Hello to all my friends

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
It's been a long time since I've posted here. In 2008 I had to retire because of Parkinson's MSA. My last ride was October 27, 2007 and it was a great ride, next to the Bashes' it was the best ride ever and I so enjoyed it. Being a religious person I always prayed on my trips... me and God. During this ride he told me that it would be my LAST ride but that he was with me always. I didn't believe him because I was healthy, was a pilot...had the world by the tail, so I thought.

There wasn't any mods that wasn't done to my Busa except for a turbo, I sure loved to ride and loved that bike and loved going to the Busa Bash! I rode and rode everywhere...like flying God was my co-pilot, always there, especially on my last ride. It was a trip to the Ocoee, up Oswald Dome Rd, twisty and such, beautiful scenery...the trees orange and red from the Falls effects... my last Bash now only a memory.

God was right, the very next month I became ill with this disease, my balance pretty much shot and lots of other things wrong... I would however persevere and the loss of the Busa and my Flying job would finally lessen as the months and years went by. I will never forget my friends though and maybe even a few of you will fondly remember me. I have lost a couple of "you" due to accidents on the Busas' but I remember them well...never forgetting their friendship, never forgetting about the power of the Busa and all that came with it. It was wonderful then...it's still wonderful now.

I have been so blessed in my 61 years that I can't complain but only hope all of you have the same blessings in your lives that I've had in mine. I just wanted to say "Hello" to all of you, most of whom by now I know only in spirit and to say that I'm alive and doing OK... though I miss it terribly at times.

Ride safe on those Busas' and make everyday count, cherish every moment, every memory because there will be a point in your life when you look back and say..."Man, I had it all didn't I !" ....just like me. :)

I am new here, but reading your post makes me want to come get you in my car and head to another BASH...for my first!

Thanks for the share sir...ping me anytime, we could share some stories for sure. I am in McDonald, TN.

I've not been here that long, but love to meet you at the next bash or the one after that. I admire your faith and testimony in God too.:thumbsup:

I remember your post when this started. Very glad your doing well!!

sent from Bama using tapatalk

Bob, I remember you fondly and it's great to see you posting. Don't be such a stranger and give us a heads up every now and again as to how you are doing.

What a great post. We never know what tomorrow will bring so its like you said we must enjoy every day like it was our last. Congrats to you Sir for keeping the faith in God. Don't ever give up. You never know what tomorrow will bring, but tomorrow might be the day you can get back on a busa again. You will be in my prayers.

Hey Bob, we miss you. Everyone still ask me from time to time if I have heard from you, and then we will discuss the good times and rides that we had together. I am glad you posted up, would love to see you again. Not sure of your situation, but I would love to take you to diner sometime and talk about old times. If you still have my # give me a call, would really like to stay in touch with you. I will shoot you a PM with my number just in case. :) Take care my friend. Tim. :)

2007BusaBashSpring 045.jpg

good to see old friends back here and posting.... very happy to see that you have a great attitude and are still kicking...

Good to hear from you. Post up from time to time. I'll be Praying for you too friend!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Bob, I was thinking about you a couple days ago.. A learjet flew over headed north of Mt Eagle .. Glad to hear from you again... I'll PM you.:poke:

Hello Bob, great to see you posting up!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hi Bob! The orginal BoB not that Blonde Busa chick:laugh:

Its good to know you're still around, I am sure many of us would love to see you again and I hope maybe you will give us the chance to soon. Keep your head up, be strong, have faith and know that were here for you...
And:welcome:back learjett:thumbsup::bowdown:

Hello I've never seem you on here before, but like others have said keep in touch, don't be a stranger. Write up about your experiences in the past. Anyway good luck and health for the future. Love Dave.

Never met you, but I remember reading your posts. As they say, don't be a stranger, you have lots of knowledge to share with the younger riders.

Back