Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Kawasaki Pulls Out Of US RoadRacing
by staff
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thus just in:

KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A. SUSPENDS ROAD RACING FOR 2010 SEASON

IRVINE, Calif. (Dec. 18, 2009) ? Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announced the company will not participate in the AMA Pro Racing road racing series in 2010.

"While we've always considered road racing an integral part of our sportbike development process, the realities of the current economic situation dictate the temporary suspension of our U.S. road racing activities," said Bruce Stjernstrom, marketing director.

Kawasaki's long history of successful road racing includes 20 AMA series championships. Among the many champions who have worn the Kawasaki lime green racing leathers are Reg Pridmore, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Miguel Duhamel, Scott Russell, Doug Chandler, Eric Bostrom and more recently Tommy Hayden and Roger Hayden.

"We expect to see eventual improvements in the general economic condition and Kawasaki will reevaluate its road racing position as we monitor those issues," said Stjernstrom.

Suzuki Vs. Yamaha :whistle:

not like they competed with the Gixxers anyway. :laugh:

jk, that's sad to hear they won't be running...makes me wonder where their riders will end up.

In another season, 2 at the most, the DMG will reach it's goal of doing away with all forms of US motorcycle road racing other than the Harley XR1200 cup.
I'm surprised Suzuki is bothering with it, since they apparently aren't going to have any 2010 model bikes in the US other than 3 dirt bikes.

Last edited:
In another season, 2 at the most, the DMG will reach it's goal of doing away with all forms of US motorcycle road racing other than the Harley XR1200 cup.
I'm surprised Suzuki is bothering with it, since they apparently aren't going to have any 2010 model bikes in the US other than 3 dirt bikes.

No. They just want to do away with Superbike racing.

Have you seen what they have done with the purses? Superbike will only pay 1st thru 3rd. The win pays $3500. Daytona Sportbike pays $5000 for 1st and they payout through 20th place.

When Superbike goes so will the T.V. coverage/$$$. It may be gone anyway with the manufacturer's pulling out.

Ultimately you are right, U.S. road racing will be dead.

DMG wants to make it like NASCAR - seeing dollar signs - and it is going to bite them in the a$$ and destroy the sport.

Or maybe they have secret stock in WSB and MotoGP and have a master plan to drive everyone to them.???

Do what?
Pardini, I had no idea that the purses in SBK were way less than the 600 class. Thats just nuts, everyone, in every sport, likes the heavy weights.

Sad, sad, sad.........

that blows...
if the ecomony stays on this path. I may never get to see a race live! :-(
Posted via Mobile Device

Back