Oil filter ?

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone familier with this product a little pricey but if it works...??Performance Parts » Oil Filters » Scotts Stainless Steel Reusable Oil Filter for GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-05

View Scotts Performance line
Review this product

Scotts Stainless Steel Reusable Oil Filter for GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-05 (17255)

Scotts Stainless Steel Oil Filters have superior filtration. Made from laser-cut, medical grade, type 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth, to provide unmatched protection against oil contamination and the resulting engine damage. This filter provides 200% more filter area in many cases. It filters down to 35 microns "absolute" which is 3 times better than most good paper and brass filters that will pass particles in the 90 to 95 micron range. A human hair is about 140 microns. The pleat seam is welded in our filter, not glued like paper filters, and will withstand up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit!

It is cleanable and reusable. Simply remove the filter, rinse in clean solvent and replace it, you're done. The filter can be cleaned with solvent, kerosene, aerosol, carburetor cleaner, or any other degreasing agent, even common dish soap. Blow air through the filter from the inside out to remove any small particles or cleaning agent from the screen.

The oil filters will have consistent flow under all conditions. Stainless steel will stand up to the stress of heat, high pressure and physical handling much better than paper or brass. This filter maintains consistent flow under all conditions including cold start up and under extreme heat. A one inch square of this micron filter material will flow 1.9 gallons of 90 weight oil per minute at only 1 psi pump pressure. Out standard filter size is 30 sq. inches which equals the flow of 57 gallons per minute! Standard paper filters do not flow well when the oil is cold, which can cause the bypass valve to open, allowing unfiltered, dirty oil to enter the engine.

Scotts Oil Filter
Details

Our price: $107.99
(Retail: $119.00)

Options

Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Add to cart

Crap... You can buy 10 regular filters and you don`t have to spend all at the same time... 35 micron? I don`t think so...

+1. Besides by the time you buy 10 filters for your bike you would have brobably upgraded to the 2011, Limited edition 1600 Busa....
laugh.gif
Just bugin

I can pick up Fram filters at the local wall mart for about $5 a pop.

I can change A LOT of filters for that coin
tounge.gif

Remember you "gota"  CLEAN those things
vader1.gif
. I rather just pitch an old one away and put a new one on
smile.gif
. NO Fuss, NO Muss ! Clean and done in what  
wink.gif
90 seconds  
tounge.gif

I highly doubt the flow information. That's what I'd check on first. If you oil is flowing too slow, it will overheat and break down faster. If it's flowing too fast, well, I don't know what would happen but it would probably indicate that the filter isn't really doing it's job.

--Wag--

I just run the K and N filters and make sure and change them every 3,000 miles. Excellent filtration and at 9 bucks a pop. As long as you keep your oil and filter changed before you rack up a butt load of miles then your engine will treat you right. Why risk it?

Back