maybe goodbye my friends

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
seriously- i don't know 4 sure. as you can see i'm 60 years old and not in real good shape. the busa is the most awesome, powerful bike i've ever rode and i've been riding for well over 40 years. i am not a sport bike rider (come from harley world). i know i don't ride the busa to 1/2 it's potential. i hate to admit this but a much better younger in shape rider beat me to the top of cheaha mt on an 1100 yamaha maxim! that's embarassing. i can go like hell in a straight line but when i get above 130 i start backing off. guess i'm just getting old- i don't even like fast cars anymore. was thinking of selling the busa & getting a softail for my 2 wheeler. i still have the electraglide w/sidecar for touring. but i met some wonderful people here and good friends. we shall see. i think i'm giving her away but i don't want the harley shop to get her on trade.

fallbash011.jpg

jet li & me @ fall bash

You do what is right for you man but you know that no matter what you ride you are always welcome here at the board. We are not biased against any other bikes just as long as you ride what makes you happy. That is the great thing about this site.

Really.... I don't ride mine to the potential either but I'll be damned if I am gonna get rid of either one of my bikes. Just because you don't ride like a squid anymore doesn't mean you're not a Busa Brother.

Do what ya gotta do but I was lookin forward to meeting up with you one day

My friend you must do what is right for you but you don't have to leave just
cuz you sold the bike. People here are like family and as long as you share
a passion for two wheels and life you are welcome with open arms.
thumb_up.gif

You will always be a part of this site no matter what you own, Take care of yourself !
thumb_up.gif

George, you listen up, Dude!
pissed.gif

If the Busa is not for you, then don't worry man. Ride what you want, you are always welcome here and at the Bash, Brutha!

As far as riding the Busa to it's potential, I do not do that either! I just like the bike and love "tryin" to ride it like I deserve to be on it!

Even if you get rid of her and get the soft tail, you should still make your way up for the Bash. I for one, will miss ya if you are not their. Just bring you and two wheels, man!

Probably less than a handful here actually do ride the Busa to it's fullest. I vote keep her for occasions.
thumb_up.gif

hey man i havent got to know you yet but stick around..if you havent noticed 90% of these topics have nothing to do with a busa...its a bunch of folks with a love for the fastest bike in the galaxy
cool.gif

besides if you leave you'll slip into a deep depretion and that would not be good at your age
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

Probably less than a handful here actually do ride the Busa to it's fullest. I vote keep her for occasions.  
thumb_up.gif
That must be one of the saddest posts I've read. It sounds as though you're almost embarassed. Please don't be. No one here is judging you because you didn't make it to the summit first. Anyone anywhere who does judge you by that measuring stick is pathetic, tragic, insecure.

That said, I heartily agree on the 'handful' perspective. Fact is, there aren't many places where you can legally ride the 'busa to it's potential, anyway.

Do what's right in your heart, friend. We won't judge you, regardless.

But keep in mind, this is a family and you are not excused from the table. No maybe goodbye's nothing.

tounge.gif

Staying in shape, eating the right foods and hormone replacement will get part of your youth back. Sixty isn't old if you really take care of your self. Take martial arts, play racket ball etc. to get your reflexes back. I always look to Jack La lane for inspiration.

George, I know what your saying. I turn 58 in a few months and although I hold my own, I don't try and push myself on the busa. I ride my own ride, and I find I enjoy my busa more and more everytime I get on it. If I get where I can't ride the busa anymore I think my riding days will be over. You do what you need to do and we will support you. We just hope you will continue to be part of this awesome family of ours, whatever you ride. However, don't sell your busa just because your not the fastest and can't ride the bike to it's potential. Heck. few of us can. Take care my brother, I wish you the best whatever  you do.
beerchug.gif

Yeah bro, don't leave the org just because you sell the busa. If its not for you anymore, then so be it. But don't leave us just because of bike choice.

He11, i don't even have my first streetbike yet. But everyone here is like family to me.
beerchug.gif

Stick around no matter what choice in bike you have brother, you're still the same person no matter what's between your legs on the highway.
thumb_up.gif

I would say do what makes YOU happy....I think you need to look at why you ride, to be on two wheels, feel the air around you, peace at mind, simply relaxing, to name a few.
You said you can ride a HD, Thats fine, no judgement here, two wheels is two wheels. My concern is that you feel riding the busa requires a certain skill or talent, or that there is an age limit !!!
Well lets change the subject to cars, I guess theres an age limit or skill requirement to owning a corvette, mustang, viper, or lets change it again and say Golf...(not that I play) but maybe you can't hit the ball as far today as you did 20yrs ago...but the reason you keep playin? you enjoy the game !! You enjoy the car, or you in your case you enjoy the BUSA....
Just because a squid did what he did. You probably get more comments or respect for riding a busa than you think. Riding it proudly means more, than riding it fast...
bowdown.gif

Shortcut we all have to do what is right for us. I am also 60 but still love the Busa. In fact I traded my 05 for an all Black 07. The Busa is the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision yet. I know we all will at some point, but; I hope that decision isn't mine to make for a long time. Best of luck to you, and enjoy what ever you decide to ride.

I get the pleasure from time to time of riding with a guy that is 73 years old and still rides a busa. He likes to tell people its the last year with out restrictions. I am always honored to ride behind beside in front as long as he is with us its great. He doesnt ride as much as he would like to, but when he is able to go we all go. Do whats rite for you, but think about Joe if you decide to sell. I vote you keep the busa, cant miss it if you dont sell it!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

George, it was a real pleasure meeting you at the fall bash. I hope what ever choice you make, you will continue to call the Org home. Very few can ride a modern sportbike to its full potential. We all ride our own ride. No competion on the street. Please try to make the bash and join your friends around the campfire at the Phillips motel. Its not what you ride that matters. Hope to see you in the spring !
hello.gif

Back