smoked by a mazda rx8

dude, you encountered a "sleeper"...this guy spent no money on body kits or neon lights
laugh.gif
....1 of my boyz that goes to UTI ova here in orlando has a 3rd gen RX7 with a built LS1 vette motor and tranny...only outside mod is rims and dual exhaust...he ran 10.2 at 128 with a 75 shot last weekend at the Orlando track...i luv cars like that

That little 8 may have something like this (twin turbos) under the hood (plus the stock traction and stability control allowing him to just concentrate on getting the rotay in its sweet spot):

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

That little 8 may have something like this (twin turbos) under the hood (plus the stock traction and stability control allowing him to just concentrate on getting the rotay in its sweet spot):

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
wowold.gif
dude is that your rx8? that is clean.

that car had to have had 750 hp to do that..... and weight taken out.
I had a 99z28 with a 200 shot 615hp on the juice and would walk 600s and 750s like I stole something.... but it takes hella power to smoke a busa ESPECIALLY from a roll!

stop racing on the streets.
+1

and is anyone even vaguely aware of how many cars that are out there that will out run a Busa? I have watched dozens of street cars on any given Wednesday night at the track that flat haul the mail and sport license plates...

Many are little turbo charged jap cars that must be pumping a lot of boost.. Fast and furious has a big following..

I had a emerald green RX-8 a couple years ago.  The car handles like a surgeons scaple, BUT THEY ARE NOT FAST!!  I am really suprised to hear your story, even if you had a bad gear choice.  I wonder if there was more under the hood.
gotta agree with Mega n Lazyboy-those RX-8s are corner-carvers, NOT hp monsters! i think Revlis had one for a min. too-he'll tell ya there's NO WAY that car can hang with a Busa in ANY gear!

I blew the doors off a few on the interstate with my wife's 300SRT8, and I can walk off n LEAVE her car on my bike without even trying hard, so its pretty clear you needed to drop more gears, or just ignore the poof-head n be on your merry way
cool.gif

I'm with Aceshigh. I don't care what's under rx's hood. At 75 it should take you about 3.7523 seconds to get to 130. You either had the Mode set to "C" or this was a bad dream!
firedevil.gif

Well one thing, he may be in for a surprise when he jumps on the next Busa.
thumb_up.gif

I have never had the opportunity to do this before so I probably made a rookie mistake somewhere that allowed this to happen. Im thinking I should have started in 3rd or even second so I could have had the rpms up higher so he would not have gotten the jump on me.......Or am i missing something....

Oh and Yes I know that I should not have done it to begin with and yes it was stupid and dumb and blah blah blah. I know. I had a retarded moment but the question is what went wrong if anything...?

Use 3rd. I learnt that the hard way too!!!

stop racing on the streets.
+1

and is anyone even vaguely aware of how many cars that are out there that will out run a Busa? I have watched dozens of street cars on any given Wednesday night at the track that flat haul the mail and sport license plates...

Many are little turbo charged jap cars that must be pumping a lot of boost.. Fast and furious has a big following..
True but they are still a very small percentage of the total population out there. It's really more along the lines of being vaguely aware of how many busa and sportbike riders in general DON'T know how to use the potential of their bike. Not everyone can do 10's and 9's on these bikes and get limp wristed in runs beyond 150mph. Power shifting is still alien to most let along doing it in the meat of your bikes overall powerband. Cornering? Plenty of car and bike mags showing even the most exotic and tuned cars out there getting beat on various road courses by stock sportbikes anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds in laptime difference. On the road with us mortals however, it's Easy for any lardass in a viper to zip through curves fairly quick. Not many know how to corner a bike even half way decent. However most riders just need one slow traffic car (let along 4 or 5) to zip around and just about any exotic/tuned car out there is only gonna be able to slow down and watch the bike leave...unless they really want to get into a head on collision with something that day.

The nickslick/fulltilt videos pretty much showed what happens when monster tuned cars go against stock/light modded bikes as well as tuned 2 wheeled monsters with riders THAT CAN RIDE. These 800-1000rwhp cars that have videos all over the net of them leaving t-shirt and shorts riding squids on busa's and literbikes behind from the word go suddenly have a piped 1000 or busa staying ahead or alongside them on their door up to 170mph from a 70mph roll on. Modded bikes absolutely crush them. The car guys are simply awestruck with some to the point of thinking the race was rigged that the stock/light modded bikes are able to run so well with better riders on them compared to the weekend road squids they encountered and filmed.

