KAWASAKI H2R top speed - what do you think ?

TZ750d

Registered
Most people here have by now heard about
the new Kawasaki H2R "Dragon Slayer"

The factory bike with 300 HP in the racing version.

Reports this week are that a "factory test rider"
has been clocked at over 210 MPH - and he
himself reports "it was actually a lot more than that."

I'm thinking that with 300 HP, but with the high-drag
aerodynamics of the factory body, that the actual
top speed of the bike (no limits as to distance) might
be in the 225 --> 235 MPH range.

Any body else have an estimate ?

Unless your a land speed racer does it really matter how many mph over 200 it goes ???

I mean honestly..... you pull up on a brand new $60k dollar supercharged motorcycle is somebody really gonna say "oh that bike only has a top speed of 210, what a turd!"

I think not :whistle:

Unless your a land speed racer does it really matter how many mph over 200 it goes ???

I mean honestly..... you pull up on a brand new $60k dollar supercharged motorcycle is somebody really gonna say "oh that bike only has a top speed of 210, what a turd!"

I think to some it does. Some people like to say "my bike goes 220, and I did nothing to it!" I see that people keep throwing around the claimed 60k price tag. I would imagine when the first factory forced induction bikes came out people there out how it cost more than a n/a bike. I'm interested in this bike because it is the first factory forced induction bike of my time that I know of (I'm 28).

To answer your question tz. I'd think the bike would do in the 220 range. Not sure what kinda effect the wings would have on the top speed.

I heard the gearing on it was setup to be fastest accellerating bike and not to be the fastest top speed. Something about they didnt want first gear to wind out to over 110mph or something

Yeah ok and unless you actually do land speed races where your times and speed is verified it really doesn't matter what you say because it's just hearsay.

How many times has a manufacturer claimed this HP number or this speed and when put on an actual dyno it's no where near that number....:whistle:

There's guys on here ALL the time claiming that their Gen1 busa does 200mph on the highway with a power commander and voodoo slip on exhaust which is total :bs:

So if you wanna be a numbers guy and brag about what issue or sportbike magazine said your bike did so & so mph then go 4it but like I said with the exception of land speed racing where are you gonna need to do 220+mph??

As I understood, it was 300 hp at the crank. At the wheel is a different story, and I would speculate around 250-260 hp. Gen 1 with stage 1 can easily achieve 250 at the wheel - which is a relatively inexpensive upgrade ($5-7k) for a used let's say '06 (valued at around $6k) for a total expense of $11-13k, and probably better aerodynamics, which is more important for top speed.

I have a mixed reaction to the wings. Obviously, the intention is to create a down force on the front to prevent the front from leaving the ground. This is pretty clever. Those who do high speed runs know that a slightest elevation change which is not noticeable at regular speeds, can easily lift the front by an inch or a few during a high speed run.

My concern is that 1) this would create a significant drag at high speed, easily preventing the bike from reaching its potential top speed; and 2) a wheelie which starts at a slow speed (i.e. wings have little effect) and brings the front more than let's say 2 ft off the ground will put the wings at an angle which actually promotes further lifting of the front, essentially causing the bike to immediately flip over. [I am assuming that the wings are fixed and do not adjust their position automatically depending on how high the front is.] And that would be a real bummer, as I have no doubt that a lot of folks will see this bike as a great high speed wheelie machine. I foresee many new owners removing the wings for this exact reason.

Now, if this track only version has around 250-260 hp at the wheel, it is reasonable to speculate that street legal version will have 210-220 hp max at the wheel - and that my friends will not be as impressive.

No comparison to a 'Busa in terms of weight and handling, but I am keeping my '06 turbo (stage 1) Busa with 242 hp at the wheel (tuned for reliability and not max power) which cost me altogether a grand total of $12.5k.

If the production bike breaks 300Kph (sorry I don't think in Mph anymore) it will blow the "gentlemen's" agreement between the big four manufacturers ... and things will get very interesting

speed-has-never-killed-anyone.jpg

In land speed racing, once you get to a certain point and you run consistent...unless you make further mods to your bike every single mph counts and counts big.

If the production bike breaks 300Kph (sorry I don't think in Mph anymore) it will blow the "gentlemen's" agreement between the big four manufacturers ... and things will get very interesting

I believe that agreement was initiated through voluntary limitations to keep the government from "forcing" a restriction on the speed capability. I doubt if that comes into play on a bike that is manufactured to be strictly off road.

As far as the gearing...I read that also. Gears however are easily changed and usually are when it comes to top end speed runs.

it won't lose 50 hp to the wheels. its not an automatic car. it may lose 20-25.

As I understood, it was 300 hp at the crank. At the wheel is a different story, and I would speculate around 250-260 hp. Gen 1 with stage 1 can easily achieve 250 at the wheel - which is a relatively inexpensive upgrade ($5-7k) for a used let's say '06 (valued at around $6k) for a total expense of $11-13k, and probably better aerodynamics, which is more important for top speed.

I have a mixed reaction to the wings. Obviously, the intention is to create a down force on the front to prevent the front from leaving the ground. This is pretty clever. Those who do high speed runs know that a slightest elevation change which is not noticeable at regular speeds, can easily lift the front by an inch or a few during a high speed run.

My concern is that 1) this would create a significant drag at high speed, easily preventing the bike from reaching its potential top speed; and 2) a wheelie which starts at a slow speed (i.e. wings have little effect) and brings the front more than let's say 2 ft off the ground will put the wings at an angle which actually promotes further lifting of the front, essentially causing the bike to immediately flip over. [I am assuming that the wings are fixed and do not adjust their position automatically depending on how high the front is.] And that would be a real bummer, as I have no doubt that a lot of folks will see this bike as a great high speed wheelie machine. I foresee many new owners removing the wings for this exact reason.

Now, if this track only version has around 250-260 hp at the wheel, it is reasonable to speculate that street legal version will have 210-220 hp max at the wheel - and that my friends will not be as impressive.

No comparison to a 'Busa in terms of weight and handling, but I am keeping my '06 turbo (stage 1) Busa with 242 hp at the wheel (tuned for reliability and not max power) which cost me altogether a grand total of $12.5k.

I have 2 words: Foot Anchors.

If you look at the photos of the instrument cluster. The cardinal markings start at 1K RPM and only go to 8K RPM. To me that means there is so much available torque/power they can gear higher and still get great acceleration.

Even if the Ninja H2 does go faster, there is still the Busa legend, cachet, cult following. Call it what you will, the Busa has solidly taken it's place in motorcycle history! And lets not forget my Brothers and Sisters, the People at Hamamatsu will not take a Kawi going faster than a Busa laying down.
Gen next Busa???
BRING IT ON !!:please:

All this means is...my Gen 2 used part prices are going to plummet when the Gen 3 comes out

Back