have heard from said they thought it was a really good movie. (no one said they didn't like it, even Panda said it was ok, he just wasn't fired up about it).

This is one of the few movies I am anxious for its release on DVD..

Had to bump my own thread. This thread has been around for WEEKS!! and only has three pages.

Michelle's thread has been around for half a day and it has FOUR pages!!!

I feel discriminated against!!!
sad.gif

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 19 2007,15:22) Had to bump my own thread. This thread has been around for WEEKS!! and only has three pages.

Michelle's thread has been around for half a day and it has FOUR pages!!!

I feel discriminated against!!!  
sad.gif
Dude! It's because MY THREAD HAS PICS!!! Jeez, you know the rules LOL

Jealous guy...
tounge.gif

I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself today...not sure if you know this, but I saw the movie "300" Saturday night and I haven't been the same since
laugh.gif

Forgive me for I know not what I do...or something like that...
all_coholic.gif

Your right! hardly ANY pics of the women in the movie!!! I feel sexually discriminated against!!!

20070313_083401_4042.jpg

Saw it last weekend, best Movie I have seen in years! Maybe Last Samurai is tied with it.

super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back