BMC or K&N filter?

edcop

Banned
I am having a Dyno-Tune Tues. and I don't feel to comfortable using my three year old K&N filter that I tryed to clean and ended up putting too much oil on it.
I think I might buy a brand new filter and let the lovely .org decide.

Should I get a BMC or K&N?

Is there a test thats been done to prove that? Im curious

I have actually seen it done on a dyno. It was a K&N street filter. Don't know about a K&N race. I run a BMC race on my bike with no issues.

I have been surfing the web on air filters the last couple hours and have read from different sources about K&N air filters letting in small particles of dust and losing horse power.
Not too many people have anything good to say about K&N air filters.
I have read from a lot on the net that stock is better than aftermarket and almost anything is better than K&N..
I have read many good things about pipercross air filters from the U.K.

After reading all the crap about K&N, I think I might go with the BMC.

I would have gotten pipercross but there is nowhere locally here where I can get it before my dyno-tune on Tues.

Personally tried pipercross,K&N and BMC.BMC is the preferred choice of mine after riding the busa for more than 6 years

Cheese is right. If you leave the K&N dry it will flow extremely well for the dyno. Then oil it up after your dyno runs are done. BUT, they do let in more grit than a stock filter and the stock filter if not too old, flows very well.

Back