Just got my 'Busa a month ago &........

Maximum

Registered
Hey everyone!! I just got my bike about a month ago. It's a 2000 dark red/gray. It only had 1600 miles on it when it got it and I only paid $6500 for it. It came with a full Yosh exhaust system (minus the power commander) I know, it was a steal that is why I bought it. Since I have had a little time to ride it, I now have a few questions...

1. I have heard that the 'busa can't really hang with the liter bikes in the twisties. How true is this? What is your definition of "twisties"? How tight of a turn are we talking about? How fast are you going and how fast is the liter bike going when you discover that you can't hang? I know I probably need more experience with this bike but I must admit that I let the "naysayers" get the best of me. The other night hanging out with the boys (CBR 954, CBR 1000, CBR 600RR, Suz 750, 600F4i, and a couple of other bikes and me with the "big boy" were riding along the lakefront and we were haulin' (place expletive here), however, when we got to the curves I started remembering what I had previously read concerning the curves and baked off. Of course, you know what happened next. Yes, I had to play catch up which was no problem once we got to the straight aways. So I guess my question is really "...how low can you go...?" In a safe manner, that is.

2. Is it me or does the heat from the engine go right up your pants leg too?

3. Do you ALWAYS have the desire to be on your bike? While working, with the family, in business meetings, talking on the phone, whatever you are doing, is your mind always on your bike and how much you want to ride it or is it just me?

4. Is your wife (husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other) complaining that all you talk about is your bike?

5. Do you find yourself always scheming, planning, saving on the next modification that you want to do?

6. Is a power commander a necessity or a luxury with a full exhaust system?

7. Is the stock undertail ugly as sin or am I being petty?

8. Am I getting on your nerves with all of these questions?

Its really good to be here and I look forward to your responses.

Max

how low can you go...?" In a safe manner, that is.
<span style='color:blue'>Depends how good you become on the bike. You can drag a knee or scratch the pegs very easily and safe</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Nice on a cool day, not so nice when it is hot, but normal</span>
3. Do you ALWAYS have the desire to be on your bike? While working, with the family, in business meetings, talking on the phone, whatever you are doing, is your mind always on your bike and how much you want to ride it or is it just me?
<span style='color:blue'>Normal for Busa riders, as a matter of fact you may go into withdrawl when you don't ride</span>

4. Is your wife (husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other) complaining that all you talk about is your bike?
<span style='color:blue'>No they all gave up, and now tell stories to other people about the Busa and the insane men and women who ride them.</span>

5. Do you find yourself always scheming, planning, saving on the next modification that you want to do?
<span style='color:blue'>No more scheming or planning, I just do what I want and when to the bike now.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>It is a necessity for maximum power out of the system</span>
Stock is usually modified or changed by a lot of riders.[/color]

<span style='color:blue'>No it is comforting knowing that others are just as crazy as me.</span>

Its really good to be here and I look forward to your responses
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>WELCOME GLAD YOU ARE HERE TO SHARE</span></span>

#8.SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding have fun and F all the hayabusa "experts"who have never riden one!

wise words from your ninja eating master
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Hey diesel, That is a fine looking red Busa ya got there. Sorry, not trying to steal the thread. The Busa is the only bike I have ever had that is good at everything.

1. I have heard that the 'busa can't really hang with the liter bikes in the twisties. How true is this?

<span style='color:red'>Really depends on the rider...in my opinion, all things being equal, a 750 will blow past the liters in the twisties because of the more usable power.  The Busa is not as flickable as the liters, this is true and due to the weight, but it really comes down to rider skills.</span>

<span style='color:red'>Yes, the way the vents are...a lot of sportbikes are like that</span>

<span style='color:red'>Oh Yes, and it doesn't fade...and as Eater said, you'll go through withdrawls when you don't ride for a while.  I did when I had wrist surgery.</span>

<span style='color:red'>In the beginning she was, but now she just zones me out most of the time...I don't mind because I zone her out when she's talking about her stuff (which I don't even know what her stuff is)</span>

<span style='color:red'>Yes, Busa takes priority over most</span>

<span style='color:red'>Necessity</span>

<span style='color:red'>Definitely too big/ugly, cut it using a Dremel tool, or get a new one.  I'd cut it first, it makes a difference and you might like it so you won't need to buy an undertail.</span>

<span style='color:red'>Heck no, I can talk about bikes all day and night</span>

Its really good to be here and I look forward to your responses.

<span style='color:red'>Welcome and its good to have you here on the board!</span>

I think your questions were covered pretty well so all I can say is Welcome to the board.

1. Depends on how good you or the people you are riding with are.

2. It's not you.

3. Yes, almost all the time.

4. I think she stopped listening.

5. Yes.

6. Need more power?

one word

TURBO

7. Stock does not look that bad to me, but some of the undertail kits do look awful good. Personal preference, I say.

8. No, this is what we do when we are not riding or modifying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back