this will one day have some BEARING

I have had Suzi, Kawi and Yamahahaha wheel bearing out and they all only seal the outside.

Gotta save that .02!

I'm getting ready to re-install some bearings either today or tomorrow , and thought I should mention that whenever I install new bearings I always pop out the seals, clean out that shiddy factory grease , and put in good lube. Only fill yer bearing up about half way thou , jamming it full will cause the seal to pop out once a little pressure builds up.

hav a good 1.....RSD.

didnt know they got that bad. i bet mine needs to be changed because i get a lot of corrosion type shid on my bike. i went to the dealership and got the part numbers if anyone is interested. thanks rubbah i just have to find a bearing shop now. im gonna change them with my wheels

my friend that has done alot of wera raceing uses a heat gun on the rim and puts the bearings in the freezer and it just kinnda drops in saw him do it once and was quite impressed

my friend that has done alot of wera raceing uses a heat gun on the rim and puts the bearings in the freezer and it just kinnda drops in saw him do it once and was quite impressed
yup, that works...heating the wheel expands the hole the bearing is gonna drop into...

what I dont like is the the freezer part.

The thing we are trying to avoid is MOISTURE.

Why subject the bearing to moisture if its not nessecary.

Temperature changes cause condensation/moisture.

Why do it to 'em(the new bearings), if ya dont have too.

Rubber, Just like on the snow machines.(replacing bearings is an every week occurance)
If it rolls it will need replacing. right grasshopper ?
TD !!!!!!! Down.

I can see your apprehension on the freezer part RSD. We use the dissimilar temp routine on a lot of aircraft assemblies, even on turbine engines, and will generally use CO2 or liquid nitrogen to negate contamination.

The big problem though for anyone who has never played with doing an assembly using the heat one part, cool the other part, and shove them together. You need to realize that you have a very very small window of time to assemble those parts and if you get it wrong, well, in the words of my dear granny, you are fugged....

If you are enjoying doing your own wrenching, or do it to save the dough, a small press from harbor freight will not set you back all that much. Just make sure you go slow, lube it, and start it straight.

Ok I will go back to enjoying that beer, Mr. Side-Down, continue on.

Back