K&N or BMC

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Seen some posts where some are saying BMC filters are better than K&N's. Any thoughts? I have a K&N but would switch it if the census is the BMC breathes better. Also, street or race?

If the census is BMC, where's the cheapest place to buy one, checked e-bay, didn't have any listed

Thanks

Scott

I get mixed responses on this... A buddy of mine has had both and says he can't tell the difference. I trust him enough to not spend the extra 70$ on the BMC. I like being able to clean the filter anyway...

is the BMC filter not cleanable like the K&N? I had never heard of it until reading on it someplace else. I really have no knowlege in this area so if anyone has one, please let me know.

I'm one of the believers in the stock filter. I think aftermarket filters are a waste of money and the stock Suzuki filter breathes just as good. I've also read somewhere on this board that there is no actual proof that the aftermarkets are better, its just something that everyone thinks is true...any feedback on my point of view?

hahahahahha....
type.gif

Yea, you will never get a straight answer on this. I have been looking for it since I started.
smile.gif
and have never found the pot of gold answer...
biggrin.gif

I have asked for before and after dyno charts, but have never seen any....
rock.gif

Don't know what to tell you... Like I said, my buddy has had both and says you couldn't tell the difference between the two. I trust him more then the answers I have gotten on this so far. I have the K&N and like it and don't think I will switch until I can see some proof otherwise.

Although, in a vote, I beleive the BMC may come out on top for perferred filter on this site. More seem to like it for performance... I don't know.
rock.gif

CLoud

rock.gif

I just stuff an old pair of sweatpants in the airbox, works great.  If I put a Downy dryer sheet in there with them, the exhaust smell is light and fluffy like a summer day too.

<!--EDIT|epicrisis
Reason for Edit: "added bs"|1091250829 -->

The stock filter works great...Suzuki did a wonderful job engineering it for the stock motor.

If you have a stock bike and put an aftermarket filter on it you won’t be able to tell any difference in speed less that fact that your wallet is lighter and that might help.

But once you add a 4-1 header, bigger cam, milled and polished head, box and other mods making more hp changing the stock filter to a better flowing one will make a big difference.

It is sort of like saying will these 200$ basketball shoes make me a better basketball player.......
Only if you are already a professional player with the skills needing a high performance shoe.

It is nice to be able to clean your filter and not a huge difference in price between stock but don’t expect anything unless your motor is built.

well I've never used BMC but i noticed an immediate improvement in MPG when i switched from stock to K&N. It was about 4-5 mpg more. Which made me believe the engine was breathing easier and the engine working less.

I have a K&N. Put it on at Laguna. Also installed Scropian slipons. Gas mileage is up to 50 mpg on the freeway running 75 and 80.

Back