Kawasaki vs Hayabusa

It was just there to try to prove a point. They are too scared to race one in reality.. :rofl:

I'll wait until independent testing occurs..but...It took Kawi 10 years to maybe find something that can beat the Busa...Suzuki had better get off their dead behind and strike back....

Looking for Suzuki to strike back. If/when they do... I can only imagine what they can come up with. Seems as though the Kawi has alot of the "aftermarket" parts on it. It's the OEM bike, but technology wise they have somethings going on.

From what Rickey has said it was purpose built for straight line acceleration. I am interested in what the mags will say in a full on comparison. But there again opinions can be bought. We'll see when the real world gets a hold of them.

Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

From what Rickey has said it was purpose built for straight line acceleration. I am interested in what the mags will say in a full on comparison. But there again opinions can be bought. We'll see when the real world gets a hold of them.

Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk
thats what the 1999 busa was built for.

It's already confirmed that the 2012 Hayabusa will stay unchanged only receiving ABS probably. I'm sure the new ZX-14 will be a serious monster, but the fact of trying to compare it to a 4 year old designed Hayabusa is funny to me. It's like they're bragging that it took them 4 years to finally go faster than the Gen II Hayabusa's

Get someone on the busa who can race and lets see.They didnt race the 14 against the BMW 1000RR.I have seen those smoke both the busa and 14.

Ricky's worst run of the day was on the Busa. Funny they didn't mention his best run of the day was on the 14.:whistle:

So Ricky since Kawasaki supplies you with bikes, pays for your crew, pays for that nice RV (it really is nice), tools, trailer, pays you to race and recently paid for you to do a commercial for the new 14, can you really be unbiased?:poke:

I actually find this Kawasaki a little strange and disappointing. There is nothing really big here. Put a 1500 cc kit on a Busa and a Bazzaz TC fuel module and the Busa is back in business. I was expecting something really new, to take things to another level. Sort of like BMW caught the Japanese sleeping with the S1000RR. The ZX-14R doesn't even have ABS.

I don't see this bike stealing any Busa hearts or wallets. It's better maybe, faster than a stock Busa but why would I buy this bike over either an old ZX14 or Busa? You still need a $1000 exhaust swap and then what do you get? What really sucks is this isn't going to push Suzuki into anything. The current Busa with a few things from the parts bin can compete with the new ZX14R.

I was expecting more.....

It took 4 years and 100cc more to do it. I don't doubt it's faster and more powerful. I would almost be tempted to get one simply for touring because that saddle looks more like a couch, but it's too damn ugly.

why would I buy this bike over either an old ZX14 or Busa? You still need a $1000 exhaust swap and then what do you get? What really sucks is this isn't going to push Suzuki into anything. The current Busa with a few things from the parts bin can compete with the new ZX14R.

I was expecting more.....

Traction control, lighter wheels, more power, a little bit better looks, better seat, better ergos. Those should be your reasoning for buying it over an older ZX14.

Now buying it over a 'Busa? I don't know. Maybe you are a closet Ninja guy. :laugh:

He works for Kawasaki what do you expect ...lol......... he's on my facebook, I'ma jump on him about the 10 year gap ...lol

So...wtf was Kawasaki supposed to do? Wait until a new Hayabusa came out and then release the 14R? Release it in 2012 silently or maybe only compared it to a 1999 Katana? The whole "It's only a little faster, therefore I can buy a 2008 Busa, slap some aftermarket on it and do that cheaper." isn't untrue, but I thought people compared to stock to stock. Honestly, what mag or company is NOT going to compar their bike against similar others simply because the other bikes aren't less than one year old. I guess we'd better throw those old CBRs and R1s out the window in the lastest superbike comparos! They're more than 1 year old and shouldn't be compared to the 10R or S1000R! After all, you can take that R1, slap this that or the other thing aftermarket on it and be faster than the new bikes! ??? Really? :poke:

Guys, the Hayabusa will be back to match or beat this bike in 2013/2014 with a GSX-R 14xx. It is funny to see the 'nothing special' remarks when this ZX-14R will be considered the Gen II ZX-14 and they changed MUCH more on it than Suzuki did for the Gen II Hayabusa that so many people were crying like babies when they saw for the first time. Gen II Hayabusa comments: "This is it?" "It looks the same, nearly!" "I'm faster than this thing on my Gen 1 with aftermarket!" "Oh god! The brakes are still subpar! WTF Suzuki?!" "Why buy a Gen 2 when I can stroke/bore/fuel kit my Gen 1 lol?!?" "Oh god, that tail light looks horrible!" "This isn't Gen II this is Gen 1.5!"

So...wtf was Kawasaki supposed to do? Wait until a new Hayabusa came out and then release the 14R? Release it in 2012 silently or maybe only compared it to a 1999 Katana? The whole "It's only a little faster, therefore I can buy a 2008 Busa, slap some aftermarket on it and do that cheaper." isn't untrue, but I thought people compared to stock to stock. Honestly, what mag or company is NOT going to compar their bike against similar others simply because the other bikes aren't less than one year old. I guess we'd better throw those old CBRs and R1s out the window in the lastest superbike comparos! They're more than 1 year old and shouldn't be compared to the 10R or S1000R! After all, you can take that R1, slap this that or the other thing aftermarket on it and be faster than the new bikes! ??? Really? :poke:

Guys, the Hayabusa will be back to match or beat this bike in 2013/2014 with a GSX-R 14xx. It is funny to see the 'nothing special' remarks when this ZX-14R will be considered the Gen II ZX-14 and they changed MUCH more on it than Suzuki did for the Gen II Hayabusa that so many people were crying like babies when they saw for the first time. Gen II Hayabusa comments: "This is it?" "It looks the same, nearly!" "I'm faster than this thing on my Gen 1 with aftermarket!" "Oh god! The brakes are still subpar! WTF Suzuki?!" "Why buy a Gen 2 when I can stroke/bore/fuel kit my Gen 1 lol?!?" "Oh god, that tail light looks horrible!" "This isn't Gen II this is Gen 1.5!"

This would be the Gen 3 ZX14. But who's counting. :whistle:

:laugh:

So...wtf was Kawasaki supposed to do?

Put everything on the ZX-14. Don't just be king for a year or two, go for a decade like the Busa did. Kawasaki has more stuff on the concours than this thing. I hope they sent Brock a pre-production version because by the time the aftermarket guys get up to speed on this "new" bike the Busa will be king again......

It is funny to see the 'nothing special' remarks when this ZX-14R will be considered the Gen II ZX-14 and they changed MUCH more on it than Suzuki did for the Gen II Hayabusa that so many people were crying like babies when they saw for the first time. Gen II Hayabusa comments: "This is it?" "It looks the same, nearly!" "I'm faster than this thing on my Gen 1 with aftermarket!" "Oh god! The brakes are still subpar! WTF Suzuki?!" "Why buy a Gen 2 when I can stroke/bore/fuel kit my Gen 1 lol?!?" "Oh god, that tail light looks horrible!" "This isn't Gen II this is Gen 1.5!"

Suzuki was changing a legend, Kawasaki was trying to catch one. You have to knock the champ out, not just out point him. Them's the rules in the heavy weight division........

Lol... Did you see what they did? When they showed the tach on each bike on the second race the hayabusa was shifted short it was shifted at about 10.2 they didn't run to red line until second gear. I love when they have to back off the better bike to make the cowasucky look good...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back