GSXR 1000 vs. Hayabusa

(tlrbandit @ Oct. 10 2006,17:09) I appreciate everyone's thoughts.  This year has been really tough, mainly due to my injuries and the change it has made on my life.  It has been real hard to accept that my desert racing / road racing days may very well be over and that is why I have had so much difficulty making a decision to go with the Busa.  It's kind of like accepting the fact that racing/track riding is no longer an option, or accepting the fact that you have gotten older and can no longer do what you did when you were younger.  

After a lot of thought, and some sound advice, I went out and bought a brand new 2006 Limited Edition Hayabusa.  I will say this decision made my wife real happy.  Even though she is tiny she hated the seat on my CBR and she is not a big fan of my Bandit.  

The really good news, my wife has already said I can go ahead and spend whatever money I need to make the bike the way I want!
smile.gif

Pics to follow.
COOL!!!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICS
CONGRATS
beerchug.gif

(tlrbandit @ Oct. 10 2006,17:09) I appreciate everyone's thoughts.  This year has been really tough, mainly due to my injuries and the change it has made on my life.  It has been real hard to accept that my desert racing / road racing days may very well be over and that is why I have had so much difficulty making a decision to go with the Busa.  It's kind of like accepting the fact that racing/track riding is no longer an option, or accepting the fact that you have gotten older and can no longer do what you did when you were younger.  

After a lot of thought, and some sound advice, I went out and bought a brand new 2006 Limited Edition Hayabusa.  I will say this decision made my wife real happy.  Even though she is tiny she hated the seat on my CBR and she is not a big fan of my Bandit.  

The really good news, my wife has already said I can go ahead and spend whatever money I need to make the bike the way I want!
smile.gif

Pics to follow.
Congrats!

I'm sure your wife has no idea what she has unleashed by saying that. Oh well ... run with it while it lasts.

I have a 2003 Anniversary Busa and a 2001 R6. The R6 is ok for just getting out and throwing it around, but I will never get rid of my Busa. I did 350 miles Sunday on the R6 and darn was it uncomfortable. I just like to have it to practice the turns and not be so concerned about it getting scratched or cracked. My Busa nd I have been all over and she is my traveling friend. My wife doesn't really like to ride very often so we get some quiet time together. Just me and Bernadette!

I will p/u my Busa Saturday (check cleared so it's just a matter of me getting the time to get it), and I have already ordered the Double bubble, EBC HH's, Heli bars and gel grips. I will spend some time with her before deciding on other mods.

My 2004 CBR 1000 rr will be going on the market Saturday.
smile.gif

Oh yeah, my wife wants me to get Tobinized asap! Tobin did the seats on my Dad's 06 LE and they came out awesome. I just need to come up with a different layout/pattern

Back