Should peep out the latest cycle world that had the latest bikes doing the 0-180mph boogie against hennessy's tuned Ford GT1000. Car had boost controller problems so had it's power turned down from 950+ to 750+hp. Car did a impressive top speed of 220mph and when running better in a do over did 235mph (noonans busa was there and looked to do 250plus but a detonation issue had him at just one run and the GPS puked so nothing official was recorded there). Thing is this car got pwned in 0-180mph and in between runs by the other bikes. Car did it in 20.68 seconds. New busa did it in 18.25 sec. The kawi zx-10 was king though with 0-180mph run in 17.21 sec! All bikes were Stone stock compared to the $230,000 boosted supercar.

I could care less about any roll on contests really though. Big deal if a car outdoes me in the 1/4 mile or 70-180mph. I'm like the guys in tokyo. Run isn't done until somebody is left wayyyy behind. These cars usually see a garage alot and don't hold together well after a weekend of random sprints to 180-200mph. Holding such a car at those speeds for long doesn't always agree with engine parts and compression either. My bike can do repeated pulls to 180mph and stay at that speed until the tank runs dry traffic permittng which is actually something I slip around and between very well. Haven't met a car that can lanesplit like a bike yet no matter it's power.
laugh.gif

I'm not being reckless mind you. Yes i'll do a run now and then if things are deserted and safe but it's EXTREMELY Rare and I otherwise grown out of the street racing/crazy stuff. I'm Just keeping some idiot who thinks he's a pro in a hot car away from me. If i can keep them at distance and let them go on, kewl. I see them coming up, one way or the other they're gonna be put at a distance even if I have to start immitating Ghost Rider lane splitting. Honestly your safer doing such a thing then trusting some dweeb you have no clue about in a car that may have more power then it and it's tires were designed for get all 4000ibs of themself up and close with you.

Example? Take a look at this "ace" spinning out a Viper venom 1000 on what looks like a nice and clean track/strip. Almost takes out a parked ford Gt in the process: http://videos.streetfire.net/video....129a54c

Imagine having the same thing happen with this street schumacher Alongside your leg/bike. Don't even waste time with these guys. Bikes have proven to be faster all around in terms of street applications anyways. Ya encounter yahoo's like this, let 'em go or leave them behind and let the cops reward their tuning effort. Enjoy being just as fast with less maintainance cost and better milege.
laugh.gif

Here goes. I was on the on ramp coming up behind an rx8. he sees me coming up and speeds up. as we enter the highway he is blowing blue smoke out the pipe throwing gears to stay just ahead of me. We slow down because of traffic but when a clearing and straight area comes up, i drop down to fourth and give the thumbs up and we take off.

We were doing about 75 when we started. He dusted me and I had the throttle twisted all the way. He pulled ahead about 3 lengths but as I passed about 10k rpms I shifted into 5th and he stopped pulling ahead. We went for just a few more seconds in 5th but shut it down because of traffic. I think we were doing about 130 about that point.

Now, If we had more room i think i would have reeled him in before I got to 6th and passed him. But what is really getting my goat is that he passed me any way. I would have thought that no matter what gear I should have been able to match and beat him on a roll on. Especially with the gear change I had done.

So im a little embarrassed about the whole thing. He was cool about it and gave me the thumbs up at the end and he hit the off ramp but he is probably tellin his buds he smoked a busa....

I have never had the opportunity to do this before so I probably made a rookie mistake somewhere that allowed this to happen. Im thinking I should have started in 3rd or even second so I could have had the rpms up higher so he would not have gotten the jump on me.......Or am i missing something....

Oh and Yes I know that I should not have done it to begin with and yes it was stupid and dumb and blah blah blah. I know. I had a retarded moment but the question is what went wrong if anything...?
banghead.gif
and WHEN was the last time you tuned your motor
rock.gif
, i.e. plugs, oil, throttles, air filter........even with stock exhaust, it should have been "Where'd the RX8 GOOOOOOoooooooo...."...
super.gif

I had a guy in a Z06 try and race me, and I left him like he was standing still, you shouldn't have had any problem with an RX late, I mean 8.
thumb_up.gif

Repeat after me.... "I will not race on the streets, I will not race on the streets!" Now, get back out there and redeem yourself!
beerchug.gif

No only joking, I'd say you just came up against a sleeper turbo or big shot of nitrous!

RX8's run like high 14 or 15 stock and there motors are no were near the old rx7's they are made so much diff they cant hold alot of boost or nitrous so that car was well modded very well modded. You were just playing around So I would not think twice about it you would have beat him if you dropped it to 2nd but I give props to the car for holding his own from a roll with a busa in 4th gear nice there will always be next time!

My sister wants to race you in her Tiburon.................. She'll spot u 2 lengths...j/k

Definitely not a stock Rx8

Back