Iphone 5 thoughts... thinking about changing

card16969

Registered
So Im adding my father to my cell plan (verizon) and getting him his first smartphone (hes been on nextel for 10+ years) and thinking about getting him the iphone because of its dependability. Im also thinking about switching from my droid razr which i hate to the iphone 5. Ive had android since the motorola droid and between the droid, thunderbolt, bionic and now the razr ive gone through 30+ phones because they are always glitchy and somethings not working right and usually its after a software update not taking properly and tech support cant get it worked out. I dont root my phones i play a few little games i use facebook instagram text listen to music take photos and browse the web on my phone so im looking for something better than the horrible battery life i get on my razr. So for those of you who have the iphone 5 what are your opinions on the phone.. hows battery life what are your other thoughts etc?

All I know is Omar is constantly attached to his iPhone 5, like a lost lover on a deserted island, where nothing and no one else exists except for Omar and "her", the iPhone 5... :laugh:

I love my Samsung Galaxy SIII personally...

See this thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/168539-ios-android.html For other posts...

Basically, it's like asking "what's your favorite oil?" or "what tire do you prefer?"

There are pros and cons to either platform. I used to love Blackberry. Work forced me to an iPhone and I resisted at first...but I had to get used to it... I now love my iPhone. Sure, there are things that frustrate me about it and there are things that I wish it could do; but as others have said (in the other thread) - if you want consistency...go with Apple. I also have an iPad and two Apple TVs setup. I have my music collection in iTunes Match and I can access it from any of the devices. The other night Michelle and I watched a movie and I streamed it via the Apple TV. Apple TV will also access Netflix, Hulu+, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.

For ease-of-use and consistency, iPhone is the way to go. If you're wanting to do whatever you want with the device - and are willing to put up with some frustration and reboots, go with Android. One of my big frustrations with Android is that there is no consistency across the platform. For example, just trying to update the device; the procedures will vary from device to device. I love the Galaxy SIII; beautiful screen, fast device... But from an IT guy that has to support these devices for my company; I'd rather support iPhones than any other device...consistency. Every iPhone we have (from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 5...and iPads...) they all operate the same way. I can't say that for Blackberry or Android...or even Windows phone.

I have the Berry, but you can get all the same and then some that the iphone has, on the galaxy and for have the price :laugh:
...comin from a Berry Guy :laugh:

so.... what's your favorite oil?

Get the iPhone, put a TRE on it, and some dynabeads! Done. :beerchug:

I've had iPhones since the first one came out and would not use anything else. Like omslaw I have an Apple TV, MacBook Pro and iPhone 4S and its nice to be able to mirror your devices on the tv plus if you activate home sharing you can access your movies and music on your Mac from the Apple TV by just using the little remote on the Apple TV!!

sorry but Apple =
borg1.GIF

sorry but Apple =
borg1.GIF

Omar and I routinely "disagree" over the whole Android vs. Apple drama...I watch him jailbreak his phones to be "more like an android device" and he complains that android devices aren't all the same, he can't just pick one up and know how to do whatever he wants. I argue that having so many companies in the mix manufacturing android phones is a good thing - creates competition and innovation. He likes that his apple devices are all the same, which to me = monopoly and very little change, well, except for the fact that the iPhone 5 has a new power connector so none of his million previous power supplies works :laugh:

Ends up that I'm right (he he) and it really is just up to the individual and Omar's wrong (he he)...he likely won't read this for a while. He's grocery shopping like a good boy :goodboy:

:rofl:

Ends up that I'm right (he he) and it really is just up to the individual and Omar's wrong (he he)...he likely won't read this for a while. He's grocery shopping like a good boy :goodboy:

:rofl:

Difference is his phone will still have a charge left on it when he gets back.. :whistle:

Difference is his phone will still have a charge left on it when he gets back.. :whistle:

I've been streaming Pandora at my desk since 7:45 a.m. and I just checked...battery still has 7 hrs left sunshine... :p

Did I mention my SIII doubles as a ninja star? I'll show you the next time we cross paths... :whistle:

dont forget that 20% of SIII's are bricks and being sent back to the manuf because of recalls and them bricking up hahahaha sorry saw that on tv the other day and its like dam biggest and baddest really is a brick lol

See this thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/168539-ios-android.html For other posts...

Basically, it's like asking "what's your favorite oil?" or "what tire do you prefer?"

There are pros and cons to either platform. I used to love Blackberry. Work forced me to an iPhone and I resisted at first...but I had to get used to it... I now love my iPhone. Sure, there are things that frustrate me about it and there are things that I wish it could do; but as others have said (in the other thread) - if you want consistency...go with Apple. I also have an iPad and two Apple TVs setup. I have my music collection in iTunes Match and I can access it from any of the devices. The other night Michelle and I watched a movie and I streamed it via the Apple TV. Apple TV will also access Netflix, Hulu+, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.

For ease-of-use and consistency, iPhone is the way to go. If you're wanting to do whatever you want with the device - and are willing to put up with some frustration and reboots, go with Android. One of my big frustrations with Android is that there is no consistency across the platform. For example, just trying to update the device; the procedures will vary from device to device. I love the Galaxy SIII; beautiful screen, fast device... But from an IT guy that has to support these devices for my company; I'd rather support iPhones than any other device...consistency. Every iPhone we have (from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 5...and iPads...) they all operate the same way. I can't say that for Blackberry or Android...or even Windows phone.

the biggest thing i have for him is battery life and stability and that it always works because hes technology dumb lol. Me on the other hand i dont do all the stupid crap that i used to do like modding phones etc i believe they should work right out of the box but ive found my androids dont seem to work so thats what im thinking about changing that and battery life thats my big one im tired of 3-4 hours of texting and being dead

dont forget that 20% of SIII's are bricks and being sent back to the manuf because of recalls and them bricking up hahahaha sorry saw that on tv the other day and its like dam biggest and baddest really is a brick lol

Not a 20%'er I guess... :p

the biggest thing i have for him is battery life and stability and that it always works because hes technology dumb lol. Me on the other hand i dont do all the stupid crap that i used to do like modding phones etc i believe they should work right out of the box but ive found my androids dont seem to work so thats what im thinking about changing that and battery life thats my big one im tired of 3-4 hours of texting and being dead

Might I suggest getting out of the barcalounger and actually interacting with people?? You may have more issues than just a bummed battery here Erin :rofl:

Last edited:
Might I suggest getting out of the barcalounger and actually interacting with people?? You may have more issues than just a bummed battery here Erin :rofl:

maybe i take care of my grandma and have no other option other than to sit around with her and make sure she doesnt hurt herself lol JERKFACE

Back