The guy my mom married is an idiot

And why have you not challenged him to a race? I think you need to schedule some track time to put him in his place. But you can do it in an ever so devious manner.

In front of mom, say "replacement dad" you wanna hit the track? I wanna see how fast that beast really is! One of two things will happen, he will back down from the bragging or he will take you up on the offer. Either outcome is a victory. ;)

Lots of people talk like that and I usually let them just continue and move on. A little more difficult since he's married to your mother, but I still wouldn't waste any breath trying to prove his ignorance.

Be a sport and give him 10 bike lenghts. Dont want to make him cry or anything.

(( Or do we )) :whistle:

In the Navy he is what we call a One-Upper. Just another name for the guy who has done everything better. You could tell him that you beat Gears of War 2 on Insane level and will tell you he did it with a Call of Duty character using nothing but one hand grenade while blindfolded.....But if you do race him, let him know you will race him and never shift past 4th gear....maybe that is still a little unfair....and let him know he can do it blindfolded.

I like ot think of it as his full throttle is like our 1/8 throttle maybe you should let him ride the Busa once that may just shut him up He may realize the hump is there to keep you on the bike during a real launch. :rofl:

Bad advice, cause then you'll have to clean off your seat~!~ :bowdown: :laugh:

Sweet Tea Man,
Not to change the direction of this in any way, but please try to talk your mom into ditching that half (clamshell) lid man... My brother in law wrecked his cruiser while wearing one of those and the doc said he might as well have not even had anything on...the helmet was worthless...it's been over a year now and he is still not 100%---suffered a massive brain injury---he was estimated at doing around 45/50 mph but when he left the road the bike launched him into the air and he came down on his head and that type of helmet did little to no good about protecting his brain...work on her man because seeing all he has been through, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy...just my .02 cents

Sweet Tea Man,
Not to change the direction of this in any way, but please try to talk your mom into ditching that half (clamshell) lid man... My brother in law wrecked his cruiser while wearing one of those and the doc said he might as well have not even had anything on...the helmet was worthless...it's been over a year now and he is still not 100%---suffered a massive brain injury---he was estimated at doing around 45/50 mph but when he left the road the bike launched him into the air and he came down on his head and that type of helmet did little to no good about protecting his brain...work on her man because seeing all he has been through, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy...just my .02 cents

+1 on getting mom into better gear.
+1 on getting mom into acceptable gear.

+1 on getting mom into better gear.
+1 on getting mom into acceptable gear.

Thanks Lamb.... It happened about 500 yards up from my house...I was the
2nd one to get on the scene...Not good realizing that's your family when you come up on the scene---- I have already been down once but was okay because of my jacket and full face... I wear it all too...freakin' hot during the summer but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to put up with cosidering the alternative:beerchug:

LOL he's what we call a "topper"

you drank a 12 pack...he drank a case
you caught a 5lb fish... he caught a 7lb fish

...my condolences

Or a One-upper...

Seriously though, I was expecting you to tell us he had some real defect that could be immediately harmful to your mother.. As long as she is happy, I wouldn't stir the pot. Honestly, I would giggle everytime he did the old "my sh!ds the best" routine so he at least has an idea about how it sounds.

Have you ever ridden one of the Vulcan 2000s? Hahahahaha. :rofl: I have. I have a good friend with one and we'll switch out on a ride every now and then for a few miles. His even has a few mods. Those things are heavy and VERY slow. He's not taking out any M109s either, for the record! That thing weighs over half a ton with a rider on it! A quick google search shows corrected 1/4-mile: 12.43 sec., 104.3 mph for the 2000 and about 11.6 for a M109 if I remember.

I had a one-upper friend go out in a group with my friends once with a M109 and kept trying to get me to race him, but he's a terrible rider and we were with with a relaxed riding group so, so I just had to grit my teeth and listen to him jabber all day. Had I raced him, I just would have ended up in Doucheville with him in the eyes of the rest of the group.

Way to tough it out (by not saying anything), but if you ever get the chance to go side-by-side with him I say you take it and don't say a word. Distant tail-lights is the only thing he'll understand.

my favorite thing to do is grab the front brake give the rear a spin and rev the engine and when the light turns green and the cage or other bike wants to run i just slowly creap across the road, while they burn out and make huge ass's of themselve tearin down the road...one time while I was still sittin at a light the car next to me fast forwards right into a car pulling out from a grocery store about 25 feet from the light...
:rofl:

my favorite thing to do is grab the front brake give the rear a spin and rev the engine and when the light turns green and the cage or other bike wants to run i just slowly creap across the road, while they burn out and make huge ass's of themselve tearin down the road...one time while I was still sittin at a light the car next to me fast forwards right into a car pulling out from a grocery store about 25 feet from the light...
:rofl:

The fake-out race, I love it. :laugh: What a moron racing in front of a grocery store.

I work in an office with a couple of salesmen so I know all about one-uppers. The BS is piled so high around here sometimes that you gotta wear goggles! Usually they will BS about pretty much anything hoping that you won't be too knowledgeable on the subject so they won't get caught making shiite up. Once you catch them though it usually shuts them up in a big hurry and they either change the subject or turn heal and head off with their tale between their legs! In this case I think you should wait for him to be riding along beside you and then crack it. He will get an eyefull about what fast really is and it will likely shut him up on the subject for good.

Back