BMW K 1200 S vs Hayabusa -- a review!

Which shreds and disposes of your opening line quite handily since, if I were prone to whining, I would have responded in that thread... [/QUOTE]

Nah, don't buy it. See, trolls tend to only populate threads where there isn't something that directly disproves their contention of their own outright superiority. That thread had a quote that directly refuted your assertions that the BMW is indeed the second coming, and I would guess that's why you stayed away.

So get over your bad self Random, these are just articles and this is just the internet. [/QUOTE]

See, this is the funny part, you act like you're getting under my skin but the truth is that, well, you really aren't worth the trouble. Plus I don't take myself seriously enough to give a damn if you're trying to needle me anyways, but if helps you sleep at night to think you have any control over another man's thoughts, you go ahead and be your delusional self. Hi-ho.

Answer this question, Random - Is the Busa currently sitting on the top of the mountain?[/QUOTE]

See, here's the thing -- Personally I don't care. You see, I've got a bike I ride and enjoy, and really have no need for the whole "My penis is bigger than yours is" motif you seem to get such a kick out of.

You came in and added your noise to the discussion, which was expected. I just knew you wouldn't be able to leave well enough alone, and I'm so very glad you didn't disappoint.

Now you can go back to your binky...[/QUOTE]

Just cause you have unresolved Freudian childhood issues, don't be projecting them on to me...

Holy $hid.

Ok, I read the last thread on this subject for it's entertainment value. But it got tiresome.

Aughtsix, get some alkaseltzer. Dude, you are so caustic!

Here's what I haven't heard yet;

WE OWN (most of us anyway) THE VERY BIKE OTHER MANUFACTURERS ARE SHOOTIN' FOR!

"busa beater"

Kawi tried, misssd the mark in many ways, but made a great bike anyway

Now BMW is trying. Doesn't sound like they made it either.

But all we do is make ourselves look petty and shortsighted when we put down another machine. My busa is awesome. It is the best bike I've ever owned, by far! But I am a bike freak. If it has 2 wheels and a motor....it's cool! Period.

Lets not fall into the same trap some other groups have, you know, looking down our noses at anything other than OUR choice.

Someday, someone will make a better bike.
Face facts. It'll happen. Just get over it now, cause it's just a matter of time.

Right now, we own a legend. The fastest bike in the world. And yea, I think it is the coolest too.

Think positive thoughts........Ok, everyboby aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Good air in, bad air out.
Ok, I'm goin home, gotta ride tomorrow. SEE YA!
biggrin.gif

Well....

This thread sure did get interesting.  

One thing nobody here can dispute!  

The Hayabusa's motor is the holy grail!

It is perfect.  Wonderful.  Awesome.

Oh, and the BMW puts your balls in a vice!  If I want to be that uncomfortable, give me a true super sport.  Good try BMW.  Your bike will be 14K new within 3 years due to poor sales!  And you will come out with a "touring" model because of slow sales!

But is was a great bike to ride. I'm sure it will only get better! I can't wait until it really gets dialed in.

<!--EDIT|04busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114486207 -->

laugh.gif
You two are such little pissant fanboys...

That's something I've noticed lately. Some Busa folks have become as polarized as the Hardley crowd - so terribly narrowminded. If you don't ride a Hardley you ain't worth S H one tango. You know what they think of your Busas, right?

It should be "It isn't what you ride, it's the love of the ride". So shoot me - I love motorcycles of all kinds and brands, and I can appreciate them for what they are. I appreciate the K12S for what it is and can do so even not having ridden one (gasp). I'm sure I'll appreciate what it is even more after I do get the change to ride one. I can appreciate the Busa for what it is, certainly having ridden one, but I don't worship at the altar of Busa any more than I worship at the altar of any other bike. I see others on this board who hold the same philosophy and I'm thankful for them. The rabid fanboy mentality sure gets tiring though.

Random - I evidently am 'getting under your skin' because you felt so compelled to reply. If I wasn't worth your time, why did you? The answer is because you've just established the worth of your time in your own eyes, and I agree with your assessment...

