May 18-20

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Anyone Goin?</span>

May 18-20

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Details :</span> Infineon Details Click Here

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<span style='color:darkblue'>2007 Major Events Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown, presented by SupercutsWine Country ClassicToyota/Save Mart 350Infineon Cougar Mountain ClassicFRAM Autolite NHRA NationalsCAL-STEAM/KOHLER NHRA Division 7 Drag Races, presented by KorbelGrand Prix of Sonoma Complete Schedule Raceway Schedule Dragstrip Schedule Karting Schedule Motorcycle Schedule Racing School Schedule Special Events  Individual Event TicketsGroup Tickets / Hospitality / SuiteTicket PackagesCampingSeating ChartMy Account  About Infineon RacewayTrack Rental/TestingSales/SponsorshipYou Can RaceMotor Sports Industrial ParkSpeedway Motorsports, Inc.Racing LinksSouvenirs & MerchandiseHospitalityVendor DisplaysOrder Phone Lines3Js Motorcycle DaysDonation RequestsFire SafetyRaceway Staff  Area MapDirectionsFacility MapsCampingParkingTravel HelpGuest InformationGuests with DisabilitiesRules and RestrictionsNationwide Insurance ShuttlesInfineon Raceway MerchandiseVirtual TourIR Forums  Audio GalleryVideo GalleryRaceway News ArchiveWallpaper GalleryPhoto ContestRaceway WebcamsPhoto of the Week  Media GuideMedia Hi-Res GalleryPress ReleasesSeries PR Contacts  
All You Need to Know About the Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown
Wednesday, April 25, 2007

NEW - Adjust Font Size:

WHAT:
Infineon Raceway will host the top pavement motorcycle road-racers in the country at the Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown, presented by Supercuts.

WHEN:                    
May 18-20. This is the fourth stop on the 20-race series for 2007. It will be a doubleheader weekend, featuring 28-lap main events in the Superbike division on Saturday, May 19, and Sunday, May 20. The weekend will also feature racing in Pro Honda Oils Supersport, Superstock and Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme.

CIRCUIT/LENGTH:
12-turn, 2.22-mile road course. Superbike main events, 28 laps. All other main events, 17 laps.

SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS (all times Pacific):    
Friday: Superbike practice, 10:50-11:50 a.m.; Superbike qualifying, 2:10-3:40 p.m.; Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme qualifying, 3:50-5:20 p.m.

Saturday: Superbike qualifying, 9:50-11 a.m.; Superstock qualifying, 12:50-1:20 p.m.; Pro Honda Oils Supersport qualifying, 2:10-3:20 p.m. Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown main event #1, 3:30 p.m. (28 laps); Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme main event, 4:30 p.m. (17 laps).

Sunday: Superbike practice, 10:20-10:50 a.m.; Superstock main event, 1:10 p.m. (17 laps); Pro Honda Oils Supersport main event, 2 p.m. (17 laps); Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown main event #2, 3 p.m. (28 laps).

Click Here For The Complete Event Schedule

2006 CHAMPIONS:
Superbike: Ben Spies (Suzuki). Spies won both Superbike main events; Supersport: Race was cancelled because of rain; Superstock: Jamie Hacking (Yamaha); Formula Xtreme: Eric Bostrom (Yamaha).

