What Would Make The Hayabusa Exciting Again?

Make it just like the artist conception that's going around with a 1500cc or so with vari valve timing and a full electronics with full color console suite.

I’ve been in the Busa game too long to start believing in redesign hype. Frankly the Busa, while we all love them, has its days numbered. This isn’t 2006 during the sportbike craze. It’s an out dated dinosaur in need of a total makeover but I don’t think the market is there to justify one financially.

image.jpeg

I’ve been in the Busa game too long to start believing in redesign hype. Frankly the Busa, while we all love them, has its days numbered. This isn’t 2006 during the sportbike craze. It’s an out dated dinosaur in need of a total makeover but I don’t think the market is there to justify one financially.

What?

It was sold as a Kerker exhaust but it's actually a DG header and 6 into 1 collector with a Kerker race can on it. I prefer the look of cans on each side but it does sound amazing. Attracts police too. I need to rejet the carbs to run these pipes properly though as they're a tad lean for such open pipes.

I don't think you can compare high HP cars to bikes. First, cars have 4 wheels and a significantly larger footprint. Add four wheel drive and cars are nowhere near the limit of control even with 1,000+ hp. Second, cars are inherently much more stable than bikes. If one or even two wheels break lose with a car you still have a means of controlling it. More importantly, when a wheel breaks traction on a car it can be recovered while the other wheels maintain some control. But with a bike, lose the front wheel and there is almost no chance to recover things unless you're MM! So bike TC would need to have the ability to predict a loss of traction, not just react to the problem as cars do. The technology to do this is years away at best. A computer would have to instantly analyze power applied, g's, lean angle, tire temp, air temp, humidity, tire condition/type, road surface, leaves or sand, water, ice, and on and on. I'm going to say that it might just be impossible to get to a 100% reliable system.

So putting high horse power on the street requires a lot of talent (and maturity) to control, because riders are currently the only "technology" that can manage a complex task like that in real time. Selling a 500 hp motorcycle to the public would be like selling fully automatic weapons to lunatics. We all know that having $30K to spend on a motorcycle is not going to keep them out of the hands of idiots. I once saw a crash (on internet) where a bike was going 180+ mph and hit a minivan that pulled out in front of them. At 180+ mph, the minivan driver said they never saw anything. The road was clear, they pulled out and saw a flash then boom! The bike went through the passenger are of the van killing the woman's 2 kids who were strapped into their car seats. The rider was also killed.

There is an interesting possibility a friend came up with. They work in GIS (the map data GPS navigation uses). He suggested making a 500 hp bike that knows when it is on the street or a track and automatically adjusts the power. Otherwise, much more than 250 hp will have to be a track only bike IMHO. Please Suki, prove me wrong!
while all this is true... when the hayabusa came out... 160 hp was thought to be almost unusable.. anyone remember this??? IN THE END... the motorcycle only does WHAT U TELL IT TO DO.....

View attachment 1577934

Sadly, the above package....

May have to change my handle to Kawybim now, lol

Got to say that is an eye catching color scheme , IMO , really is a very desirable bike . From the 2012 to current ZX14 , except for the huge stock exhaust cans , and perhaps the mirrors , it has a very menacing and unmistakable shape . Kawasaki have really pulled it off with this 1440cc motor , able to be fully compliant to the worlds emission demands , and still delivers top of the class horse power . I must admit , it does give me hope , that Suzuki 'might' just be able to do the same with the current 1340cc for Gen 3 .

Hope for the 20th there is a large enough worldwide market since Europe is out for the current version. Wake up Suzuki and make an all motor monster with current technology

BB

There is certainly a lot of talk on smaller capacity Gen 3 , and some are wishing Suzuki does this mated up to Turbo . That KTM is wild for sure , I've seen one up close , current '17 model , and it is small and thin / compact . Great if you can fit on it , afraid that rules me out . Desirable bike though .

Suzuki needs to keep making the Busa for sure. A new generation would be nice, though there are things on the gen 2 I'd keep the same. The bike currently may be a dinosaur in comparison to a lot of the other rides on the market, but if you're like me and racing in Pro Street, this thing is an absolute animal of a platform to start with.

Suzuki needs to keep making the Busa for sure. A new generation would be nice, though there are things on the gen 2 I'd keep the same. The bike currently may be a dinosaur in comparison to a lot of the other rides on the market, but if you're like me and racing in Pro Street, this thing is an absolute animal of a platform to start with.
Yes , I can understand the Drag Racing community generally feeling this way . The Hayabusa motor is awesome , the modern replacement for GS1150 roller bearing crank , drag racing bullet proof motor . If the news of the fact that the 1340cc motor cannot meet the latest adjustments to EU emissions parameters had not been brought to my attention , I certainly would of expected only an cc increase to possibly 1440cc , with corresponding gains in power etc. and some electronics added for market desire was needed . The European market would have to cause Suzuki to react , just waiting to see how this plays out . Just the fact that Kawasaki have made their 1440cc zx14 able to pass the EU hurdles , makes me hold out hope for the 1340cc motor , and that Suzuki will make the necessary updates to keep it in future production .

Back