Kawasaki vs Hayabusa

I can't believe no one said a word about how he backed that Kawi out of the van on a single ramp solo...

As far as the vid, Kawi; you can't tell the world you're king. The world will let you know when you make it.

LOL the video was cool but you gotta take it for what its meant for...marketing. and WHO it was meant for... any body who buys "biggest and baddest" not those of us who know better. Hell race 1 the Busa rider reacts slow as hell. And you SHOULD be up 4/10 a sec quicker with 100 more cc's. all told, real world, I dont forsee all of a sudden seeing many 14 taillights...

could we please merge all these dumb zx 14 champion threads. its old and VERY WEAK.

im not about to concede that the new 14 is the fastest 1/4 mile bike. youve got kawi doing a promo video of course the 14 is gonna win. here in memphis i watched with my own eyes a guy run a 9.65 on a completely stock 09 busa. so now what?

I've got the Gen I Busa, and my Bro's got the 08 ZX14 since he wrecked in the Spring. So I've been riding both and I've put them to some testing to say the least.
I'll say one thing about the ZX, and IT IS NO SLOUCH !!

Ricky's worst run of the day was on the Busa. Funny they didn't mention his best run of the day was on the 14.:whistle:

So Ricky since Kawasaki supplies you with bikes, pays for your crew, pays for that nice RV (it really is nice), tools, trailer, pays you to race and recently paid for you to do a commercial for the new 14, can you really be unbiased?:poke:

The numbers don't lie :laugh:

I really don't understand why people have been dogging the 14. Some people act like Kawasaki is the new step-child in the house which is the contrary: Kawasaki has a had a WELL established racing/sportbike history granted it's not like it us to be since the inception of the Busa.

Back in the day a "KAW" was the bike to have, nobody wanted a Suzuki, heck even the Honda CB750 was more desirable and of course you old heads remember the infamous KZ1000 which are still being drag raced to this day! (I learned to ride back in the mid 80's). My cousin STILL has his 1984 GPZ750 and no he won't sell it, I've ask many, many times,lol.

But the king was d-throned and a new champion took over. But as we all know nobody rules forever hence the subject of this topic. Sometimes it's hard to admit defeat being that the Kawasaki ZX-14R is one bad a$$ bike regardless of what anyone thinks. It's almost the best in technology that Kawasaki has offered the public, this cannot be denied.

I personally think that this is a good thing because it will inspire/force Suzuki to make changes and upgrades. Suzuki left the busa alone for years,(if it ain't broke don't fix it attitude) until the 14 jumped on the scene. Now it's pretty much guaranteed that the Gen3 WILL be out I'd say by 2014 possibly with the 600/750 Brembo brakes, traction control, of course a bigger motor, yada yada yada.

It's the typical cat/mouse game likened to the Mustang Camaro pony cars. The Mustang beat the Camaro to the point that it went out of production even thou the Camaro had more power and was faster. It lost because it was basically junk, harder to work on, more expensive to work on, the aftermarket supported the Mustang a lot more and the Mustang was a better looking car. With all these factors in place meant the inevitable demise of the Camaro.

Will the 14 out-sale the Busa because of the improvements in my opinion no way! Why because the Busa has an iconic following that is not going anywhere anytime soon and also because the Busa just looks so much better. As far as drag racing goes look at the MIROC series with the VAST majority being Suzuki mainly the Busa with a few 1000's thrown in.

I've talked to some people and they take things WAY to far! People act like Suzuki or Kawasaki is paying them to dog the each other and the only person I know who IS getting paid to do it is Rickey Gradson but I'm SURE that if Suzuki offered him a super mega contract he would be singing a different song as we all known (heck I sure would, lol).

Heck I hope Honda and Yamaha come out with some big cc super street bikes just to really mix it up.

Just have fun and ride your bikes, we all support each other out on the road.

Admit it guys, the 14 is going to blow the non-existant doors off the Busa. Well, till Gen 3!!!! Then I will buy the Gen 3 as most llikely my last bike. I just hope Suzuki gets that RWHP up to about 210 to 215, that will really make the big beauty fly!

Admit it guys, the 14 is going to blow the non-existant doors off the Busa. Well, till Gen 3!!!! Then I will buy the Gen 3 as most llikely my last bike. I just hope Suzuki gets that RWHP up to about 210 to 215, that will really make the big beauty fly!

LOL I think you're right.

I really don't understand why people have been dogging the 14. Some people act like Kawasaki is the new step-child in the house which is the contrary: Kawasaki has a had a WELL established racing/sportbike history granted it's not like it us to be since the inception of the Busa.

When I first read this I thought you said you didn't know why people on a Hayabusa site were dogging Kawasaki..........

could we please merge all these dumb zx 14 champion threads. its old and VERY WEAK.

im not about to concede that the new 14 is the fastest 1/4 mile bike. youve got kawi doing a promo video of course the 14 is gonna win. here in memphis i watched with my own eyes a guy run a 9.65 on a completely stock 09 busa. so now what?
lol... nice

Back