Iphone 5 thoughts... thinking about changing

Hahahaha. Every time I see someone call him Erin I hear this song playing in my head with it

And I have no idea why, lol.

Poor Erin!

Last edited by a moderator:
post-70-1276372811.jpg

I'm an s3 user and like the phone. Having just went through this with my father, I would seriously consider not getting him a smartphone unless you know for sure he can use it.

You know your father better than anyone else but a few things to consider:
1. Vision - will he be able to read all the content on the screen? Zoom doesn't work everywhere.
2. Reliable - dumb phones are reliable and don't depend on computer software for anything. No matter what your opinion is smartphones are not as reliable as dumb phones. If you need a reliable phone for your dad that isn't prone to 'vulnerabilities' outages or being dropped.

If you want to get your father the features of smartphones, get him a separate tablet, 7in or 10 in depending on his vision. Your dad will be annoyed at having to scroll all over the place on a phone. You can even get him a tablet with a built in cellular modem.

That way when the tablet locks up or he drops it, he can call and blame you :laugh:

I use to have an Iphone, but work switched me to a BlackBerry. Using BB now for three years and still hate everything about it. It is even worse than a Kawasaki.:banghead:

IT has just made a policy change, we will be switching to Iphone soon, can't wait.

I have an iphone and a blackberry.
And I've had good experience with the iPhone, is more friendly and fast, especially if you like to surf the web, has good performance battery and recharges pretty fast..

I like blackberry but they are seriously falling behind. I dont need a thousand apps or play angry birds all day but there are some useful apps that could be used on a daily basis that BB doesnt have or if they do it doesnt perform as well as the Iphone or Droid phones. The only thing good about BB is the keyboard/ track ball mouse and the great battery life :whistle:

I'm an s3 user and like the phone. Having just went through this with my father, I would seriously consider not getting him a smartphone unless you know for sure he can use it.

You know your father better than anyone else but a few things to consider:
1. Vision - will he be able to read all the content on the screen? Zoom doesn't work everywhere.
2. Reliable - dumb phones are reliable and don't depend on computer software for anything. No matter what your opinion is smartphones are not as reliable as dumb phones. If you need a reliable phone for your dad that isn't prone to 'vulnerabilities' outages or being dropped.

If you want to get your father the features of smartphones, get him a separate tablet, 7in or 10 in depending on his vision. Your dad will be annoyed at having to scroll all over the place on a phone. You can even get him a tablet with a built in cellular modem.

That way when the tablet locks up or he drops it, he can call and blame you :laugh:

He wants a smartphone and can use a computer so i can manage to teach him. He wants to access his email etc when he is out and about so theres no talking him out of it

Is it just email? If it's email he's primarily concerned with, I hate to say it but blackberry is probably the best out there still especially if it's enterprise email.

You may want to find out what 'size' he wants in a smartphone too.. Androids come in all sizes, even with keyboards if your dad has the finger dexterity to use one. Iphones, not so much.

He wants a smartphone and can use a computer so i can manage to teach him. He wants to access his email etc when he is out and about so theres no talking him out of it

Is it just email? If it's email he's primarily concerned with, I hate to say it but blackberry is probably the best out there still especially if it's enterprise email.

You may want to find out what 'size' he wants in a smartphone too.. Androids come in all sizes, even with keyboards if your dad has the finger dexterity to use one. Iphones, not so much.

I was thinking the same thing. That's the ONLY thing I miss about my BB..

Back