New filter finally

karnage

Registered
Finally picked up my new BMC filter.Now hopefully I will notice a difference with the new map, airbox mod and new filter.I was wondering how it has been said that the stock filter flows better than a k&n or BMC but noticed how a lot of filters are over oiled.Could that be the reason.The new BMC is pre-oiled and you can barely notice any oil on it at all.Is this the reason maybe, over oiling.I use the No-Toil bio degradeable soap washable filter oil and have had good luck with it.I know it works great on my dirt bikes.

It was based on testing. From memory the stocker was better than the K&N back in '06-'07. I don't think anyone has done any testing lately. Do a search on username GPW.

The Gen I and Gen II are totally different. It would be nice to get some current testing.

Are you getting another tune with the new filter ?

My tuner said it wont make a difference with a new filter.May have to tweak it with the airbox mod.He said he will run it up on the dyno no charge and make any needed adjustments but I have to go up to him this time.I am hoping to pick up a few more horses.

Well, maybe he knows then. You said he said the new filter wouldn't make a difference. You changed the filter for cost and maintenance vs. performance ?

Is it the BMC or BMC Race ?

Aren't you running the factory header ? If so that's why it really won't matter. Because until you get that restriction replaced it doesn't matter how much air you can pull in; it can't get out.

No a yosh 4 into 1.He said it wouldnt change the map I think.I got the BMC race filter.The shop didnt have one in stock when I did the tune but he made a map that used a BMC filter from his past tunes and he is real good at getting dead on.I will have it on the dyno again soon to get it looked at.He backs his tunes and as long as it isnt a drastic change he will run it free of charge or if I am unhappy.I will have it flashed with his ecu unleashed software.Kinda like ecu editor but better I think and he knows it well.Thats like a $500 tune I think.

What type of yosh system are you running ? and is it plugged or unplugged ?

Well, at least you got the best they offer. 8 RWHP gain unplugged.

I throw info around from time to time, but it's like this: It's your ride and your money. So do what you like.

Are you saying 8 HP gain if I do unleashed??I want to get the most power out of the stock stuff first, then do cams, adjustable sprockets etc.Do you mean no can on the rear of the pipe??I saw a guy run an open brocks and he actually gained some power but it was all over the place with the baffles out.Surging.Probably too lean.

He was referring to the plug that can put in the Yoshi's to reduce sound levels. Not running without a can.

So there is no advantage, in me buying an $80 K&N air filter for my bike, other than never having to buy another filter again. Just wash, retreat, reuse ???

No better performance, from the bike (stock), from the "better" filter? ???

So there is no advantage, in me buying an $80 K&N air filter for my bike, other than never having to buy another filter again. Just wash, retreat, reuse ???

No better performance, from the bike (stock), from the "better" filter? ???

Correct - they offer no better performance than stock. And they can make performance worse, even if you only slightly over oil them. Not to mention that depending on how much oil you put on, it will alter your bikes air flow, and throw off the tune if you don't get it exact.

No plug in mine.There is an advantage over stock for flow, my tuner said it wont change the map by much thats all.Not sure what he meany by that.We will see when I get back on his dyno and see what I pick up now with the filter and airbox mod.I forgot to meantion the over oiling will affect flow.I hardly use any oil on my car filters.Doesnt have to be an oil bath.

No plug in mine.There is an advantage over stock for flow, my tuner said it wont change the map by much thats all.Not sure what he meany by that.We will see when I get back on his dyno and see what I pick up now with the filter and airbox mod.I forgot to meantion the over oiling will affect flow.I hardly use any oil on my car filters.Doesnt have to be an oil bath.
Don't ever follow K&N's oiling instructions for their filters or you WILL over oil them and kill the running of your bike. They say to run a line of their liquid oil down every pleat....the first time I tried that on my first and last K&N bike filter, my bike ran like complete crap. I thought it was jetting/fuel problems etc because I had also just installed a pipe (I was young). A wise old mechanic told me clean that filter and give it a light spray of oil, forget the liquid that came in the kit. That cured the issue completely. A light spray to lightly and evenly color the filter is all you need...and your K&N will breathe fine. Same with the BMC's :thumbsup:

Well, at least you got the best they offer. 8 RWHP gain unplugged.

