Rear wheel bearings

R4V3N

Registered
Hi all

I am in the middle of replacing my chain and sprockets and stupidly thought it was a good idea to replace the rear wheel bearings whilst its off.

I ordered rear wheel bearing kit from ebay and it seems that the kit is for inner bearings (sealed type) and a grease seal only ???

So does the busa have 4 bearings in the rear wheel (looks like it)

&

I've tried looking for just the outer bearings (open type) on ebay but with no joy :banghead:

Can someone tell me the bearing part number/ bearing size for the outer so I can buy them from a bearing company

Also how in the hell do you get the bearings out of the disc/rotor side?:oops:

Thanks

In my service manual it show 3 bearings - 2 on the sprocket side and 1 on the disc side.

I believe you need a bearing puller to remove them.

This info is for a Gen I - I don't know if the Gen II are different.

Don't forget if you removed the dust seals etc. you will need to replace those too.

What year is your bike?

Gen 2s have a bearing in the hub carrier and one on each side of the wheel for a total of three. Sorry, don't know the part numbers. You should look them up on bike bandit or another parts site I'm pretty sure they are all the same part.

I looked (sorry didn't write them down) and there were 2 that were the same.
On the sprocket side there are two different ones and one of those 2 are used on the rotor side for a total of 3.

Being that the OP is in the UK I assume that a dealer over there may be their best option.

The OP also said they wanted to buy them from a bearing company.
Because they will also need the seals and maybe a bearing puller (could get that elsewhere) the dealer may be the better option.

Hopefully the OP will let us know how this all turns out and what exactly was needed to complete this job.

go to p. 462-onwards of the service manual for details/pictures, etc.

thanks for your help guys - i guess the next thing... is to buy a bearing puller

did you guys want me to document this procedure for the site/others?

i have a 2001 busa - i should upload some pics of it really..esp at night with the leds:laugh:

Did not know you have a Gen 1 (reference I gave was for a Gen 2). A DIY tutorial specially with pictures is always appreciated :)

Back