Brown - Now I have to own the bikes to hold an opinion?? So tell me, Brown, have you owned the K12S?? You're such a lowbrow you can't even see the internal inconsistencies in your own arguements, not that you could even grasp the concept...

Listen, I don't particularly care what either of you think - I don't even particularly care how either of you think, but I do care that neither of you allow me the same room for opinion that you both demand - Busa board or no Busa board. You're so incredibly insecure that anything even hinting of other than a word of perfect praise causes you to come unhinged, yet you yourselves feel free to criticize whatever enters your little minds. You both have a lot of growing up to do.

Maybe that describes you two best - little minds.

Go on and prattle away now kiddies, the rest of it's yours. I'll enjoy the reading.

Steve

Well....

This thread sure did get interesting.  

One thing nobody here can dispute!  

The Hayabusa's motor is the holy grail!

It is perfect.  Wonderful.  Awesome.

Oh, and the BMW puts your balls in a vice!  If I want to be that uncomfortable, give me a true super sport.  Good try BMW.  Your bike will be 14K new within 3 years due to poor sales!  And you will come out with a "touring" model because of slow sales!

But is was a great bike to ride.  I'm sure it will only get better!  I can't wait until it really gets dialed in.
Hey 04 - I apologize to you if it seemed that I was ragging on your review. It's the reactions of some that bugged me.

And you're right, the Busa motor is still the Holy Grail...
biggrin.gif

Take care and stay safe;

Steve

laugh.gif
 You two are such little pissant fanboys...

That's something I've noticed lately.  Some Busa folks have become as polarized as the Hardley crowd - so terribly narrowminded.  If you don't ride a Hardley you ain't worth S H one tango.  You know what they think of your Busas, right?  

It should be "It isn't what you ride, it's the love of the ride".  So shoot me - I love motorcycles of all kinds and brands, and I can appreciate them for what they are.  I appreciate the K12S for what it is and can do so even not having ridden one (gasp).  I'm sure I'll appreciate what it is even more after I do get the change to ride one.  I can appreciate the Busa for what it is, certainly having ridden one, but I don't worship at the altar of Busa any more than I worship at the altar of any other bike.  I see others on this board who hold the same philosophy and I'm thankful for them.  The rabid fanboy mentality sure gets tiring though.

Random - I evidently am 'getting under your skin' because you felt so compelled to reply.  If I wasn't worth your time, why did you?  The answer is because you've just established the worth of your time in your own eyes, and I agree with your assessment...

Brown - Now I have to own the bikes to hold an opinion??  So tell me, Brown, have you owned the K12S??  You're such a lowbrow you can't even see the internal inconsistencies in your own arguements, not that you could even grasp the concept...

Listen, I don't particularly care what either of you think - I don't even particularly care how either of you think, but I do care that neither of you allow me the same room for opinion that you both demand - Busa board or no Busa board.  You're so incredibly insecure that anything even hinting of other than a word of perfect praise causes you to come unhinged, yet you yourselves feel free to criticize whatever enters your little minds.  You both have a lot of growing up to do.

Maybe that describes you two best - little minds.

Go on and prattle away now kiddies, the rest of it's yours.  I'll enjoy the reading.

Steve
Dude, I wish you actually read what I posted, not just what you think I wrote. It would cut down on the length of your responses. I'm sure the K12S is a great bike, it's just not a Busa in the minds of most reviewers. You don't have to own a given bike to form an opinion, but to argue that one you haven't ridden is better than one you have barely ridden, when people who have ridden both say that it's not is plainly foolish. As expected, when logical arguments fail you, insults to the intelligence and maturity of whoever disagrees with you resurface.Thankyou for being nothing if not predictable. Obviously you do care what both Random and I think, or you wouldn't interpret our posts in ways no one else does, simply to have something to argue over. You say the rest is ours? I'm sure you will not be able to refrain from responding, simply because you really are a troll. That's what trolls do. They inhabit message boards, posting replies to topics about which they know nothing, simply because it's the only way they can get anyone to pay any attention to them. It's a shame that your social and professional lives are such dismal failures that you resort to gathering negative attention, just to receive some type of attention. Oh well, sucks to be you.....

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114520081 -->

Back