Mr Bear

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
During our trek back from GMBusa's place in Virginia, we stopped for gas at a small town in Ohio. I'm at the pump, filling the bike and taking extra care not to spill any on the paint, I hear my wife Debbie walking over having a conversation with someone. I look up and a gentleman that introduces himself as Mr Bear compliments me on the bike and says he has owned two of them. "In fact"￾, he goes on, "I've been looking for another one"￾. I know where this conversation will go, and Debbie quickly speaks up and tells him we have another one, which is for sale. I had a plan in the works to convert the '05 to a touring bike, but hadn't approached her about it yet, mostly because of a lack of courage LOL. Mr Bear asks me what we're looking to get, I shoot him a healthy price, which I figure will keep my undercover plan intact. He asked for our number, so Deb wrote my name and number on the back of the tiny gas receipt, and after a handshake we were on out way. I couldn't help but think blah, blah, blah, but actually he did seem very sincere in his interest. He impressed us enough that Deb and I discussed him a couple of times since we got home.

Fast forward to Saturday morning, the phone rings, and it's Mr Bear. He starts out "You may not remember me, but we spoke about your Hayabusa....he goes on to tell me that he was impressed with how we were dressed (full gear), the condition of the bike (all credit goes to GMBusa), and how we conducted ourselves. Anyway, he goes on to agree on the before mentioned amount. An hour later the bike was in the back of the pick up. He lives in Pittsburgh, PA, and we agreed on a meeting place that was close to half way, Indianapolis. On the way there, all sorts of scenarios ran through my head, he shows up with a gun, he doesn't show up at all, etc., but all my life I've flown by my instincts and my judge of character, and I felt good about it. In the end, Mr Bear is legit and a great guy to boot, and I'm pretty sure I've made a great new friend. He told me he had the same reservations, but he felt I would show up too. We both went out a precarious limbs, trusted each other, neither disappointed, and that's a great start on a friendship. That bad news, of course, is that my baby, 05 red & black is gone
sad.gif
, though I truly feel it's to a good home.

Indianapolis? You should have told some of us locals you were coming here! We would have given you back up if nothing else. Would have been nice to meet some more org members. In fact, if you would have asked nicely, I bet 99'busa would have shared one of his LEO hugs with you! According to local law enforcement, you missed out!

Paul - it's good to hear that there are truly honest folks out there! I'm glad that all went well and hopefully, we'll see him on the .oRg?

I know it was tough letting go of your '05, but it sounds like it went to a good home!

So, do we need to change your screen-name now?
laugh.gif

Shanling, it was all so last second and rushed, I didn't even have time to turn the computer on. Deb was ready to hit the road, if you know what I mean. Omar, I thought the same thing about the board name, but what the heck, I'm confusing enough as it is... Thanks Cerberus
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear that all worked out
smile.gif

Hopefully Mr Bear will show up here and share his experiences with us
coolold.gif

Back