How do you clean YOUR bike?

How do you clean YOUR bike?

• Hairspray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinnacle Bike Lotions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wash her once in a blue moon but I use shampoo instead of soap or car wash specific stuff. I just like it better. Pledge to keep her shiny.

I had to vote `other`, because I can`t agree with it`s the only real way part of `soap and water`. But yes, Meguiars deep crystal car wash soap, a strong solution.when the bike is cool and in the shade, I lather it up real good on the front/sides to soften up them triple diget bug guts (we got grasshoppers here that could almost knock you off your bike). Then with another wash mit (dedicated to wheels) I lather up the wheels. Then rinse it all off (taking care not to get alot/any water on the gage area). Repeat for stubborn bug remains. Lightly dry with towel/synthetic sham (absorber). Use compressed air to blow water out of fastener heads, etc. Wax with cleaner wax by Meguiars or Mothers on plastics. Detail wheels/fork tubes or anything I missed with Honda Polish micro fiber towell.
The process is about 1/4 the time it used to take to polish the HD chrome.

1) Find a carwash that employs Indians.

2) Have the Indians wash your bike.

3) If you let them sit on it and take pictures of each other, they'll often give you a discount.

4) ???

5) Profit.

Carwash soap and water "garden hose". Then and the best thing, a electric leaf blower to dry. the blower works killer, then microfiber cloth to touch up. Then wax to bling bling.

All depends on how dirty it is and what got it dirty. The worst is after riding it rain, because with black paint if you just us pledge or any type of polish it will leave scratches in the clear coat.

For the paint:

After a rainy ride, I have to do a soap and water wash then use black out turtle wax, then after the first ride I use pledge and a micro-fiber cloth.

Repeat first step once or twice every month, and use pledge in between.

Tires and black plastic:
I use black magic tire shine on the seats, inner plastic and mirrors. I use it very carefully on the tires.

Wheels:

Pledge or invisible glass to keep them clean and one or twice a month I use Maguires chrome polish.

My bike is 5 yrs old and has 60K on it, I have ridden in more rain storms than I can count, and it still shines like a new one!

I use soapy water and let it dry naturally. I then go over the bike using Pledge which is a household polish found in the UK. Comes up in a brilliant shine. On the metal parts and wheels I use wd40 to get any stray chain lube off and afford the parts some protection.

Works a treat.

been using Motul wash and shine, its pretty good stuff...now for the dumb question, Pledge??? like the dusting cleaner? never herd of using that before.

Depending on how dirty to start...good car wash soap and water, with a grit gard insert in my bucket so as to not run grit across her swirl-prone black paint. If just dusty, detailer and a soft microfiber. All the nooks and crannies with my Pimp Stixx. Cyclo polisher with a fine compound, or polish, again, depending on any swirls or scratches being present. Cyclo polisher again to apply Colonite 835 insulator wax. Pimp Stixx to get any resi out of the crevi's. Maguires final finish detailer..
What can I say...I have OCD, lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332400500.491003.jpg

Depending on how dirty to start...good car wash soap and water, with a grit gard insert in my bucket so as to not run grit across her swirl-prone black paint. If just dusty, detailer and a soft microfiber. All the nooks and crannies with my Pimp Stixx. Cyclo polisher with a fine compound, or polish, again, depending on any swirls or scratches being present. Cyclo polisher again to apply Colonite 835 insulator wax. Pimp Stixx to get any resi out of the crevi's. Maguires final finish detailer..
What can I say...I have OCD, lol.

Do you use the same process on your head....:laugh: Looks like you got the Mr. Clean look going on in the reflection....:rofl:

But seriously....Thats a dayum good shine brotha....:thumbsup:

been using Motul wash and shine, its pretty good stuff...now for the dumb question, Pledge??? like the dusting cleaner? never herd of using that before.

Yep, household cleaner in a spray can. Perfect shine every time. If you use it regularly you will see water bead-off. Just make sure you wash off any grit with soapy water first.

Vindy.

Busa right.jpg

Original Spirits Polish in the can for cleaning.... Orange Pledge for detailing..... No soap & water (yet!) :laugh:

I use plastix for the farings I use 90% rubbing alchol for chrome wd 40 for the chain and a product called awsome (1.00):thumbsup: for the tires.

I tried the automatic car was once but the spinning brushes kept knocking me off the bike. So soap and water, rinse with the garden hose and shammy dry. Also use wd-40 and a sponge for the greasy parts.

I dont let water touch the bike ever...unless I ride in it! (I am superstitious about water and electronics since I ride AMF era Harleys too!)
Moist Terry cloth towel to get bugs off, if no bugs...
Micro fiber towel sprayed with Griots Garage Detail spray (any would work but I have this one handy). If she's real dirty I will mist the plastics up with the detail spray and then go after it with a dry microfiber towell
Chain / Sprocket / Kick Stand /Wheels I use WD-40 sprayed on a micro fiber towel.

I go through a lot of towels, they start off as first duty towels for just removing dust and light cleaning, then for cleaning the lower plastics where most of theroad grime appears, then as they get dirtier they start getting sprayed with WD-40 and used for under bike cleaning last. Then they have served their purpose and get tossed once they are mostly black. If one touches the floor it automatically becomes a WD-40 rag because I dont want to scratch the plastics or paint since they pick up everything.

Back