Just Got My Busa

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:red'>I purchased my 2004 Limited Edition Hayabusa last Saturday. I have to admit it is the best bike that I have ever rode. I have a 2000 Steeda Mustang GT and would much prefer to ride my 'Busa!
As of today, I have put ~160 miles on it. It's amazing how it sounds when you accelerate. It almosts sounds like a jet. I am really amazed at the handling. I use to drive a Suzuki Bandit 1200S. This is SO much better than the Bandit.</span>
<span style='color:royalblue'>Now for the questions...I am thinking about putting a RS-3 Oval Race Carbon Sleeve. What is your opinion? One final question....When I was in traffic, is it common for the radiator to come one?</span>
<span style='color:green'>Thanks,
Doc</span>

first welcome !!! As a previous Bandit 12 owner myself, yes the difference is night and day. Also your rad fan will come on in traffic, situation normal
cool.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel privaledge to be a part of the Hayabusa family. Thanks for the info regarding the radiator. Also, I don't have any future mods planned except for adding and after market bolt-on exhaust. Any suggests for the exhiaust? I am thinking about a Yosh pipe.

Welcome to the board! I have the rs3 stainless on my bike, and really like the sound and look,s, if you are going with slipon,s, you won,t be disapointed with the yoshi,s.

Welcome to the board and congrats on your new bike. Maryland ain't that big so hopefully I'll run into you sooner or later. Do you ever go to MIR? The next bike event is at the end of this month.

I think I will be adding the Yosh pipes. I heard good things about them. Also, I live in Largo, MD. Hopefully, I will be able to meet the MD/VA/DC folk.

Be patient with me and my Busa. We are rookies on the scene:-) Also, Sageronin can you tell me more about the MIR and the event at the end of the month.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board! Pics are a must for us to help enjoy your experience!

I think I will be adding the Yosh pipes. I heard good things about them. Also, I live in Largo, MD. Hopefully, I will be able to meet the MD/VA/DC folk.

Be patient with me and my Busa. We are rookies on the scene:-) Also, Sageronin can you tell me more about the MIR and the event at the end of the month.
Yep ... go to www.mirdrag.com for more details. Great racing venue a lot of the well known racing teams show up like Velocity Racing and Orient Express ... etc. Saturday and Sunday events. Let me know if you want to roll. I have to pass through your area on the way.

What do you all think of going with Tri-Ovals or TRS over RS3's??? and whats the weight difference in Titanium cans vs Carbon fiber Cans as well as with alot of hard driving would the Titanium Cans be better than the carbon fiber ones or doesn't matter at all. Save weight with Carbon.

Welcome to the board and congratulatons on the new Busa. If you get stuck in heavy traffic on a hot day keep an eye on the temp gauge. She will run a little hot.
Injoy
beerchug.gif

Congrats on the 'busa...I live in Fort Washington...maybe we'll be able to get together...
Ride safe...

Welcome to the Board. Can't go wrong with Yosh and Suzuki together, however, everyone has Yosh (myself included). shop around a bit and check out other bikes. Maybe there will be a pipe that catches your eye. I would save my $$$ and just buy a full system. There are some really great deals on used ones if you keep your eyes open.

Congrats,
Who are you insured with? Is the price reasonable? I got some insane quotes pricing insurance in Lorton, VA when I bought mine prior to exporting it.

Back