hello friends

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
hello old friends.don't know how many here remember me. i traded my busa back in feb for a hd softail standard.i am 60 years old long time harley rider in poor health. i bought the busa after triple by-pass surgery last year and rode it for a year. boy it was extreme fun and i met some really great folks on this forum and at the fall bash last year.i sill have my electraglide and i just removed the sidecar so i own 2 harleys now. the electraglide and the new softail.my honest opinion of the busa for me is that it was way too strong for me and my type of riding. also with my physical problems i never felt comfortable with the ergonomics of the busa. don't take any of this wrong- i am not putting down the busa in any way. it was a new world for me and gave me a new perspective of sport bikes and sport bike riders- just not for me as i am laid back 60 mph sightseeing type of old dog that loves motorcycles. i love both of my harleys as they both have different personalities just as the busa had it's own identity and i loved that bike also.anyhow i just wanted to stop in and say hello to you all. i don't participate on the hd forum like i did here- just not the same. y'all be blessed and maybe we'll see you again up at deal's gap my friends.

Glad to see all is well ! Stay in touch!
thumb_up.gif

Stay in touch and keep us posted once in a while.

--Wag--

I remember your last thread about getting it. Glad to see you checking in. No reason not to just cause you got one of them slow bikes
cool.gif

Check out the announcement about your email and the board is gonna be down for 1 wk. Keep in touch.

fallbash011.jpg

Your a prime canidate for a B-King. Much Much better ergo's. Try one out.

Good to see you check in and that all is well. Don't be a stranger.

Fall bash is just 5-6 weeks away. Like to see you there on whatever bike. At 50, I'm love'n the busa, but there are times when I'd like somethine like yours set up with a comfy rear seat for the wife.

Sometimes the riding spirit within me says "take the Harley", but it also says "take the Busa". Lately it calls for the Busa quite a bit, but my H-D will always be a permanent part of my toy collection.

No matter what ya ride, watch out for the idiots in the cages out there.

Hey george ! Glad to see ya checkin in . It doesnt matter to me what you ride ! Glad all is well, and dont be a stranger.

Hey Shortcut! Long time no see. Almost time for the Trail of Tears again. Are you coming over this year? Dinner is on me again!! If you still have my # give me a shout. Take care my friend and I hope to see you again soon!

Your a prime canidate for a B-King.  Much Much better ergo's. Try one out.
ya know- ever since owning the busa sometimes i have a "srirring" in my spirit for another fast motocycle. i still always admire the busa whenever i see one on the road and sometimes i browse the busas on ebay as there are some really good buys out there for Gen.1 busas. i had mine set up real nice for me with the 1.25 genmar risers & the buell footpeg mod.i also had the gipro digital gear indicator w/tre which was real nice to let me know what gear i was in.(that busa had so much power & torque it was hard sometimes to know what gear i was in?) 2nd,3rd,4th.5th it didn't matter cause all i had to do was twist the right hand & it would gooooo!i never knew if the atre part was even functional as i never got close to 186 mph.anyway- i'm selling my HD sidecar and was looking at some bikes on ebay for a third (#3). triumph speed triple,FZ1,honda919,suzuki bandit. never thought about the b-king hmmm. i have thought about another busa set-up like my old one hmmm. a friend is singing praises about the new concours also. i will try to make the fall bash as i had a real good time the last time. i still have my suzuki joe rocket jacket too. must be saving it for something. right?

Hey Shortcut! Long time no see. Almost time for the Trail of Tears again. Are you coming over this year?  Dinner is on me again!! If you still have my # give me a shout. Take care my friend and I hope to see you again soon!
hey bret. yes i am planning to do the trail of tears again this year & i'll be staying in the cabins at joe wheeler. looking forward to seeing you again. i'll be riding up with our ministry and we plan to give out water & bibles at waterloo on saturday. terry & e.j. may be riding up with me also. i'll call & let you know what's going on. did you ever get a chance to visit barber's in leeds? if not- we need to schedule that again too. i owe you a breakfast @ 29 Dreams.lol

Hey Shortcut! Long time no see. Almost time for the Trail of Tears again. Are you coming over this year? Dinner is on me again!! If you still have my # give me a shout. Take care my friend and I hope to see you again soon!
hey bret. yes i am planning to do the trail of tears again this year & i'll be staying in the cabins at joe wheeler. looking forward to seeing you again. i'll be riding up with our ministry and we plan to give out water & bibles at waterloo on saturday. terry & e.j. may be riding up with me also. i'll call & let you know what's going on. did you ever get a chance to visit barber's in leeds? if not- we need to schedule that again too. i owe you a breakfast @ 29 Dreams.lol
No Sir I haven't made it to Barber or 29 Dreams yet. Maybe before the end of riding season I will get a chance. Everything is going crazy around here right now.

Let's definitely get together when you come in for the T.O.T. and try to get Terry and EJ to come along as well. Look forward to seeing you all. If you feel the itch you are more than welcome to take my bike for a spin.

Back