• Hairspray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinnacle Bike Lotions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
This is just a poll to see what ya'll do. A buddy of mine with a CBR 600RR brought this up and we just want ya'lls input. So.... How do you clean YOUR bike?

I just wipe my bike down with a damp microfiber cloth. I don't use soap. Dry right after with microfiber. Wax or Pledge if not lazy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Soap and water every other week, honda polish for a quickie!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Good quality car specific soap and S100 TCC, H2O, Simple green on the greasy parts, tires, rims, gentle rinse (no high pressure) Blow
dry with electric leaf blower. Plexus on the lexan, Aerospace 303 on the black plastic parts( uv protection) and S100 detail for the body work & tank.

Bucket o' soapy water, microfiber cloth and water hose.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I clean my bike every year with soap and water. Once a year cleaning is about all I can handle. If it is good enough weather to ride in, I'm not cleaning!

Once in a while I take off all the plastics and handwash the whole chassis and get every part of the bike very clean. Then I maintain with a quick detail. I like taking time to detail my stuff, it's like therapy for me.

Suzuki wash Plexus Honda shine Pledge I just started using Motul wash and shine and go that is some nice stuff also.

Meguiars quick detailer on the panels after a water wash...the grime from chain lube etc on wheels / swing arm I use bug / tar remover. The micro fiber cloth is in use as well with the delicate surfaces. It seems that if I spray the panels down the water beads up and washes off the dust and road debris...many products with silicone would act in the same manner.

I used to do the soap and water. Then Sleepless and Pledge took over.
Now, I use "warm wet", papertowels to wipe her down. I then get a micro fiber rag to gently and ever so lightly rub her slowly until she is dry. I spray her down with Pledge, and take my time wiping her down. I wipe her rear end, I take special care to rub her hips and watch her move slowly as I increase the pace with one hand, then I straddle her. I wipe her topside. I look down at her and can see a smile, my smile from the shine. I wipe her gauges, her levers, her grips, her shield and cables. I climb off of her and she moves up just a bit. I admire the white mist on her. Then I rub the mist and it starts to leave a shine. I continue to wipe with one hand then the other. I go to the front and look her over. I wipe the lights, and the shield from the front. She smiles. I get on my knees. I rub her fenders, first the front then the rear. I spray Pledge on her seat and rub it in for that clean shine. I like looking at her rear. I now clean her chain. Last but not least, detailed attention is payed to her wheels. I look her over and admire my work.

I put everything away. I tell her, good night Gracie...........

Back