I throw info around from time to time, but it's like this: It's your ride and your money. So do what you like.
It shows right on Yoshi's site, and is included with the pipe, that the first gen busa gets a 10 hp gain. Same basic results we've repeated quite often in our club bikes. Most other brands of pipes give similiar power, some a horse or 2 higher, some 2-3 hp lower depending on the type of bike its on. Plus the Yosh is designed to retain some of the busa's lowend which is the bikes strong point. ALL the pipes give similair gains, some gain a little more in different areas than others, but its always give and take. The pure bull being flung around by the uninformed about "magic" 20+hp gains with some pipes is typical internet bs thats not doing anybody any good. Lets give real info to the people that need it.
BTW Akro's $3000 full ti top shelf race system gives the R1 about a 7hp increase as tested in Sport Rider. In fact most liter bikes only gain 5-7hp with a full system...the stock headers are that good anymore. Busa's will gain 10-12hp with a full exhaust, including brocks :laugh: Thats the average. Joe blows way high reading dyno doesn't mean your magic system gained 20hp from your pipe. People need to face reality, as painful as it can be sometimes :rofl: Living in fantasy lands can be dangerous and is unhealthy :laugh:
If you have any questions about a rough idea of what your pipe will put out on your bike, hit google and do an hour or so of research, thats after you check the manufacturers claim. Most pipe makers claim 5-8hp gains with liters, and 10-12 with first gen busa's (2nd gens are probaly similair) thats pretty close to what our club and multiple local shops have found with the different members bikes....plus the shops experiences back it up. Its complete bull that you'll make less hp with a full yosh than stock......thats so wrong its laughauble :rofl: :rofl:
Cut the hate and give the truth....our members deserve it :beerchug:
Twisted fanboy info doesn't help anybody.

My tuner says the Yosh is track tested and proven for good results for Suzuki.I pulled 160.14 on the dyno and 98 torque to the wheel.I gained like 6 hp and 4 torque with the new map and he was amazed being mine is stretched so I may have gained a couple more if I was stock length.I like my yosh full exhaust, just dont like the carbonfiber can look.I dont know who ever said a yosh will make less HP then stock being the stock has cats and smaller primaries.I like the sound of the brocks but cant justify another 1k right now for sound.

It shows right on Yoshi's site, and is included with the pipe, that the first gen busa gets a 10 hp gain. Same basic results we've repeated quite often in our club bikes. Most other brands of pipes give similiar power, some a horse or 2 higher, some 2-3 hp lower depending on the type of bike its on. Plus the Yosh is designed to retain some of the busa's lowend which is the bikes strong point. ALL the pipes give similair gains, some gain a little more in different areas than others, but its always give and take. The pure bull being flung around by the uninformed about "magic" 20+hp gains with some pipes is typical internet bs thats not doing anybody any good. Lets give real info to the people that need it.
BTW Akro's $3000 full ti top shelf race system gives the R1 about a 7hp increase as tested in Sport Rider. In fact most liter bikes only gain 5-7hp with a full system...the stock headers are that good anymore. Busa's will gain 10-12hp with a full exhaust, including brocks :laugh: Thats the average. Joe blows way high reading dyno doesn't mean your magic system gained 20hp from your pipe. People need to face reality, as painful as it can be sometimes :rofl: Living in fantasy lands can be dangerous and is unhealthy :laugh:
If you have any questions about a rough idea of what your pipe will put out on your bike, hit google and do an hour or so of research, thats after you check the manufacturers claim. Most pipe makers claim 5-8hp gains with liters, and 10-12 with first gen busa's (2nd gens are probaly similair) thats pretty close to what our club and multiple local shops have found with the different members bikes....plus the shops experiences back it up. Its complete bull that you'll make less hp with a full yosh than stock......thats so wrong its laughauble :rofl: :rofl:
Cut the hate and give the truth....our members deserve it :beerchug:
Twisted fanboy info doesn't help anybody.

Don't quote me and then make absurd claims as if you are following up statements I've made because you're not. The Yosh site is what I have been quoting. Very funny to call me a hater when all I've been doing is trying to help. The only hating in this thread is your post. :laugh:

Well that's what I was trying to tell you above. It's your bike and the way you think and feel about it, is all that really matters. I know I've never helped you with a payment :laugh:

Back