smoked by a mazda rx8

Looking at this from the all-important HP angle, a stock Busa with YOUR gearing would develop ~120 HP at 6,600 RPM and 75 MPH in 3rd gear.

But you did the equivalent of pulling off 1 plug wire, because at 75 MPH in 4th, you were spinning only ~5,500 RPM and ~90-95 HP.

You started a race in a 150 MPH max. gear, while 3rd would have taken you all the way to ~125. This is for gearing of -1,+2.

I've been surfing the RX forums looking for a guy Bragging about dusting a Busa.
So far no luck, but I'm sure he's out there.
laugh.gif
The forum I read (RX8Club.com) does not condone steet racing.
whistling.gif

What a crazy thread... fun to read though. Here are my GPS readings from awhile back with stock gearing . 83 in 1st-104-2nd-129 in 3rd-150 in forth-176 in 5th all done on the revlimiter even though i have tried to redline 6th it hasn't happend.. too high an altitude around here....careful out there gang and that goes for me too.
firedevil.gif

I was on 675 north just off 35. 2nd gear was the key here. I wish I had known for sure what he had. I just feel like 4th was ok and boy was it NOT! Like I said before, he was eager to go head to head and that may been because he was juicing. Again the was my first time so Im a virgin. Was... didnt get the benifit of a reach around...lol
heading southbound or northbound because if you are heading north that is a nice straight away to crank it to see what she got. there is another one by the wilmington pike exit pretty flat and little traffic. 675 is a speed heaven for motorcycles.

Not unheard fo bro, I have an Rx8 and they ARE very fast dude, trust me on that one
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

What a crazy thread... fun to read though. Here are my GPS readings from awhile back with stock gearing . 83 in 1st-104-2nd-129 in 3rd-150 in forth-176 in 5th all done on the revlimiter even though i have tried to redline 6th it hasn't happend.. too high an altitude around here....careful out there gang and that goes for me too.
firedevil.gif
thumb_up.gif

I don't have a GPS, but your findings are very consistent with what I have seen as far as indicated speed on my speedo...
beerchug.gif

One of the local "racers" here in my town has a 94 rx-7 thats nuts. Last yr he raced a 06 gixxer 1k and beat it by a couple car lenghts. not sure whats done to it but it sounds bad ass and all i know it has a T78 turbo on it.

Back