QUALIFYING RECORDS:
Superbike: Ben Spies (Suzuki) 83.343 mph, 2006; Supersport: Ben Spies (Suzuki) 81.654 mph, 2005; Superstock: Jason Disalvo (Yamaha) 82.472 mph, 2006; Formula Xtreme: Jason DiSalvo (Yamaha) 81.506 mph, 2006.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
Ben Spies (Suzuki) is both the defending AMA Superbike champion and the defending champion at Infineon Raceway, having won both Superbike features in 2006. Spies also set the qualifying record last year in Sonoma and led wire-to-wire in both features. ... Mat Mladin holds the record for Superbike victories in Sonoma with six and he is also a six-time AMA Superbike champion. ... Yamaha re-enters the Superbike field after a lengthy absence and will feature its YZF-R1 behind riders Jason DiSalvo and Eric Bostrom, who is a San Francisco native and graduate of Petaluma High School. The last Yamaha Superbike win in Sonoma came in 2001 behind rider Anthony Gobert. ... Suzuki and Honda have combined to win 15 of the last 16 Superbike features at Infineon Raceway, dating back to 1995. .... Spies and Mladin posted the top time during a two-day test session at Infineon Raceway, April 5-6, at 1:35.70. The time bettered the actual track qualifying record for Superbikes, which Spies owns at 1:35.893 (set in 2006). ... Former Lafayette resident and Acalanes High School graduate Steve Rapp won the prestigious Daytona 200 and rides for Attack Kawasaki this season. .... Kawasaki will feature riders Jamie Hacking and Roger Hayden in 2007, and both will compete in Superbike and Supersport. Hacking won both the AMA Supersport and Superstock titles in 2007 and is the defending Superstock champion in Sonoma. ... Miguel Duhamel (Honda) holds the record at Infineon Raceway for overall AMA victories (nine). ... Former NBA superstar Michael Jordan fields a three-rider team in the AMA, including Aaron Yates, who is the only rider in history to win in Superbike (1996), Supersport (2002) and Superstock (1996) in Sonoma.

IN ADDITION

Suzuki's Mat Mladin will be inducted in the Infineon Raceway Wall of Fame during a ceremony in the Wine Country Winner's Circle on Saturday, May 19, at 12:15 p.m. Race fans are invited.
Supermoto USA will feature a full weekend of supermoto racing at the Infineon Raceway Karting Center. There will also be an SBFreaks Freestyle Show all weekend in the Turn 10 island.
The 4th annual Northbay Motorsport & Marine Charity Fundraiser will be held on Sunday in the Wine Country Winner's Circle at noon. The fundraiser will feature signed memorabilia from top AMA riders, and also a drawing for a new Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic Cruiser. All proceeds benefit needy youth groups in Sonoma County through Speedway Children's Charities. To purchase tickets for the drawing, contact Denise Silver (707-933-3950, dsilver@infineonraceway.com).
There will also be a motorcycle art show, Grape Crushers Run with Yamaha riders Eric and Ben Bostrom, trials exhibition by 10-time AMA champion Geoff Aaron, live music by the Spazmatics and more. Click Here for a full list of weekend activities.
TICKETS:
Friday, May 18: $15; Saturday, May 19: $35; Sunday, May 20: $35. Weekend pass, $60. Children 12-and-under are FREE and parking is FREE. Call 800-870-RACE or CLICK HERE.</span>

Nope
sad.gif

Going to Gunny's retirement party
beerchug.gif

YEP!!! I canceled my Harley trip to Vegas to go. Also the Salute to American Graffitti is that weekend in Petaluma. Most of the actors show up.

Thinkin about it.  My daughter is a sportswriter for the Napa Register and she usually covers it (and) gets me tickets!!!
laugh.gif
She even gets to go to their press conferences and interview the riders. She loves young Ben (she's 25 and single) and I like Mat.

i may go but wont know for a few more days gonna really try to make again
jump9.gif

Anyone goin wanna hook up for a photo or a beer, send me a pm I shoot ya my cel #
beerchug.gif

I'm headed down on friday a.m. with a small group from here. Stayin at the Marriot but my brother is draggin my old camp trailer down and will be stayin at the track.

Anyone goin, Send me your cel phone #'s
cool.gif

$60 for the weekend Anthony and me are riding down both days we take our own food for the day to, way cheaper.........

Hey, we're going! Three of us are leaving Carson City NV at the crack of dawn Sunday, 160 mile one way trip; Me, Pacemaster and a friend that rides a Honda Superhawk.

we should try and ride down together im off of hwy50 in el dorado hills and Greyrocket and Anthony are in sac off of 50

I was planning on going, but I just got a new job that starts on the 14th in SoCal, in El Segundo.
sad.gif

I need to get situated, so I don't have time to go back North, then get back down there for Monday. I will be at MotoGP, no matter what.
wink.gif

Back