Kawasaki announces 2006 Ninja ZX-14 Hyberbike

The way they did that wrap-around fin on the fairings reminds me of the last generation pontiacs.  Every car had the plastic on the bottom skirt.  Don't know, just reminds me of that.[/QUOTE]

You read my mind.
smile.gif
 Overall I like the bike except for those stupid looking "pontiac" fins.  Even in the black color scheme they still stick out.  I wonder if that's just a plastic cover that can be replaced with something less tacky looking?

Not sure about the headlights either.  Has a little bit of the family truckster thing going on there....
FAMILY_TRUCKSTER.JPG

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126931899 -->

I think the Front end looks great. The side is ok, but just looks sorta cheap - kinda like the old Ford Probes with the multi-lines on the doors / body kits. The seat is just a big turd. I think they could have skiped the styling design on the rearsets & To Prove that the NEW BUSA is COMMING SOON, just look at the footpegs, I swear Suzuki gave Kawi all the left over Busa Footpegs they wont be needing anymore with the arrival of the new Busa!
biggrin.gif

Looks kinda like a zx10 had sex with a VFR!!

Better looking from different angles though..the front looks like a Toyota Supra!!

But this is good for the sport..keep coming out with lighter and faster stuff is only a good sales/need kind of thinking!!

To Prove that the NEW BUSA is COMMING SOON, just look at the footpegs, I swear Suzuki gave Kawi all the left over Busa Footpegs they wont be needing anymore with the arrival of the new Busa!
biggrin.gif
HEY YEAH!!! What the...???

You're right about those pegs...they are totally busa pegs...Whats up with that??

Overall I like the look of the bike...if its really 200hp/110ftlbs tq then its going to be one mean mofo.

I'm a bit disappointed! Since Suzuki owns Kawasaki I don't think they would dare update both bikes the same year. It would be in their best sales interest to do update one, wait a couple years and then update the other.

My local dealer (Simi Valley Cycles) said last week that he received order forms (for bikes for his stock) for the '06 model sportbikes/standards (GSX-R600/750/1000, Katana, GS, SV, V-Strom, and Bandit) but there was no spot on the order form for '06 'Busa...What's the deal? Suzuki can't decide on the color options? Or....new bike?

BTW...those headlights are hideous, and the aero's don't look so hot either...but maybe it's REALLY fast to 300KMH

tufbusa- Suzuki owns kawasaki? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you retarded? Kawasaki is a MUCH larger and more profitable company than Suzuki!!

Remember, Kawasaki makes watercraft, airplanes, contruction vehiciles, and even has a contract with NASA. Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) is in no way shape or form owned by Suzuki.

Suzuki was making sowing machines when Kawasaki was building parts for japanese warplanes in WW2.

The ONLY thing Kawasaki and Suzuki share is technology on their dirtbikes and other miscellaneous products, NOT THEIR SPORTBIKES let alone their flagships.

If that was the case, it would be SUZUKI that would benefit from the deal being that kawasaki uses far greater technology in their bikes.

Love the bike...I would HATE to be a cager in the mist when this murdah-spidah looking bike pops up in the rear view mirror....growing larger...and larger...and louder...and faster!!

I think it would give some people a heart attack - looks mean as hell
wow.gif

I dont like the seat though - I am sold on the Busa idea of a split seat with the cowl as standard and 2-up seat optional.

If this thing had a cowling for the rear seat - it would look better AND provide added support to the rider to stop him from sliding backwards under accelleration.

wink.gif

All I can say is how many people called the Busa fat cause its wide and long Look how wide that sucker is! I guess kawasaki decided if you can't beat em join em!

that's cool... and everyone is saying it will be faster than the busa and all.. but didn't all the bike companies agree to limit all bikes at 186mph?

and come on, how much faster do you think it will accelerate than the busa...

that's cool... and everyone is saying it will be faster than the busa and all.. but didn't all the bike companies agree to limit all bikes at 186mph?
No.

To the best of my recollection only Suzuki and Kawasaki entered into that agreement because they're the only ones who, at the time, were pushing the 300kph envelope.

And bear in mind that it's only a gentlemen's agreement - nothing carved in stone. At any time either company could de-restrict their machines and probably get away with it for a year, maybe two. Then the Euros would cough up a hairball and once again threaten to legislate top speed.

and come on, how much faster do you think it will accelerate than the busa...[/QUOTE]

Not much I'm afraid. A 53cc 'advantage' doesn't really account for much, especially in a detuned platform. Just looking at the current 1299cc Busa -vs- the 1199cc Kawi demonstrates the point. Here a full 100cc advantage doesn't overcome the more highly tuned Kawi.

I just wonder what sort of mileage it's going to get...

Back