Doing Dyno Time!

WarBaby

Donating Member
Registered
Curiosity got the best of me so I took my `02 Busa to Brock's Performance in Dayton, Ohio for a day of dyno testing. The <span style='color:blue'>Blue</span>, <span style='color:red'>Red</span>, and <span style='color:green'>Green</span> text notes correspond with the three color-coded dyno runs at the top of the chart.

Brock, hard at work.

The plastic side covers were removed and the header tubes got plenty hot under load testing. A dyno fan was blowing directly on the left tube which made it slower to glow than the others. Shortly after this picture was taken, all four tubes were cherry red more than a foot from the exhaust ports.

There is more dyno session info here: <span style='color:red'>DYNO DETAILS & PICTURES</span>

Good read...Shows how valuable a good tune can be...
evil.gif

Good, better, best..."It's all good" = can't get any better...[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I couldn't have said it better.  
smile.gif

so what map did you end up with for the street?[/QUOTE]
We finished with the same map I have been running for months... BDE's standard "027B" map with a few tweaks to air/fuel settings at partial throttle in the low/mid-range areas. DYNO SESSION DETAILS

WarBaby looks good but is that the run view file you have?
If so, change the smoothing to at least 3, I use 5 it will get rid of all those jumpy lines.

PS. Please don't tell me he really did use that oil for the pulls
eek2.gif

Hey Cheeseman... Thanks!
wink.gif
Yep, I'm familiar with the smoothing function. Just wanted to show it the way it came off the dyno without any visual enhancements.

PS. Please don't tell me he really did use that oil for the pulls[/QUOTE]
We talked about it, and from what I could determine, he uses it in all his bikes, as do many customers, and he has seen no adverse effects from its use on either street or track bikes. With cold weather rapidly approaching, I have no concerns about it but will change to a multi-viscosity synthetic oil as Spring gets closer. For some strange reason, I just bet you have some more to say about this.
smile.gif

Back