The Busa is a BUS, Just rode a CBR 1000

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
My biz partner/Buddy wanted a new bike to ride after listening to me talk about bikes all the time. He needed a stress relief and I told him that my only relief is my bike. I can ride for a few minutes and forget all my problems. He and I started looking last week and I tried to get him to get a Katana or something around 600 cc. He has rode dirt bikes but not street bikes. He has always bought high performance cars but drives conservatively and normally under speed limit, just likes to know the power is there. I explained a 600 will kick most cars butts and that he should start small. He fell in love with the R1's. I am thinking that I ride a Busa and that bike scares me a little. More hp and less weight. OMG!!! Well we found one but I tested it out since he has little knowledge about bikes and was unhappy with the bike. Had been rode hard and dropped on one side. Not worth the price. Any way he finds a 2006 CBR1000 limited edition he fell in love with even more. I rode it and the difference between the r1 and the CBR were amazing. I have only ridden heavy liter bikes like my Busa and my Hurricane. I used to think the Busa was nimble and people that said it can't handle are fools. Especially after meeting v-man and seeing what he can do with a Busa. He bought the CBR and he is going to take it slow. I am putting him through my training course then he has signed up for riding corse for next weekend.

I have to say the new CBR's are AMAZING. I LOVE it!!! I never thought I could feel the way I do about my Busa about another bike (Don't tell her I cheated on her). That bike is so easy to manuver at slow speeds, it tears the road up in straights and the turns. I have always been nervous in sharp curves, but with the CBR it feels natural to get the knee out and take the curves low and tight. I went around one curve at twice the speed I felt comfortable on the Busa at. It was well over twice the speed limit and it did not feel as though I was pushing the corner at all. Actually felt as though I should go faster.

Now I know this is a Busa site, I love my Busa!!!! I swear!!!!! But OMG I love the CBR too. Is that wrong. I just love them for different reasons.

Here are a couple pics in the garage. I am going to take her out today (all day) so you will not see me back in here for a while.
heart.gif

IMG00288.jpg

another, She has lots of goodies, lots of extras, will take more pics later, want to ride her some more!!!!

IMG00287.jpg

That is the bike I was going to buy when I bought my busa.I went busa cause it's more comfy than a CBR.I still love the CBR's.In 06 they really stepped the pace up and 08 they're even better.

You think that CBR is badazz? Then ride the NEW CBR1K. More of everything and better, except it's one ugly mofo.

My Busa almost didn't get purchased I was originally at the dealer looking at an 05 CBR1000, but the day I went they got my beauty in and put her right next to the CBR and I spent an hour debating and sitting. When the dealer dropped the price to the same as the CBR I went to the BUsa. But my baby doesn't know how close she was to staying at the dealership. Once I got the keys I drove straight to my buddies house and convinced him to come look at this "smokin deal" on the CBR. He ended up going home with her the following day.

I think the 06 is sexxy!!!!! The aftermarket stuff on this one makes it nice. It has carbon fiber, integrated taillight and more. It sits to damn high though. My short legs can hardly touch and it has some funky hand grips. My buddy is short too, but told him to suffer. Don't want to mess up performance by lowering. The seat is hard as a brick too. I like the feel if you get close to the tank, almost feel like you are sitting straigh up and over the shield. If I went on a long ride, the Busa is the best choice. If I had to choose a bike, I would chose my Busa for comfort, but for a bike to ride and have fun on, the CBR is more fun.... I would so go to jail on this thing. It is actually easy to speed alot. I can cruise on the busa and the CBR just has to go really fast. It seems to see a corner and speed up on its own. I don"t understand it
firedevil.gif

I am heading out, Joker if you read this post, keep your phone on, might need someone in the police department to keep me out of jail........
cool.gif

I love my Busa, but the 600RR is reserved for the track. Yes it is a night & day difference in handling & weight.

i hear/read the 08's are bad az. i was seriously looking at the 929 when they were out.

I love the Honda, the seating geometry is the only thing that kept me off those 1000's but I like the new GSXR 1000 over the honda that gsxr 1000 felt like a 600.

My brother bought one a couple months ago and it now lives in my garage with my Busa and my wife's Gixxer 1000. Here's where I posted about it.

Great bike to ride!

--Wag--

You think that CBR is badazz? Then ride the NEW CBR1K. More of everything and better, except it's one ugly mofo.
+1

aside from bad looking cosmetics, it's already crowned literbike of the year for 08. And there have been several pro roadracers who've been racing close to showroom stock cbr's and kickin some tail.

You guy's are dead on about the new CBR1000RR the thing is crazy agile and fast as can be. That's why I had to add one to the garage. Taking it and the Busa to Summit Point Raceway for a trackday on monday Aug 18th.
DSC02170.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

My brother bought one a couple months ago and it now lives in my garage with my Busa and my wife's Gixxer 1000. Here's where I posted about it.

Great bike to ride!

--Wag--
Yeah, remember your write up, that thing turns like it could just make a 90 degree turn at any speed. Kind of like those bike looking things that were on that old Tron movie. Amazing... Just got in and it is 1 am. It does tire you out more than Busa but was fun as heck!!!

first 08 Cbr, no disrespect Ta, but don't like the new look, like the older look better. Don't know how it could handle better than 06. The guy that owned this one prior, put steel braded brake line, bout threw me over handle bars when I first stopped. Did they make the seat more comfortable? my azz hurts!!!

I Like the way the 08 looks, but I love ALL liter bikes !!! I was also going to get a CBR 1000 RR when they offered my Busa for the same price.

I got to ride my buddy's 05 1000RR and have to agree it does want to go fast while the Busa seems like she is comfortable just cruising. We went to the local dealership to check out the 08's and could really feel how much lighter it felt compared to his.

Back