Just Got My Busa

Welcome!  Nice Busa...one day, when I win the lottery, that red LE will be my second Busa...
biggrin.gif

Not sure if the '04 models have any issues with getting a little warm in traffic, but I know my '03 gets hotter than I'd like in heavy traffic.  The fan cutting on is normal, but on mine, the fan doesn't seem to help.  I'm not in heavy traffic that often, so I don't worry about it too much.  Just keep an eye on the temp to make sure you don't have one doing the same...

Glad to have another "local" Busa rider around here!  
smile.gif
 Keep riding...it only gets better!  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092148069 -->

Thanks Sage for the information. I will take a look and get back with you.

Heavy Metal you may want to take a look at the Yosh website, www.yoshimura-rd.com, for more specific information. They are pretty friendly and will answer all your questions (non-technical/technical).

Projekt, I am insured with USAA. I can't complain about my rate.

To all my fellow Metropolitan Busa ownwer -- Is there a riding club that meets perodically?

A riding club is exactly what we need. There are lots of bike clubs in the area that offer a mix of social, charity, and riding events, but too little riding for my tastes. The only real riding that I know about are with colemans powersports ... anyway we desperately need a sportbike oriented riding club in this area.

WELCOME...i know what it feels like to have a Brand New Lim Ed Hayabusa. I just got mine earlier this month...I now have 1,400 miled on it. Enjoy and be careful!

To all my fellow Metropolitan Busa ownwer -- Is there a riding club that meets perodically?[/QUOTE]
A riding club is exactly what we need. There are lots of bike clubs in the area that offer a mix of social, charity, and riding events, but too little riding for my tastes. The only real riding that I know about are with colemans powersports ... anyway we desperately need a sportbike oriented riding club in this area.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly right...my riding tends to be toward touring, I enjoy getting the bike out on the open road and spending a
few days. Most of the clubs tend to be of the meet and greet variety, jumping on the bike and blasting down the road for about a mile at top speed and then meeting and greeting again...just not my type of riding. If an alternative to this is
available or could become available...count me in!!
Ride safe...

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. That goofy lookin' grin that's probably on your face will remain for awhile. Get used to it.

I would love to be a part of a riding club. I am with Busabad...I would love to go on day rides to NJ, NY, Virginia Tech (my Alma Mater), etc. Just to put the Busa on the road, I plan on making a trip to Chesapeake, VA later this month.

I know there are many bike events, however, I want to ride first and talk second. What's your opinion?

would love to be a part of a riding club. I am with Busabad...I would love to go on day rides to NJ, NY, Virginia Tech (my Alma Mater), etc. Just to put the Busa on the road, I plan on making a trip to Chesapeake, VA later this month. [/QUOTE]
Hey Cuffee,
I have family in the Tidewater area, I might be able to talk the wife into a run down that way or maybe 1-up if she's
not interested...maybe we can talk about it...drop me an
e-mail...darrylzx11@aol.com
Ride safe...

That is beautiful. Thats the one I have been eyeing. Will be making my purchase next month when I am due to be home from my Army service for good. Absolutely gorgeous.

Love the Steeda package too. I sold a Saleen I had a couple years ago. Nice cars. Am a Mustang addict myself.
Take care. Have fun on the new ride!

Congrats on the 04 LE, and welcome to the best board on the planet!! Oh yea, pics please.
biggrin.gif

First of all I wanted to say thanks for all the responses!

Busabad I will send you an email later about Tidewater.

Tedbiele you didn't go wrong by purchasing the Busa. You will see why I fell in love with her.

GSX1300RZK4.jpg

Congrats!
Yes, the radiator fan will kick on in traffic.

And don't listen to BusaBad... he has LE envy.
Everyone knows the Red is the FASTEST Busa...
come on... it has become conventional wisdom.

Domain Gone
** Look, No Reflectors either... **
wink.gif

I will have to admit that the power is UNBELIEVABLE! With that being said, if the Black/Purple Busa is faster then I don't even want to try and ride it. Now with that being said that red dot that comes out of nowhere and then disappears becuased you blinked...That's my Red Busa :-) (However I am still a rookie - just wanted to talk some smack)

Me too! I just picked up my Red 04 three weeks ago. If I can get all the "Hony do's" done I will have a blast. I have only put on 250 miles so far so I am still not having all the fun I can have. I once had a red sports car and said never again! It turned too many heads (cops). But I guessed any Busa would turn a cops head so I went with the Red. Oh and by the way, the guy at the dealership said it was a fact that "the red ones were the fastest".
I am not sure what mods if any yet, I am just trying to dress it up with some carbon fiber parts so far.

My_o4Busa.jpg

My 04 hasnt got here yet but i am going with the TRS tri oval single exhaust because i really like it

also check out tobin seats too!!!!

read sig

Back