Must-have Droid apps

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
OK y'all - so Michelle was soooo impressed with my iPhone that she just had to get a new phone. Since AT&T's coverage out her way is non-existent, she has to go with Verizon; no iPhone on VZW... She called them and was going to upgrade to a Droid, but I talked her into a Droid X. She won't get it until next week, but what are some must-have apps for her? What do y'all like?

Of course, Tapatalk - to view the .oRg - is a must! ;)

Let's hear what y'all like...

:cheerleader:

I'm gettin' a Droid X!! I'm gettin' a Droid X!! :laugh: Never ever been excited about technology, but now I can't wait :p

I have a Droid....recommend the Astro file organizer app...

..the Flixster movie app...and the Weather Bug Elite. :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

I have Flixster and WB on my iPhone. I prefer Accuweather for the weather stuff...

Yelp! available for Droid?

congrats!
automatic task killer- a must for battery life
ringdroid- if you dig customizing your own ringtones and alerts
places directory- great for vacations and you need a good place to eat, sleep, attractions.

Yep, I've been on droidforums since she decided to get one. LOL

Google Shopper - scan a barcode and see prices/reviews elsewhere! (saved me from paying $20 too much)
Google sky - you gotta try it out!
Compass - show compasses on the phone
geobeagle - if you like geocaching
Pandora! (Must have unlimited data)

BTW - All are free :thumbsup:

I have Pandora, also. Skype would be another good one. FaceBook...

I'm all about free! :thumbsup:

Facebook will come pre-loaded on her phone...as will the new Blockbuster on Demand :thumbsup:

Nice!

We have Netflix, but they haven't released a mobile version yet. There's one for the iPad...and they're working on iPhone. I suspect that Android is close behind.

I also have SlingPlayer...

If your gonna use 'tapatalk' for posting pics then you should look a photobucket mobile .
'tapatalk' posts stamp size images whereas photbucket allows you to take , save and post full size images here .
Much better .
I like Pandora radio too .
And I HATE NEW IPHONE 4 !
I want my old phone back but already sold it :(

Nice!

We have Netflix, but they haven't released a mobile version yet. There's one for the iPad...and they're working on iPhone. I suspect that Android is close behind.

I also have SlingPlayer...

There's an app for SlingPlayer for the Droid too ;) Saw it while playing with Rita's phone...

these are a few not previously listed that i use on my moto droid

handcent sms - texting program
linda manager - file manager
my tracks - great to track your ride, speed, and all that good stuff
slick deals
usa today
stocks
setcpu - used to set cpu speed for overclockers
rom manager - used to change roms easily on your droid

I pretty much live on my Droid, I'd say my favorite 10 apps are (after a TON of testing):

1. Remote Desktop Client - Xtralogic
2. Advanced Task Killer - ReChild
3. EStrongs File Explorer - Estrongs
4. eBay - eBay Inc.
5. EboBirthday - EboMike
6. Google Voice - Google Inc.
7. CalWidget - egg 'n stone
8. RingGuard - x475aws
9. SpeedView - Code Sector
10. Pandora Radio - Pandora

Dan has a DroidX and seems to really like.

So, do you want "useful" apps or fun apps? I love my Kindle app. I can read all of the books available on my Kindle.

Talking Parrot is fun, but it doesn't do anything useful.

I'd say go for both types.

If it were for me, I'd want the technical stuff, RDP, Telnet, network analyzer-type stuff.

My kids fuss at me for not having games on my iPhone. LOL So, I've been looking for fun, FREE - iPhone games. I suspect that Michelle would do the same.

Question for those with Droids... I presume that they have a music player; load it up with a micro-SD card and use it as MP3 player. However, can it be plugged into a car stereo with a USB port and have the head unit play the songs?

Back