Kawi Ninja H2 Sx...

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Wow. They might be onto something. If Suzuki doesn't get this Gen 3 out on the street its going to be DOA!

1busa

Registered
2018-Kawasaki-h2sx-1-2.jpg

It pains me to say it it but...... that's not a bad looking bike. Especially for a Cowasaki :D

If I ride by fast enough people might not even recognize it's a Ninja!!! :race:

c10

Registered
I bet the heat off that thing will make it a winter bike. My bird with cats removed is the coolest temp bike I have owned next to a dr650. I can ride in 100 degrees. The zx11, zx12, Zrx all cooked me and Fjr 1300 was like riding in a oven

Mathewrussell52

Registered
it is putting out 200 hp, which aint chit on a 1000 since most liter bikes put that out normally aspirated.

Better have a monster torque curve. Suzuki better step up for the 20th

After looking at the specs, a stock busa offers way more value for sport touring.. Going to be in the 20k range for sure. 101 foot pounds, yawn. I would stick with a modded 1340

https://rideapart.com/articles/kawasaki-unveils-supercharged-sport-tourer

View attachment 1577303

BB
Everyone don’t forget those numbers are motor numbers not rear wheel.

Sadly I agree on some things but it’s like driving a classic muscle car its faster and cooler than than all the new poop but still missing all the bells and whistles.

04LE

Registered
Guys are forgetting it's 200hp restricted. The h2 with a flash is 225 at the wheels. Add exhaust and tune they are closer to 250 at the wheels (i think).

Mathewrussell52

Registered
Guys are forgetting it's 200hp restricted. The h2 with a flash is 225 at the wheels. Add exhaust and tune they are closer to 250 at the wheels (i think).
From what i read is they up the rev limiter and with SC = more boosts. And looks like they explode easy also. Hopefully they fix that issue with this next gen motor.

04LE

Registered
Yea they aren't as reliable as the Busa with boost. Not sure what the difference is with the h2r vs h2 and why the r can handle the power longer without blowing.

bigjack7679

Registered
18my_ninja_h2_sx_angle_14.jpg

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX

Kawasaki

Yes, long distance is the H2 SX’s aim, but the object of attention is definitely on its supercharged heart. The motor is the very same as the 1,000cc Kawasaki-supercharged unit found in the H2 and H2R, however, it has been significantly revised and “tuned for torque” for the touring category.

18my_ninja_h2_sx_angle_18a_solo.jpg

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX

Kawasaki

First, the supercharger impeller was completely redesigned, as was the intake system. The pistons, cylinder head, cylinder, crankshaft, and camshafts are new, throttle bodies are new, exhaust system is new, and gear ratios were revised. Other than the gear ratios, the six-speed, dog-ring transmission is the same as on the H2.

The result of these changes is an engine that Kawasaki claims is more street friendly, easier to ride, with more rewarding midrange torque and touring-friendly fuel economy, quieter intake sound, and heat management. Initial claims are the H2 SX fuel economy is on par with the Z1000SX and Versys 1000. With a larger 5-gallon fuel tank, the Ninja H2 SX gains improved interstate capabilities.

The electronics suite is a running list of Kawasaki’s best of the best. KTRC, Kawasaki's six-axis traction control system, as found in the ZX-10RR; KIBS, the company's intelligent ABS; engine-braking control; electronic cruise control; three power modes (Low, Middle, Full); KQS, a two-way quickshifter; and the party piece, the KLCM, a launch control mode.

View attachment 1577323
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX

Kawasaki

The 43mm inverted fork is fully adjustable, as is the KYB monoshock. The shock does have a revised Uni-Trak linkage for more feedback when the bike is fully loaded in touring conditions. Brakes are 320mm brake discs, radial-mount front calipers, and a 250mm disc out back. They do not appear to be the Brembos found on the H2.

Additional changes over the H2 are specific for touring as well. The fairing retains the H2 character lines but is rounder, larger, and features a taller windscreen on the top-spec model. All the better to provide better aerodynamics and comfort at speed. The riding position is also slightly relaxed, and the seat is new and optimized for comfort. Although a bit nerdier than the H2, these changes are vital for touring comfort.

