How do you clean YOUR bike?

How do you clean YOUR bike?

• Hairspray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinnacle Bike Lotions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Car soap and water, lots of water. I use one of those shaggy car wash mits on everything. Starting from top to bottom and then use same thing on the wheels. I do this about once a week and every few months or so I take off all the fairings and wash the engine down. Then I blow dry at 80mph for two or three miles. Anything under 80 doesn't seem to work so you gotta hit 80 for just a couple miles. Come home it's nice and warm and the paint is dry and 'soft'. Then I put a nice coat of carnauba wax on it. I only wax it once every other month or so. I also Pledge it from time to time in between rides and washes.
I regularly ride thru rain and I think Jap bikes are definitely built to take it so spraying water all over it doesn't bother me.

Depends on how much dirt is on it. I use pledge to shine it up but if it's got alot dust or dirt on it I' wash it down with water. Jet blast the dirt off then a wash down with soap and water. Dry it off with shammy then clean and lube the chain regadless of last time it was done then pledge it all :)

If there is a lot of dust on it the paint will get scrathed even withpledged sprayed on it.

wash it when it's dirty. pledge it to make it shine.

don't use a pressure washer on your bike. it can blast water into your electronics and bearings.

ill ask the wife how she does it when she gets home from work and has made my dinner and done the housework.

Soap and water when its really dirty, a lil wipe with water once in a while just to take the dust off.

sometimes s100 or merguirs, sometimes pledge if I just need a quick wipe down. I dont think I have ever used water on either of my bikes but we have well water that loves to leave some wonderful spots all over to.

Only need soap ad water after I get caught in the rain for a 100miles or so.

I use the Original motorcycle polish on everything rain just beeds
off the chrome and the plastic since 2003 no plastic fade or scratchy paint surface.

When I do use soap and water the leaf blower is the only thing that I use to dry it off

My bike usually never gets too dirty. If she does then I was her with soap and water but I usually just wax her once a month or every event where I want to show her off :beerchug: I use turtle wax platinum. When I run out of that, I will probably use mothers or some kind of canuba wax.

I have never washed any of my bikes with a bucket and hose. I wipe her down with pledge after every ride. WD-40 on the wheels and swingarm, kerosene and chain wax on the chain. Thats about it. The guy that purchased my 05 said it was cleanest used bike he had seen, and he was a bike mechanic.

Clean my bike?

But seriously....

car specific soap, S100 spray, water. Thorough rinse, shammy dry, 70mph dry, shammy again. Carnuba wax, wiping off with micro-fiber cloths. Meguires quick detail and Pledge or carnuba wax in between major cleanings.

Car soap and micro fiber cloths. Then zymol atleast twice a year with liquid ice detail in-between. I think the liquid ice maybe expensive pledge.

On a side note I tried the sham wow towel to dry the bike. Then I said WOW look at all that lint, turned around and used my trusty micro fiber cloth.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

i seem to be getting caught in the rain quite a bit lately which knocks the top layer of dust off...otherwise, some good soap and water occasionally and dried with the leaf blower...finish her off with some Honda Polish and head back out to get her dirty again :beerchug:

I have always used dish soap and warm water...I used to wax...but have gotten left over wax on my inners over time and it looks foggy...Dan had some cleaner that was pretty awesome, need to find out what the name was. I have learned a Ton from this site. Wish I wouldnt have taken so LONG to get active on it... my Baby probably would be more dialed in. I like that sound of twotonevert's process...if you take a minute after each ride..she will probably always remain clean.

I would stay away from dish soap. Some times the wrong one will destroy the clear coat. You can aways tell the people who use dish soap on their cars. After a few years spot will appear pastel. Dish soap is not the only cause but it can contribute.

Blanca might know more about this then I.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

I have not washed my bike with soap and water for 2 years now. I use pledge. I am going to take the strip bike apart this winter and give it a good bath lol

Back