Kawasaki announces 2006 Ninja ZX-14 Hyberbike

Now it is time for Suzuki to show your hand in this great poker game
biggrin.gif

Suzuki and Kawasucki have been building bikes together for a few years now in the MX world. Suzuki must have known someone they were going to do something like this. If you think that Suzuki will sit on their laurels and let Kawi take their 'fastest bike' honors - you are sorely mistaken.
Let the games begin I guess.
Makes me salivate for the Next Gen Busa. If not '06 it will def be '07 now!! LOL!

cool.gif

The way they did that wrap-around fin on the fairings reminds me of the last generation pontiacs. Every car had the plastic on the bottom skirt. Don't know, just reminds me of that.

Personally I think this is made of a new material called unobtainium. I'm not buying that it's production yet. It does look just like a pic I saw of the ZZR1400 but with a different seat. BTW, Kawi, the flat seat on a ZZR1400 is stooooopid. Rider needs support man, put a little something there so they don't slide right off the back end.

It reminds me of the Rocket III. People buy it because it's fast for a cruiser and try to justify it's ugly as hell John Deer tractor motor by saying they have the quickest cruiser.

That Kaw is ugly as sin, but people will buy it just because it's probably the quickest. Naturally, the Busa's speed drew me too it, but it also looks like a work of art imo. Not some after-birth plastic bolted to a frame.

A bike has to look good as well as perform imo. The Kaw 14 is missing a key element.

Suzuki should be very happy! Their ZX-14 should help boost 2006 Busa sales!
biggrin.gif
Jeeze... is that the best Kawi could do?!
rock.gif

Who cares that the new Kaw 14 is probably faster than our Busas? Don't kid yourselves guys, all of you, me included, care! That's what the motorcycle industry wants, to get us all fired up to go out and buy the latest and greatest! It's all about marketing stradegy and it works! When the newness of the new Kaw wears off, bingo, 2007 will bring on a new Busa to yet again have us digging deep into our pockets. But that's what this two wheeled passion is all about, the excitement of it all makes life interesting. Me? I have never owned a Kaw and don't ever plan to, so I'll wait and more than likely be first in line down at my local dealer for a new and improved Kaw 14 killer busa in '07!!

It's got me excited and I'm all about the latest and greatest. I'm still hoping to hear an announcement on the hayabusa for a redesign for 06. If it's purdy I'll take one.

It reminds me of the Rocket III.  People buy it because it's fast for a cruiser and try to justify it's ugly as hell John Deer tractor motor by saying they have the quickest cruiser.  
Woah woah woah... I think the Rocket III looks pretty decent. But, hey, to each his own.

Kawasucky is just trying to top the Busa. Unfortunately for them, the Busa looks great, and that Kawi looks like a giant turd painted blue with an engine stuck in it. Balls to Kawasaki.

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126906781 -->

I gotta admit the front end does look sick, reminds me of a spider(insect that is)

It looks much better from the front angle....I thought everyone was in race for 200mph when the Busa came out 1st and ended it. I'm sure they all could have built bigger and bigger engines every year but for what? Do we need a 300 mph bike now?

Just remember the rule of 186. The KWAKI will still be limited to !86 mph, may get there sooner and/or easier! Last few tests I've seen nobody has been hittin that mark with any regularity, especially stock. Aerodymamically still not the Busa equal, but check out the nose below the big hole in front, strangly similar to the KING!

Back