View attachment 1577324
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX

Kawasaki

The final big changes are the revised rear trellis frame to support a passenger and the quick-release, twin 7-gallon accessory panniers. Weight with all of these touring changes only adds 19 pounds to the final weight of 495 pounds dry. Pricing has not been announced, but the H2 SX comes in two trims: base and SE guise.

Although the sharpest edges of the H2 have not remained for the H2 SX, its more well-rounded package and supercharged thump should make it appealing for the rider who wants bullet train thrust for their cross-country blitzes. To see how this lines up with the other mega-tourers will be an interesting review to watch.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of our coverage of all the new motorcycles released at EICMA this year!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Kawi fender swap Appearance mods 14
Yellow09 Kawi is working on E Bikes General Bike Related Topics 18
fallenarch Busa vs Kawi H2 SX General Bike Related Topics 77
kitchener rider new kawi h2 Random Thoughts 38
Postal Broken Swing Arm Extension on a Kawi General Bike Related Topics 17
doniton2 I can't believe I bought a Kawi. General Bike Related Topics 11
B Friend went down on '94 Kawi 1100 Accident / Crash Forum 8
doniton2 Kawi needs more acceleration General Bike Related Topics 7
Twobrothersbusa A famous Busa...uh, I mean Kawi aka Flicka! Random Thoughts 7
Sous Need some Kawi help. Random Thoughts 11
NIGHTFLIGHT Harleyvrod vs kawi 6oo 1/4 Mile 8
AJAY Rider report 2007 Kawi ZX10R General Bike Related Topics 9
RaiderDm Kawi can't keep up. Random Thoughts 2
B Busa vs. Kawi anybody ever raced or seen them race??? General Bike Related Topics 34
TXBusa05LE Typical Kawi owner... General Bike Related Topics 12
Lurch Even the Japanese hate Kawi's Random Thoughts 9
Slicksnchicks Turbo Kawi vs car Random Thoughts 4
Samurai-Jim Kawi will strike back General Bike Related Topics 59
busahaya This is what kawi engineers were doing... Random Thoughts 25
Q Stopped by the kawi dealer today. General Bike Related Topics 42
gtrpimp76 Kawi's new fighting words General Bike Related Topics 6
BulletTrain A blingin' kawi 636... General Bike Related Topics 40
S kawi reveals the secret to the zx14 General Bike Related Topics 21
E kawi convert -- mods to look for in Busa Busa problems 9
GMbusa Kawi  ZX1400 General Bike Related Topics 17
The Big Red One Another converted Kawi rider...:p General Bike Related Topics 19
Gixx1300R Kawi missed the Boat,Here\'s why General Discussion 13
O Kawi is delaying General Discussion 9
F Pull over Kawi\'s >> General Discussion 37
c10 A good 13 minute video Ninja H2 SX General Bike Related Topics 2
c10 Happy customer . Ninja 1000 General Bike Related Topics 7
N Going from a Ninja 300 to a Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 33
A On A Ninja 300 General Bike Related Topics 11
Dozerdriver Decided on the 2012 Ninja 1000 for the wife.... General Bike Related Topics 17
Dozerdriver Has anyone ridden or own a 2011/2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000? General Bike Related Topics 19
Mason357 Ninja 250 problems General Bike Related Topics 12
Postal Any old school carb-tuners out there? Need some advice on a Kaw ZX600-C5 Ninja 600R General Bike Related Topics 3
T Kawasaki Ninja vs ABT Audi RS6 on the Autobahn Videos 6
NINJA KILLER Ninja Killer Finally home 2012 Eureka Springs, AR June 1-3 14
MoeMar Bought a Ninja tonight General Bike Related Topics 25
lankeeyankee Bruce Lee high sides his Ninja no helmet short sleeve shirt walks away Videos 10
T Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R vs Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R: Make Love, Not War General Bike Related Topics 34
semi happy b-day NINJA KILLER Random Thoughts 31
doniton2 crf150 vs ninja Videos 6
Mason357 Sold the Ninja General Bike Related Topics 2
wht_scorpion My girl ninja 250 General Bike Related Topics 15
RussellJ Jacksonville Ninja! Random Thoughts 18
omslaw New Video: Part 2 - Busa vs Ninja - Kawasaki vs Suzuki Hayabusa vs ZX14 Videos 0
A Modifications to a 2010 Ninja 250R General Bike Related Topics 100
B The wife said NO to a Ninja........she is spoiled. General Bike Related Topics 22