Why isn't the new iPhone 4s the best ever?

Capt is the USA leading the 4g world or are we behind the times? How long will it be before strong 4g is everywhere same as 3G? I'm curious how much 4g there is in the rest of the world?

From what I have heard we are behind Japan by a good bit. I guess they have had 4G for a while now.

On AT&T's 3G in Philly, I get between 14-22 Mbps down and 4-6 Mbps up (using the FCC Test App). I hear Verizon is a bit slower. As for the iPhone 5, all the rumors seem to have been incorporated in the 4S, except for the new case. That's what disappointed everyone. Really just joking about other phones and 4G/LTE; I knew it would get a reaction from a bunch of people. I like my buddy's Droid, but it seems it's always plugged in somewhere.

I can tell you one thing the iPhone 4S doesn't have is Flash support.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I can tell you one thing the iPhone 4S doesn't have is Flash support.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

In the 5 years of owning an Iphone i have had one page i wanted to view that i couldn't because of this.. Also flash is outdated. Thats why Apple isn't going to it. HTML5 is far superior for the mobile world because it doesn't require extra applets to work, its faster, and open source.

In the 5 years of owning an Iphone i have had one page i wanted to view that i couldn't because of this.. Also flash is outdated. Thats why Apple isn't going to it. HTML5 is far superior for the mobile world because it doesn't require extra applets to work, its faster, and open source.

My experience is the opposite. There have been multiple video's and websites that I can watch or visit on my droid but can't watch or visit on my blackberry 9930 which also supports HTML5. Its the one thing I miss the most. I agree HTML5 is superior and can't wait until all sites use it though.

I have the iPhone 4 and am eligible for an upgrade; I will probably sit on it though. Does anyone have Street Fighter Volt?

I bought a used 3gs for $50 to test the Iwaters about a year ago...having been on BB forever. I like the Iphone better but hate the flash issue. had planned to get the 5 as im eligible for the upgrade and i think ill still just wait till then... i also want to see what kind of progress apple makes inthe Post Jobs era. im sure there were ideas in the hopper but thatll run dry...

Yep ask Apple gots and the IPhone is better. Ask Android guys and its better.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

i am do for an upgrade this month (sprint), finally can get rid of the blackberry, im kinda torn between a droid or an i-phone, i kinda like the samsung epic 4g, or the HTC evo 4g

My experience is the opposite. There have been multiple video's and websites that I can watch or visit on my droid but can't watch or visit on my blackberry 9930 which also supports HTML5. Its the one thing I miss the most. I agree HTML5 is superior and can't wait until all sites use it though.

That's interesting. Funny how it all works or doesn't on all the different platforms. Html5 will be good for all the platforms for sure.

As for that guys blog, his opinion is just that an opinion. He obviously has a beef with apple products and didn't offer a balanced view. It's the same crap they said about the 3GS. Then the 4 came out and smacked the mobile phone world again, and so shall it be for the 5.

Jailbreaking the iPhone gives it some boost as 3rd party apps lets the phone do more. Like 3g unrestricter (makes my phone think its always on wifi so there is no cap), iSwipe (yes iphone can swipe on a keyboard) and many many others

Professor, from a laymen. Does the dual core chip not in some way make up for it not being 4g?
How much faster is 4g? And isn't 4g LTE actually not 4g but a 'light' version hence the LTE which isn't really faster at all? (that's only what I've read and heard, not my thoughts)

05 Busa, what is iPhone 5 supposed to have that 4s doesn't?

I only want one because it's new and cool and with one I'll be even cooler myself :laugh:

I can say that once we got 4g here it is alot faster than the 3g was, Kinda like riding a 600 compared to a busa.

Rick come down to the house this weekend and you can play with my Bionic and you will want one....

I will be there and I want to check it out, I wanna see how much better it is than the Thunderbolt

Not much 4G in KC! VZW has no plans for the foreseeable future to deploy it. ATT has said maybe by EOY 2011...

I've been using iOS 5 for a few months - as long as they have been doing developer betas...pretty impressive! They released the GM seed to developers today; it's nice! Now I'm torn whether to upgrade to 5 or wait 'til the untethered jailbreak is out. Hrmmmm.

My iPhone is 4.3.3 jailbroken, but I' have iOS 5 on my iPad...it rocks!
Care to share your OS?

Your smartphone has got a long way to go to catch up to mine....

My smartphone aside from all the internet,apps and features make it superior to anything on the market...

My smartphone with the app from GM will start the car run a full diagnostic it and track it wherever it goes....

My smartphone with the voice activation will also drive the car to the local liquor drive through window pick up the beer, cigarettes, and tortilla chips with the salsa sauce for the game on Sunday and pay for it via bluetooth connection....

My smartphone has a secondary backup battery that lets it vibrate hard enough to shake the bed for many hours non-stop my lady loves this phone for all it's feature...

My lady took my smartphone and ran away with it cause she realized she could get everything done by this dam phone with no help from me :down: I hat these dam smart phones :banghead: :laugh:...

Your smartphone has got a long way to go to catch up to mine....

My smartphone aside from all the internet,apps and features make it superior to anything on the market...

My smartphone with the app from GM will start the car run a full diagnostic it and track it wherever it goes....

My smartphone with the voice activation will also drive the car to the local liquor drive through window pick up the beer, cigarettes, and tortilla chips with the salsa sauce for the game on Sunday and pay for it via bluetooth connection....

My smartphone has a secondary backup battery that lets it vibrate hard enough to shake the bed for many hours non-stop my lady loves this phone for all it's feature...

My lady took my smartphone and ran away with it cause she realized she could get everything done by this dam phone with no help from me :down: I hat these dam smart phones :banghead: :laugh:...

Yeah; but can it make a call?!:laugh:

i am an android freak. I have had most motorola droids there are and love them. i can program them oc them root them have all kinds of fun with them. Themeing etc. I have had 2 iphones both ip4. I honestly think its all about what you use the phone for as to wether one is better then the other. If you are a techie like myself....you will have more fun with the droid. Some of them as lots have locked bootloaders which hinders progress. If you like everything polished for you and you want a lazy mans phone you are not allowed to change the programming in really thn the iphone is for you. Droid is way better for net surfing as everything works on it. Iphone is better for gaming as the graphics are unreal!!!!!! There are way more free apps for the droid then there are for the iphone. Most of the free apps for the iphone are lite versions that either quit working or they are only partial programs which dont allow you to lets say finish a game. That all being said i currently have an iphone4. The main reason is i play some online games like imobster that really dont work right if you dont have emoji. Which is something droid doesnt have. Oh and by the way.....there is no comparison in battery life period. Apple wins this battle hands down. You will be hooked to an outlet somewere with your driod, thats a given.

Back